1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genzler Amplification Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Discount Saint, Mar 9, 2016.

1. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I like. It sounds much more full. I can even feel it in my chest a bit. Low B not a problem. I think we have a winner.

Anyone want a great little BA10-2?
    E6D71164-BC01-40D6-90E4-31A0FAD51818.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  2. jibass

jibass Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2015
    What's not to love?!?

3. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Hard to beat this combination...Genzler Amplification, Devon Basses and Nordstrand Starlifter Preamp Di Pedal.

6D137E67-B4B8-487B-997C-AD0C2D769084. A408FC38-1485-48F5-A6D5-CA70ABE5A58E.

4. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Seriously, just giving first shot here for my old BA10-2 cab. Need to figure out a price yet.

pjbassist, rok51 and Ryan L. like this.
  5. DrSteve

DrSteve Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2008
    North Delaware
    Surprised your not keeping both. Imagine the options

mwbonsall and Holdsg like this.
  6. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Well, I don't know that one would ever use them together. Apples and oranges.
    If it doesn't sell I guess I'll keep it, but I'd need another cradle so I could just switch the head back and forth.

7. was
    Have you tried stacking them for fun? I would before sending your 10 to a new home. I know your a one cab one carry guy. However, you never know....

8. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    Question... Has anyone paired a 10-2 with a 12" cab? I'm currently running a Magellan 350 through a 112T and would really be interested in this pairing.

9. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I have the MG350 head.
    I have a BA10-2.
    I have a new MG12T-V.
    I'll see if I have a 2nd speakon cable and try them together.

SadowskySteve and DrSteve like this.
  10. DrSteve

DrSteve Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2008
    North Delaware
    Can't wait to hear your evaluation.

Back on June 6th, page 291, Jeff suggested turning off the tweeter on the 1MG12T-V when paired with the BA10-2. I knew this was discussed earlier, so I traced back and found a reference. I also remember another TBer evaluated this. Haven't found that one yet.

11. jibass

jibass Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2015
    You're probably referring to my earlier posts. I have both BA10-2 and MG12TV cabs (and MG350) and have used them together, with 12 tweeter off. The sound is bigger and fuller than either cab alone (of course) but i would NOT call this a serious evaluation since i haven't had them out of the house to try together. Personally i really like the 12TV sound so if i wanted bigger fuller sound i'd get a second 12TV. But that is purely personal preference...the BA10-2 is a great little cab with a more "modern" sound; if that was my preference i'd get a second BA10. Can't go wrong with either (or two of either), just depends on your sonic preferences.

DrSteve likes this.
  12. Here’s something I wrote a couple years ago on this topic. I now also have a 12T-V. I’ve been meaning to write a review of it but haven’t gotten to it as yet.

Yogi Bear likes this.
  13. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I would think (I haven't tried it yet) stacking a BA12 and BA10 is different than stacking a BA10 and am MG12. The BA and MG are different animals. Also, the very different look of each cab might bug my OCD.

I could maybe see using one OR the other, depending on the tone you want, more than stacking them.

14. NighthawkGS

NighthawkGS Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2019
    Bezerkeley, CA
    Has anyone used the drive channel on their MG800 as an HPF to tame a challenging room?

Just picked up a Fdeck Stage 2 HPF, but haven't really tried it yet...

15. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    Thank you for this! I really appreciate the details provided.

Visuals aside, the mismatch in appearance really wouldn't bother me, I've used different cabs from different manufacturers in the past and it's never been an issue for me - though, I can completely understand how it might upset others...

I would anticipate similar results with the MG, but imagine there may be a slightly rounder, ever so slightly darker, sound. I'm looking to add that punch that 10s provide with the addition of the warmth of a 12. I may need to do some firsthand investigations... :D

Fred312b likes this.
  16. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I didn’t get a chance to look for another Speakon today. I’ll try again tomorrow.

17. Modulus 96

Modulus 96

Jun 10, 2018
    Isn't the hpf "always on"? I didn't think it was associated with any given channel?

18. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Jeff explained it earlier in this thread:

NighthawkGS likes this.
  19. Modulus 96

Modulus 96

Jun 10, 2018
    Nice, thanks for the info.

20. SteveC