1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

G&L Club Part 7

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Dec 4, 2013.

Tags:
  1. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    :drool:

2. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    Extra low, extra loud. ...not subtle. You'll get it right away.

Red Planet likes this.
  3. Red Planet

Red Planet Banned SUSPENDED

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    I'm cranky in my old age.
    So thats what I like about my LB-100 it has tons of bottom. I had a L-1500 for a while and it just didnt have enough bottom to suit me.

4. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    The OMG setting is another world of low beyond the LB-100. Some folks seem to use it full-time. I can't imagine that. You'll see.

Red Planet likes this.
  5. Mammoth_Bass

Mammoth_Bass Check out my band Mammothor!! Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Sandown, NH
    Any recommendations for replacement knobs? Thinking of getting some white ones for my L2K. Can anyone inform my of the pot shaft size?? Thanks in advance

PS some white tips for the switches?? Am I going too far? o_O

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  6. jmlee

jmlee Catgut? Not funny. Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Oh, I’d leave it just exactly how it is. :woot:

Mammoth_Bass likes this.
  7. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    I'd go with white pearl-top knobs.
    I found abalone knobs to match my fretboard decals...$10 for the knobs, same price for the decals.
    Found a set of the G&L toggle switch caps, too, and I've seen caps on Amazon...white, cream and black.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  8. Red Planet

Red Planet Banned SUSPENDED

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    I'm cranky in my old age.
    Where can I find a digram on what the settings are on this particular L-2000?

9. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    RandM likes this.
  10. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Short answer, absolutely not!

Although they're already chrome and contrast with the dark body, so I don't know how much they'd change the look of the bass. But in the right light where it's more obvious they're white, I think they'd give it a more coordinated look. So, yeah, my short answer still holds - absolutely not!

11. Mammoth_Bass

Mammoth_Bass Check out my band Mammothor!! Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Sandown, NH
    I can always take them off! Order placed

pjbassist and dave64o like this.
  12. dave64o

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    :thumbsup:

13. keto

keto

Mar 3, 2016
    Edmonton
    DAD5E229-54AF-41ED-A79B-1A0DA363ABDF. A77F224E-3F88-4EDF-874B-4EFD8DE5C57E. D03BDE20-07DD-41AA-9E2E-4772C6D70949.

Cleaning up, first gig with new band tonight. Starting to show wear and tear from heavy (to me) usage. Plastic on the controls hanging in, I made the band hold a moment of silence when the battery compartment plastic gave up last month.

Hit the back of the neck with 400 wet sand, it’s been getting sticky.

jefff100, Ellery, osv and 7 others like this.
  14. sheltjo6

sheltjo6 Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2012
    California
    Has anyone attempted to purchase an M series 3-band preamp and or the Bi coil pickups used in an mj4 from G&L?

The website store offers m2000 mfd pickups and the L series preamp, but I’ve never seen any electronics for an mj4 available.

15. Scott Loveless

Scott Loveless Supporting Member

May 3, 2019
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    Hi, folks! I got my new Kiloton yesterday, and figured I'd post it here. Are club member numbers still a thing?

Just a couple initial thoughts so far. Since I like to tinker, does anyone know if the OMG mode from the L-1000 would work with a single tone knob? I guess I could always duplicate that circuitry with a stacked pot. (I'm not generally willing to permanently modify anything, especially if it's still under warranty. So, drilling holes is right out.)

Anyway, really enjoying it so far.

Red Planet, R&B, 2cooltoolz and 9 others like this.
  16. Scott Loveless

May 3, 2019
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    I fully intend to remove the plastic from my pickguard. Some day.

Maybe.

R&B and AGH like this.
  17. dave64o

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Beautiful! That's a really nice burst.

18. Scott Loveless

May 3, 2019
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    Thanks! I'm not generally fan of burst finishes in general, but this is done very nicely. Much better than I expected.

jefff100 likes this.
  19. TDR1138

TDR1138

Apr 11, 2007
    Section 204
    Good looking bass!

The OMG mode modifies the switch, and has nothing to do with the pots, so yeah, totally doable. Your current switch should work fine, you just need to add a .1uF cap, and you would lose the series mode. Or, you could add the cap on a push/pull pot and switch it in/out of the circuit to keep the stock series option.

jefff100 and Scott Loveless like this.
  20. jefff100

jefff100 Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Central NJ
    Nice Kilo.

Scott Loveless likes this.