1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genz Cab Love

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CaptainWally, Dec 30, 2011.

1. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    We hear so many accolades about Genz amps. What about their cabs? Is it that they face so much competition from cab-only companies, e.g. Bergantino, that keeps their line out of limelight?

2. modulusman

modulusman Banned

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    Love all my Genz Benz cabs.

3. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    I love the NeoX-212. It's a "tighter" cab, perfect for me as I favor the low mids over 60 Hz-ish lows. I've run a single cab at outdoor fairs and festivals and never lacked for power.

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I see posts gushing about Genz cabs nearly every day, so I don't think they are suffering any obscurity compared to other brands.

I got a Neox 212 just recently, and it's killer. It doesn't have the depth or "spaciousness" of my giant Bag End cabs, but that's to be expected; and the BE's seem to have a maximum limit of loudness that's relatively easy to run into, while the Neox just gets louder and punchier, the harder I hit it.

5. Yeah Genz cabs get lots of love around here from what I can tell. Personally I feel my Genz Benz Uber 410 is fantastic.

6. I've tried a Uber 410 and own a less-frequently-talked 410-XB3. I love them both for what they are. Loud and punchy. Uber for tight lows while the XB3 for the massive, wide lows.

With the Shuttle 6.0, I can make the XB3 to be warm and thumpy, to tight and punchy. Very versatile, imo.

7. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    For me, Genz makes the perfect cabs. I'm sure there are others that I would like as well, but I haven't found them yet :)

8. packhowitzer

packhowitzer 155mm of pure destruction

Apr 20, 2011
    Atlanta
    I have 2 Neox-212s that are just fantastic. My ears and my back love them.

9. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I've never been a big fan of GB's amps, but the Uber series are among my very favorite cabs, ever.

10. I played out 92 times this year and ever gig was either an Uber 410. 212, 210 or a combination of them....Love the GB cabs!

11. Love my Uber 410, I think the most classic sounding neo out there but we hear about the Neox 212 everyday.

12. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

I have an older 4ohm GB410T XB and boy does that thing thump! Was thinking about upgrading the speakers to lighten the load as this cab is 90lbs or so!

13. klokker

klokker

Jan 7, 2009
    Steele City, NE
    +1 For the small bars and stages we play its perfect. I get compliments all the time on my sound. If the house PA is broken or down I can still keep up with ease.

14. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    THE MADDEST SCIENTIST
    I assembled my Bag End 610 stack to replace my Genz Benz 610T XB2 that wouldn't fit in my car. I finally saw that GB cab fart before I traded it away under a cranked Hiwatt DR405 by fellow TBer AwkwardLoudness. I want one of those heads so bad now!

On topic, I'd love, love, love to have more GB cabs. In fact, if I don't upgrade with fEarfuls in the future, it'll be to GB cabs. I doubt I'll sell anything I have now although I should. Instead I'll just buy some Ubers sometime around next Christmas. ;)

That Neo 212 sounds mighty tasty too! I don't want or need lots of deep low bass. Even for my metal gigs, I want enough to know it's there but not enough to cause problems.

15. main_sale

main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    I traded my 410XB in on a NeoX 212T and liked it so much I got a second one to keep the first one company. They give me lots of versatility and fabulous tone!!!! They also hit like a hammer!!

16. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    ...sounds like some space ship from a 1960's cartoon. :D
    But this is a cab I'd still like to buy. I tried it next to the UBER 410 at a local indy music shop awhile back. They just would not budge enough for me $$-wise to snag it. I already have two UL410's, three 210 cabs, two Neox 212T's, a Neox 112T...(sing it) "and a partridge in a pear treeeeee." :bassist: :smug:

I felt with the weight of the XB-3, I had just traded off a XB-2 a few months earlier, they shoulda been glad I was trying to buy the cab outta their inventory, Oh well. I ended up buying a new TB153, 4 ohm, figured I had enough 10" cabs to hold me. The Neox 212T cabs, usually just one, are my most easy cabs to load/unload into/outta my SUV, so portable for me.

But since I installed those big 4" rubber, casters on my TB153 it's now the easier cab to move around. I place gear on top of it then just roll it along. With the 212T's I still used a foliding cart to move em. So the TB153 gets the call for my NY's eve gig tonite, smack middle of Houston CBD. Only entrance is at front door, right on Main street. Wifes gonna dump me off early and I gotta grab the cab, STM-900, mic stand, gig bag and bass bagg in a few mins before HPD comes to make me move. I have it all packed to do this in a couple mins then roll it all inside the club.

I do like my GB gear and though its harder to find now, I'm still gona look for the elusive 410XB-3 to see if I'm still diggin it.......Space Ghost!!!
    Sorry, on 3rd cup o' jo and sorta pumped for my gig tonite. HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL!!

17. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    This is a Genz 410T-XB3 cabinet. These are fantastic highly underated cabs.

DSCF1005.

DSCF1010.

This one happens to be available for anyone on Ontario.

TD

18. Lol :D I do honestly believe the Shuttle 6.0 and 410-XB3 is a quite versatile combination, in my opinion and unfortunately limited experience (not a lot of cab choices here :() It's downside is 4-ohm only option.
    Not really a downside, at least in my case, cause if I need more speakers I'm gonna snatch a 610 or 810 cab :cool:

I have no idea why stores don't promote or sell more of the XB-3 line. The Neo-X and Uber are fine, and the XB-3 is awesome in its own right.

That said, I really want to at least try a Neo-X 212 and TB153, two cabs I really like but not available where I live. Oh and a Uber Quad. Why hasn't a Quad owner chime in yet? :ninja:

ADD:
    I noticed you have a pair of 410-XB3 there, TD. Have you ever compared a stack of them to a 810-XB3? I'm looking for a 610 or 810 cab that has the XB-3 kind of tone.

19. SlingBass4

SlingBass4

Feb 28, 2009
    Kansas City
    One only has to sort through various posts to understand how many use and how well GB cabs are appreciated. I've used and like them in the confines of what they do. Bergantino makes some great cabs, as well, as does Mesa Boogie. Threads like this are always subjective - but suffice it to say: GB makes great gear! However, I remain......an Epifani guy with an admiration for other's cabs too :smug:

20. AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Detroit Metro, MI USA
    I am currently rockin a GB 2x12 UBER and it's a fantastic cab. UBER for sure!