Genzler Amplification Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Discount Saint, Mar 9, 2016.

1. RColie

RColie Gold Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    I'll be heading out soon with my MG350/MG12T-V combo to a gig at the same venue I've played at for the last couple of months. The MG350/BA10-2 and extension cab will be here in time for the same venue later next week. In either case, it's great to have complete confidence in the sound and reliability of my rig!

FeltTipPen, Loring, smogg and 7 others like this.
  2. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん

Jun 22, 2007
    MA - RT. 2
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY GENZLER DARKGLASS TEMPLEBOARDS KIRLIN CABLE RIGHTON STRAPS
    I have been saying this for the last 12 years! :thumbsup:

3. RColie

Nov 21, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    Yes indeed, and I must have listened to you 12 years ago, since that's about the time I started using Genz Benz Shuttle amps and cabs, and over all those years I never had a single reliability issue or disappointing performance with my Genz Benz and Genzler gear!

4. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    When you say “Coming soon”, how soon is “soon”??? Impatient and anxiously waiting inquiring minds....

Loring and MAXSPINRUN like this.
  5. berman3313

berman3313 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic
    Slight issue of scratchy pot on 350. Is regular aerosol electrostatic spray ok?

6. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    I actually have same question. With me, it’s the far right, volume. And just a little scratchy.

7. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

I haven’t used it on my amp but I’ve used it in my bass with no problems. Gotta think it’d be ok on the amp.

8. Loring

Loring Supporting Member

May 4, 2017
    Ontario
    I had it a bit on my volume pot - 8 or 9 turns back and forth cleared it up with no solvents whatsoever.

I would try that first…

9. Jeff Genzler

Jeff Genzler Commercial User

Feb 9, 2007
    Brooklyn NY
    Currently GENZLER AMPLIFICATION / Formerly GENZ BENZ
    Yes, thanks @Loring, I was going to offer the same resolution. Before you consider a spray try full rotation back and forth several times which usually clears any of this up. We use upgraded potentiometers with conductive plastic and not carbon filaments (they still are metal shaft pots) so they are more precise in their control and do not have as much of these "scratchy pot" issues. Try the rotating back and forth to clean this up, and if it needs something else, let me know. That has worked for me whenever I've run into this.

10. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Finally got the 2nd 10-2 Array cabinet in today finishing my stack. I've owned a lot of bass amplification but the Genzler heads and arrays are by far my favorite I've played through.

11. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    Righty tighty AND lefty loosy ? :cool:

12. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Congrats on the 10-2 stack.

And yeah, there’s a lotta great products out there in all price ranges. And I’ve been through a LOT of them! The Genzler gear gas quashed my GAS for amps and cabs.

I do have GAS for the new 4 On The Floor pedal, though. Does that count??

13. bebass

bebass Sho Me Music Commercial User

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Authorized dealer for Bergantino, Dingwall, Genzler, Phil Jones Bass, Cort, Traynor
    Once you press the acellerator, then you will run out of gas.

The Diaper Geni likes this.
  14. Sodbuster

Sodbuster Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2015
    The Frozen Tundra
    I am really pleased with my decision to go with the NC11T/NC210T stack. Had some time alone today so I took the opportunity to bump the volume up. Holy smokes! They are not quite as loud as the Neo Genzler cabs, but still more than I will probably ever need. Nearly punched a hole in my chest from 10 feet away. Master was set at 10 o'clock or so. Super happy with the even, smooth tone.
    A Four on the Floor and I will be set.
    Waiting to hear from those who purchased the NC212T !

FeltTipPen, Loring, Basselink and 9 others like this.
  15. RColie

Nov 21, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    Thanks for your feedback! I like tone that is smooth and even. Just curious, when you say not quite as loud as the neo cabs, are you referring to the BA series or the MG series? We have so many great choices with Genzler...

MAXSPINRUN and Sodbuster like this.
  16. Sodbuster

Sodbuster Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2015
    The Frozen Tundra
    I have owned the BA10-2, BA210-3, BA15-3, MG112T, MG212T, and the MG12T-V. The NC112T is definitely louder than the BA10-2, not quite as loud as the rest, for example. At least that is my observation. Still plenty of output. The NU Classics still sound like Genzler, just slightly different than the others I have experience with. It's difficult for me to explain the subtle differences. I used the term more "organic" in a previous post. A more modern take on the traditional cabs pre Neodymium. They are appropriately name NU Classic.

FeltTipPen, FatCity, bebass and 4 others like this.
  17. RColie

Nov 21, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    I used my MG350/MG12T-V Sunday and Monday nights. I decided to get it up off the floor a bit (maybe 2 feet) to hear it better. I was concerned that I might lose some low end, but nope, the cabinet sounded full and clear like always.

18. bebass

bebass Sho Me Music Commercial User

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Authorized dealer for Bergantino, Dingwall, Genzler, Phil Jones Bass, Cort, Traynor
    Yeah, when I use just one cab I tend to take an amp stand. Getting them closer to the ear helps a lot.

MAXSPINRUN, Loring and RColie like this.
  19. Basselink

Basselink Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2020
    Southeastern MI
    I'm glad this was resolved quickly for you. From this question and in conjunction with the thread in Amps & Cabs talking about the dangers of using 1/4" plugs instead of Speakons, I want to pick up some new cables - but it seems like the majority of Speakon to Speakon cables I see on GC, Sweetwater, etc. have NL2 on the connectors but per this situation I need to make sure I use ones labeled NL4? Are NL2s commonly used on other amps but NL4s are preferred (apparently required) on Genzler amps? Thanks.

iriegnome likes this.
  20. Jeff Genzler

Jeff Genzler Commercial User

Feb 9, 2007
    Brooklyn NY
    Currently GENZLER AMPLIFICATION / Formerly GENZ BENZ
    Hello @Basselink --- Your pointing out something that often gets confusing. The issue you're referencing, there was a mismatch of connector types used between the GENZLER MG350 head and the PJ cabs, I believe.
    Here are 2 simple rules.
    >>>> If your amp uses an NL-2 jack you can ONLY use NL-2 connectors to plug into it with your speaker cable.
    >>>> If your amp uses an NL-4 jack AND it is wired +1/-1 THEN you can use either a similar wired NL4 cable OR an NL-2 cable.
    In Speakon world this is the odd incompatibility out there.

AND just to make it very clear, all GENZLER amps and CABS all use NL-4 connectors WIRED +1/-1 used. (The other 2 wiring lugs are not used).
    SO this means you can use either of the most common Speakon cables available ----- NL-4 wired +1/-1 OR NL-2 cable. Those can only be wired one way since they only have 2 internal lugs, not the 4 on an NL-4.

So for GENZLER gear, using a good quality set of NL-2 cables is the trick. That is the cable that we supply in our small combo "kit", the MG350-BA10-COMBO.

Thanks for the question --- it is always good to revisit this from time to time.

agedhorse, smogg, MAXSPINRUN and 8 others like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021