1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Rumble LT25, Studio 40 & Stage 800

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by G-Dog, Jul 30, 2019.

1. I've got a wah and volume pedal, but that pitch shift has been calling my name.. plus it's nice to know that I can leave all my pedals at home and feel secure.

G-Dog likes this.
  2. Buzzment

Buzzment

Feb 13, 2021
    Dublin, Ireland
    I love fiddling around with the pitch shifters along with delays for fun sounds lol..

Dookieshoes likes this.
  3. mateoloco

mateoloco Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2021
    Atlanta
    I searched for the answer but didn't find any but apologize if this has already been answered. I am new to playing bass (1 month to be exact) and I picked up a B-Dec through Craigslist on a good deal. I am interested in getting a footswitch for it but the one that was made for it (ULT-4) is really hard to find (found one on Mercari that costs more than the B-Dec did. I know that the ULT-4 will work on the newer Fender modeling amps, but I have the opposite question. Will the newer footswitches (specifically the MS-4, since it's similar, inexpensive and readily available) work on the older B-Dec? Alternatively, if someone has a ULT-4 and a newer modeling amp, I'd buy them a new MS-4 and in exchange for the ULT-4.

iagtrplyr likes this.
  4. iagtrplyr

iagtrplyr Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    Great question, mateoloco, and welcome to not only TalkBass, but to the world of bass. Let it get under your skin and nothing else will compare.

The gent you need to hear from is G’Dog, the guy who spearheads this forum. I believe he is a B-Dec owner and would probably have an answer for you. Just be patient and he’ll be here sooner or later to help you out.

mateoloco likes this.
  5. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Wow, matty! That is pretty new to bass. Welcome to TalkBass. Any guitar experience?​

Wow, again! The B-DEC is the grandaddy to today's Rumble Stage & Studio modeling amps, and a great bass teaching/learning platform. Do you have the manual and Method Book for it? You are also correct that the footswitch is extremely helpful in using it. There's a reasonably priced ULT-4 here on Reverb.

And here's the Fender webpage that says the MS-4 & ULT-4 will both work in place of the MGT-4 footswitch, which certainly does imply, at least to me, that they are are all 3 interchangeable. But, the button labels may be different. Fortunately that webpage has a PDF template for making a paper button label template! Perhaps it could be edited to revert the labels of the newer switch to an older one? Here's where I used the paper template to upgrade my ULT-4 footswitch while waiting on my FREE magnetic overlay that looks much better.​

Hmmm, ... ... That could be a reasonable offer, though I'd hate to orphan my still working B-DEC without it's footswitch. But If that ULT-4 link I found is no longer available, and we can't find another, you might try the MS-4 (with a paper template, if needed) on your B-DEC. Then, IF the MS-4 doesn't work you can send me a private message here on TB and we'll see what we can work out from there. ​

Ah, my beaucoup companion, Iago, knows me only too well. But it takes a spearhead to know one! He heads the Combo Club here on TB, where he is affectionately known as Fearless Leader!! matty, you should post a pic of your B-DEC there to get free membership!!!

iagtrplyr likes this.
  6. mateoloco

mateoloco Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2021
    Atlanta
    Thanks for the welcome to Talk Bass. No guitar experience. Thanks for all the links! I knew about the B-DEC and the Rumble but not about the Bronco. I had the manuals and was mainly using the amp as a teaching tool by going through some of the songs and exercises in the method book. That reverb link is from 5 years ago, unfortunately. The most recent one for sale on Reverb is from a year ago and it's no longer available. I think I'll try to find an inexpensive MS-4 and see if it works and if for some reason it doesn't, I'll PM you. I'll post a picture in the combo club when I get the chance. And I appreciate you offering me the free membership and not trying to upsell me on the deluxe membership for $19.95 ;)

iagtrplyr and G-Dog like this.
  7. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

[whisper] Just between you and me, matty, Fearless Leader really hates it when I cheat him out of revenue like that. After you join I'll tell you how to avoid his exorbitant monthly dues and still have full access to the Clubhouse and all facilities! @iagtrplyr really goes ballistic when I do that. Heh, heh, heh. No wonder he can afford to buy a new combo every month! But he does give very good reviews of them. [/whisper]

8. iagtrplyr

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    Hey, I’m still here, ya know!

Our membership has always been free except for those who want a certain number...then it’s $250,000 in unmarked tens and twenties.

Speaking of combos, Pup, I’ve got another one in my sights, but I’m too embarrassed to even mention it at the home base...or home for that matter!

Note to self: Papa needs a new pair of shoes, time to start charging dues! Hey, that rhymed.

G-Dog and SoulReflection like this.
  9. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    Better than saying Papa's Got a Brand New Bag! That could be really expensive :cool:.

10. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Eavesdropper! :woot:

And watch the volume of your voice or @RodRy might hear you and there goes your biggest dues payor and a significant chunk of your income!

iagtrplyr and SoulReflection like this.
  11. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    Oh, No...all this buying and no selling? Is that the definition of a "hoarder"?

12. iagtrplyr

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    True. He’s literally paid for the clubhouse renovations and nine-hole golf course that we show off to interested applicants. Let’s change the subject!

SoulReflection likes this.
  13. iagtrplyr

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    Who’s not selling? Uhh...me. But in my mind I have all kinds of good things heading out the door to fund new projects. It’s a nice place, my mind! :woot:

SoulReflection likes this.
  14. TH0MAS

TH0MAS

May 22, 2020
    Ottawa, On, Canada
    Quick question for those that may know. I have the Stage 800 and just ordered the matching 210. I also ordered a 3 foot speakon cable. Will 3 feet be enough to reach between them stacked without the ends being pulled tight? I think so but am a little concerned. The next smaller size of cable was 10ft which is overkill. Help me put my mind at ease that with the 800 and 210 stacked, a 3ft speakon will be ok.

Thanks.

iagtrplyr likes this.
  15. B Dax

B Dax

Sep 8, 2018
    Yep, you’re good with 3’.

TH0MAS likes this.
  16. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Looks good to me, Tommy! Each one is just 23" tall (1" less than 2 ft.), so, 3 ft. ought to get you there.
    2376100000_amp_back_001_nr.jpg
    2380100000_amp_back_001_nr.jpg

iagtrplyr and TH0MAS like this.
  17. TH0MAS

TH0MAS

May 22, 2020
    Ottawa, On, Canada
    Thanks gentlemen! I figured it should fit but you never know.

G-Dog, every time you call me Tommy, it makes me chuckle as I haven’t been called that since I was a wee lad. :)

Danthoin, iagtrplyr and G-Dog like this.
  18. 3ft is plenty of slack. Enjoy!

Attached Files:

Danthoin, TH0MAS and G-Dog like this.
  19. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    That combination makes for an awesome stack! You are gonna love it! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :thumbsup:

SoulReflection, TH0MAS and G-Dog like this.
  20. TH0MAS

TH0MAS

May 22, 2020
    Ottawa, On, Canada
    Ok well my 3ft cable fits but it’s pretty close. I’m very pleased with my stack!

I can’t wait to play out with it at some point.

Attached Files:

Dookieshoes, ShawnG and Cowboy0071 like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 8, 2021