1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Rumble LT25, Studio 40 & Stage 800

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by G-Dog, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Gsnorgathon

Gsnorgathon

Jan 15, 2020
    -100 gets you a half step. (The units are cents, where 1 cent is 1/100 of a half step.)

Droopy_TX, SoulReflection and G-Dog like this.
  2. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Makes "cents" to me! Thanks for clearing that up, thony. :thumbsup:

3. RL5

RL5

Nov 9, 2020
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks! Makes it nice and easy. Now I just need to figure out why Pitch Filter isn't available in the amp model I downloaded. :banghead:

4. Cowboy0071

Cowboy0071

Apr 6, 2012
    A little PSA, not sure if this issue has been discussed before. So I am going to share the issues I had updating the firmware on my Stage 800. On Feb. 3, 2021 I received my Rumble Stage 800 from Sweetwater. The first 3 or 4 times the firmware update failed and then it finally worked. Things were great until I bought a tablet to run the tone app on. I couldn't get it to connect via bluetooth and the last troubleshooting step was to update the firmware on the amp. Well that failed and no matter what I tried I couldn't get it to complete. After several hours on my own, a call to Fender Tech Support and one to Sweetwater, I was told to exchange the amp. The next day on March 4th I had a new one from Sweetwater. The new amp shipped with the latest firmware (3.0.23) and had a build date of 11/02/2020, the old one a build date of 09/03/2020 and shipped with 2.0.11 firmware. I packed the malfunctioning amp back in it's box and dropped it off at Fedex. Well curiosity got the best of me and I ran a update on the new amp the next day.....The Update Failed on the new amp as well. It said the firmware version was incomplete and the base is 2.0.11 20210301_163322.jpg I had all the Amp, Cab , and effects from the latest firmware, the only thing I could find missing was the unpair devices option under bluetooth. Now it's got me questioning my setup at home. My Internet gateway is from AT&T and 8-10 years old. So I took the amp to my Brother's, connected to his wifi from Spectrum and the update ran successfully the first time. I spent a few hours with tech support people, Never got asked once about my router. I have never had any issues with it and there are 4-5 devices connected to it daily. It just won't send the update to my amp. Works fine with every thing else. I've got a new router coming either way.

Sam Reese likes this.
  5. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

RL, have you tried adding the Pitch Shifter effect, as described on page 22 of the manual? Not many presets already have it added.

Droopy_TX said, "Using the amp's front panel, the Chromatic Pitch Shifter effect is located in the FILTERS+SHIFT group, and called PITCH SHIFTER. Once you've added it, it's called CHROM PITCH."

6. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Wow! I haven't heard of this before, Cowboy! So, is your concise Public Service Announcement that "certain older wifi routers may have problems transmitting the Rumble firmware update"? Or is there any more info to it, at this time? Sounds like one reasonable conclusion from your description. Did any of the techs you talked to tell you this, like they had run into this before? If so, which tech, Fender, Sweetwater, AT&T, Spectrum, ...?

Any other specifics you can share? Like, is there any significant internet speed difference between your wifi and your brother's, in case that has any bearing? Did you try the Full Firmware Update, listed halfway down this Tone App Support webpage, instead of just the Standard Firmware Update? (Although I would think that'd be the first thing Fender Support would have you try.) Do you plan to test with the new router? If so, do you have an ETA when that will be?

Please excuse the "third degree". If you don't mind, I'd like to include your PSA in the Tone App Support section of the Rumble Club Wiki page, but would like to make it as complete as possible. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Cowboy0071 likes this.
  7. RL5

RL5

Nov 9, 2020
    Colorado Springs
    I have. The Pitch Shifter option is grayed out. I can add it on other amp models, but not the one I downloaded and intended to use. Maybe try creating one of my own based on the settings of the one I downloaded and putting it on that one.

8. Gsnorgathon

Gsnorgathon

Jan 15, 2020
    Pitch shifters are pretty resource intensive. May be you have to remove one or more other effects before you can add a pitch shifter to it. You can always save a copy and work on the copy.

ricardol and G-Dog like this.
  9. RL5

RL5

Nov 9, 2020
    Colorado Springs
    Yeah, that seems to have been the issue. Removed one effect and added the pitch shifter. Saved an Eb setting and a D setting. I'll play with them and see how I like the sound.

Thanks for all the info. Now I just need to learn the songs. Not the easiest when you're barely an adequate player and you're not familiar with the songs. :nailbiting:

G-Dog likes this.
  10. Droopy_TX

Droopy_TX

Jul 17, 2016
    Houston
    That would’ve been my answer, nearly verbatim.

11. a-37

a-37

Apr 23, 2015
    Helsinki
    If your old router was 8-10 years old it was high time to get a new one in any case. They tend to become unreliable over time even if nothing seems obviously malfunctioning.

12. Cowboy0071

Cowboy0071

Apr 6, 2012
    For now my working theory is it is an issue with the older router. I just received my new router and it is the next model number, 3800-3801, so I will be testing it out for my own curiosity and future planning. I had not considered the speed difference. I have slower internet at 15 MBps my brother has 100 MBps that may make a difference. I will know if speed is a factor after testing the new modem. Not one single tech mentioned my router age or internet speed as a possible issue. I did everything, Standard, Force Update, and the restore all option, multiple times over several hours, even memorized my Wifi password because I had typed it so much. I plan on doing the install/switch on the weekend, My fiance uses the internet for work. Gives me time to work on issues. I will update afterwards.

Danthoin and G-Dog like this.
  13. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Thank you very much, Cowboy. Very interesting. That's quite an internet speed difference, though. But, if 15 Mbps is good enough for your other needs, so far, then I wouldn't think you need to change that yet.

I look forward with crossed fingers to your later update. Again, thanks for sharing.

Cowboy0071 likes this.
  14. Does anyone have experience with the fender expression pedal? If so, can only the foot switch OR the expression pedal be used.. or can they both be used simultaneously?

Can any generic expression pedal be used?

Thanks.

15. BarfanyShart

BarfanyShart

Sep 19, 2019
    DC Metro
    I do not own one yet, but my understanding is that you daisy chain them together to use them both.

16. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Here's all the experience I've read about the expression pedal. The Fender pedal plugs into the footswitch to use both. At least one generic pedal mentioned there did not work.

17. That's what I thought too, but I believe I read some misinfo on a GT forum. Thanks

18. Thanks G. Can always count on you. I'm really wanting to try the detune "pedal" and see what that's all about.

19. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Please let us know what you find. :D

20. Gsnorgathon

Gsnorgathon

Jan 15, 2020
    EXP-1 + pitch shifter is so much fun I haven't bothered with anything else yet.

Dookieshoes and G-Dog like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 8, 2021