Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. The 500 combo is 350w @ 8ohm when used alone.

Honch, crucislancer, GregT and 2 others like this.
  2. GregT

GregT

Jan 29, 2012
    Southwest Missouri
    Yes. And in real life, on stage, the XLR DI on the Rumbles work like a charm. I have actually tried it!

Like Linnin and others have mentioned, it is just like putting a mic in front of your amp. If you turn up the volume with a mic, it works exactly the same.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    Aidil and Linnin like this.
  3. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Real Life Experience & Testimony Is Important! :thumbsup: Thanks @GregT

GregT likes this.
  4. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
  5. Honch

Honch Guest

Sep 7, 2006
    Yes it's really true, but this is said in the specs for the Rumble AMP. 500 W @ 4 ohms with EXTERNAL SPEAKER. 350 W @ 8 Ohms Internal. However, when browsing the specs for all of their extension cabinets, NO OHM are given just the amount of wattage they're taking. The ohm rating might be visible on some zooming in on the back panel pics. But not on all. On their 2x10 extension it says 8 ohm. So you just have to take care when you decide to use THEIR extension cabs. Of course, if they're all 8 ohms, and they get pararell at all times, then it's 500 W @ 4 ohms, and no problems. But it's still different 500W from 350W if push comes to shove.

6. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    I don't know where you are looking, but yes all of the V3 Fender Rumble extension speaker cabinets are indeed 8 ohms. All of the specs are available straight from the source. Rumble | Fender Bass Amplifiers

GregT likes this.
  7. Big Hoss

Big Hoss Up note, down note, blue note, brown note...

You must not be looking at Fenders official site. I just browsed the specs on each of their cabs, and it clearly lists the impedance for what it's worth, is 8 ohms.

GregT and Linnin like this.
  8. Clark Westfield

Clark Westfield Floyd Pepper is my mentor!

Jan 30, 2012
    Central Jersey
    I'm playing a carnival and the promoter is going to have some cabinets.

They will have Ampeg 810 cabs.

Will a Rumble 500 head power this cab?

Not sure about the ohm thing.

GregT likes this.
  9. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    With the greatest of ease! If they are 8 ohms each, you can plug into two of them! Do Not Go Under 4 Ohms Total. Remember 8+8=4 ;)

Honch and GregT like this.
  10. Big Hoss

Must be that Common Core Cirriculum my teacher friends are talking about..

steamthief likes this.
  11. The Ampeg SVT810E or standard Ampeg 810 cab is 4 ohms. Perfect for the Rumble 500 head.
    You can run the 810 cab as two 8 ohm loads (therefore a 4 ohm total) top 4 speakers and bottom 4 speakers but best to simply plug yr Rumble amp into the 4 ohm socket on the rear

DerekW and Linnin like this.
  12. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    And there you go! The voice of experience speaks good advice :thumbsup:

DerekW likes this.
  13. Honch

Honch Guest

Sep 7, 2006
    The tab SPECS right to the overview tab, says nothing on this... at the fender site, but it may be the browser...

Rumble™ 410 Cabinet | Extension Cabinets Amps | Fender® Amplifiers

Will lead you only to the extension cabs, 4x10 as example, the tab that says specs...maybe clandenstine blackops not allowed for outside us to disclose? ;)

But enough of this, they show some back panel pics - when zoomed - where 8 ohm can be clearly shown.

14. rjd5974

rjd5974

Nov 16, 2014
    Well...the 500 combo with 115 extension is scheduled for delivery from Fed Ex tomorrow. It should arrive in a time frame where I'll pretty much have time to plug it in at home to make sure the power comes on. Then it's time to load it up and bring it to the gig. Trial by fire.

The thing I'm most looking for is that "oh poopie" look my bandmates will have on their faces when they see me loading this set up in after watching me carry around my little TC Electronic 1x15 for all this time.

Guess I'll be needing a number.

theevilplankton, GregT and Linnin like this.
  15. eudaimonia

eudaimonia

Jan 12, 2014
    I've done one recording session with my 500H. Used DI and additional microphone in front. Didn't use the miced version in final mix. My bass sounded really sweet through DI. You just need to tweak the master to get decent levels.

16. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    The Voice of Experience Speaks the Truth!

GregT likes this.
  17. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Why Certainly! Welcome to the Fender Rumble Club, rjd5974! :woot: You are member #502 :hyper: You're going to have more balls then you know what to do with.

:D Rumbles Rule! :roflmao:

18. rjd5974

rjd5974

Nov 16, 2014
    One more quick question. Is the combo and 115 stack tall enough where I shouldn't need to worry about getting something to raise it off the floor further?

19. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Yes, you'll be just fine! ;)

20. Big Hoss

The 500 combo and 210 is tall enough you feel the thump in your chest at low volume. The 115 cab should be close enough in height to have the same effect.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021