1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Rumble LT25, Studio 40 & Stage 800

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by G-Dog, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Cowboy0071

Cowboy0071

Apr 6, 2012
    I can't wait to do the same, just gotta save up to buy the matching cab!

G-Dog and TH0MAS like this.
  2. Hey wait! Yours has black covers?

Attached Files:

G-Dog likes this.
  3. TH0MAS

TH0MAS

May 22, 2020
    Ottawa, On, Canada
    I didn’t think the Stage 800 came with silver covers? I’ve only ever seen it in black.

4. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Hey, Dook! I know you’re just messing with Th0mmy, but you got me confused enough to look up your 210 arrival pic and then your Stage grille reclothing pic, too. I, too, never heard of a stock silver grille Stage or Studio. Sorry to bust your con, but I'm watching Monk on TV and he always rubs off in me. I hadda post this to make the voices in my head stop. Aaaauuuugh! :smug:

ps: Lovely Bass VI & Jag!!!

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200519165001005_COVER_2.jpg

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    Dookieshoes likes this.
  5. TH0MAS

TH0MAS

May 22, 2020
    Ottawa, On, Canada
    Haha, I was wondering if I was being messed with! :)

6. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Yeah, that's Dookie. He's a real kidder! But he knows his Stage stuff. He's a real credit to The Club and we're glad to have him here.

Never heard how he got that name, though. Not sure I want to.

7. Solude

Solude

Sep 16, 2017
    That's actually about as close to ideal as you could expect. Not overly slack, no tension at all, nice :D

TH0MAS likes this.
  8. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

@ColmBass, I copied your [edited] Rumble Club post here to hopefully get some experts' responses. I don't know that much about the Stage/Studio implementation of compression to answer your question and my googling skilz have failed me, so far. But, I will keep trying, at least until we get a reasonable answer here. Stay tuned ... ...

ColmBass likes this.
  9. ColmBass

ColmBass

Apr 11, 2021
    Ireland
    Thaks G!

10. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Attention: Rumble Club Wiki Edit Alert!

Thank you, @CallMeAl, for starting your V3 Rumble Reliability Data thread. It has now been linked in the Rumble Club Threads section of the Rumble Club Wiki! This is a very interesting, if unscientific, thread that perhaps reveals more about human nature than the actual topic espoused.

Thanks for this, Al. Today's posts brought back to my attention. :smug:

Rumble On!

chupacerveza likes this.
  11. Zapple

Zapple

Jan 26, 2017
    5th Dimension
    I am newbie when it comes to amp, cabs and combos so I can use some beginner help here... for me, its simple, I have the 800, and am looking for the 210 cab based on all advice here and previous posts.. My question is about the Speakon cable...12g or 14g? Does it matter? Is shorter better? (Sam Ash, v GC or Fender Branded)...Cable length needed is maybe 2' at best. Any brands to avoid? Anything else to know about "stacking" the 800 and 210? Recommended road cases to keep an eye out for? TIA

12. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Make sure the cable is assembled using real Neutrik Speakon connectors. Avoid the ones from Monoprice. 14AWG is fine. A bit longer is better than a bit short.

chupacerveza and G-Dog like this.
  13. Zapple

Zapple

Jan 26, 2017
    5th Dimension
    A foot long over a foot short ANYDAY!!!!
    How do you know if the cable is using real Neutrik Speakon Connectors? Specs say "
    Rapco Horizon Commercial Series 14AWG Speaker Cable (1/4" to Speakon) Horizon's most popular speaker cable. Using bare copper stranded, twisted pair conductors each individually jacketed with an overall round jacket added for durability, this commercial grade speaker cable will stand the test of time. Commercial Grade

14. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Wrong cable, you want Speakon at both ends.
    Rapco Horizon doesn’t claim to use authentic Neutrik connectors so I guess they don’t. Cheap Speakon have a reputation for failure and getting stuck in the equipment.
    I’d look to Hosa or ProCo, who make a point of using authentic Neutrik connectors.

G-Dog likes this.
  15. Zapple

Zapple

Jan 26, 2017
    5th Dimension
    Thank you!

16. TH0MAS

TH0MAS

May 22, 2020
    Ottawa, On, Canada
    You need a 3ft cable at minimum. My 3ft cable just barely fits with a few inches to spare.

Jonathan C and G-Dog like this.
  17. TH0MAS

TH0MAS

May 22, 2020
    Ottawa, On, Canada
    What’s wrong with the monoprice cable? That’s what I bought, a 3ft 12ga speakon and it seems to work fine.

18. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    If you search here and on other forums, you will find a number of threads where the Monoprice Speakon connector became lodged in the equipment and wouldn't come out. Others have noted that they fail in other ways as well. They may be cheap, but I'm not willing to risk damage or disassembly of my equipment.

chupacerveza likes this.
  19. TH0MAS

TH0MAS

May 22, 2020
    Ottawa, On, Canada
    I wish I had seen that before I bought my cable. I’m not going to try and remove it to test whether it gets stuck. It works and is already in there so I’m just going to leave it now.

Thanks!

20. Zapple

Zapple

Jan 26, 2017
    5th Dimension
    Was in the HAVE TO HAVE IT TODAY mood bc the 210 cab is just sit-in there! Returned from the dreaded "GC" with a 5' Live Wire Elite Speakon Cable. TY @abarson from saving me from a complete cluster of a day!!!

abarson likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 8, 2021