1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Genzler Amplification Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Discount Saint, Mar 9, 2016.

1. ChrisWright

ChrisWright Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Southern FL
    There is nowhere as good as here.

revroy likes this.
  2. Nightman

Nightman If it ain't low, it's got to go! Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I agree! My connection with the board today was perfect. We need to work on our hearbacks. Seems every Sunday it’s a new adventure.

campbems likes this.
  3. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY / GENZLER
    Let’s see your rack mounted Magellan 800s. Share your creative options for roadworthy travels!

4. Nightman

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Well, I was certain a few of the more professional big stage band players would chime in, but if weekly traveling in a padded gig bag of around 50 miles per gig for over two years without an issue gives any indications of the MG800 roadworthy, then there you are. :thumbsup:

Loring and Joeykun like this.
  5. Holdsg

Holdsg I should be practicing Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    no rack for me either. I'm "new school", I suppose.

Loring and Joeykun like this.
  6. Nightman

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I wonder if Jeff even makes rack ears for the MG800?

7. I'd say no if there isn't screw holes in the sides of the MG350/MG800. I've not seen many class D amps that are rack mountable probably cuz they're so light anyways. Just get a hardshell case from Amazon or see if Jeff will whip one up real quick :)

Loring and Nightman like this.
  8. Nightman

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I suspect that’s why no response to joeykun’s request to see racked MG800 was offered. It may not exist.

9. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Rack shelf would be the way to do it, if you really wanted to.

staccatogrowl, Joeykun and Fred312b like this.
  10. Genzler.
    Rack. Me too! Mothballed the rack when I switched to Genzler MG800 Nice and light and easy load in. This is my old rack. And this is half my Genzler rig. My other BA12-3 is at the practice location.

Nightman and Loring like this.
  11. Jeff Genzler

Jeff Genzler Commercial User

Feb 9, 2007
    Brooklyn NY
    Currently GENZLER AMPLIFICATION / Formerly GENZ BENZ
    OK, time to come clean. We did develop a rack shelf early on for the MG-800 amp but I'm frankly in the camp of "why do you go through all of the pain and engineering to build a 6 lb amp and then stick it into a 20+ LB rack case. With MOQ's and and a few other factors I pulled back.
    The design is a shelf-type that has dimples where the rubber feet are on the amp ---- you screw in through those chassis holes when you remove the feet.
    It needed to be made of steel and was not light --- or cheap.
    It was never produced.
    OK, I've confessed and feel much better for it. :smug:

There are options from Penn/Elcom for generic adjustable-height rack shelves that have tension bars the squeeze an amp to a rack shelf. Those do work if needed.

12. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I personally don’t see why anyone would want or need to rack mount a Genzler head. What makes the 800 and 350 so amazing is the lightweight portability it offers that can be thrown in a gigbag or the Genzler marching head bag.

13. Nightman

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    So, Jeff we all (well, maybe not all) agree that the light weight and durable MG800 can set on the floor, or on the cabinet, or any place you like and it will just rock!! Just don't set on a heater!! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 4:24 PM
  14. Nightman

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    :roflmao: :roflmao: Well, that pretty much sums it up then!! We MG800 owners do need no stinking rack case!!!

SteveC likes this.
  15. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY / GENZLER
    The only reason why I was asking is I do alot of road gigs. Our band equipment is packed in a van and travels for hundreds of miles. A gig bag is not ideal in this situation and I was looking for a roadworthy alternative.

16. bwoodman

bwoodman Supporting Member

The 800 will fit in a standard Anvil briefcase - just glue in some foam - works well!

17. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I understand that some people tour and have an equipment van or trailer or whatever.

18. There has been a few really cool posts (way back in the count) for some bigger gigs. Somebody has to have a workable solution for you. If you haven't already done so, a quick email/pm to Jeff should yield some good options.

I've only done clubs and few large churches with my Genzler rig. 120 mile radius and only a few van gigs. Kept my Head safe and secure right beside my Sadowsky.

Nightman likes this.
  19. Nightman

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Same here. I handle my sensitive gear (bass heads and basses) alone! 50 miles or 500 miles it's safe in the padded gig bag(s), unless of course for some unforeseen accident where all bets are off.

I could really use the Genzler bag designed for the MG800. Probably works better at protecting the amp more than my make-do padded bag. That padded Anvil case looks nice, too!!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 6:54 PM
    iceboxbass and Saluki like this.
  20. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    How hard is it to put the bass head in the Genzler gigbag in the cars or van with you? I’ve traveled with a band 3-4 gigs a week for years and never a issue with my Benzlee gear. We used a travel trailer and for anything like that out in in the car with you.