1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Guitar Center used site

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by rizzo9247, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Rockonjp76

Rockonjp76

Aug 8, 2016
    716, NY
    The loaded body would be nice, but meh I cancelled the order, so it should be back up for grabs.

2. EpicSoundtracks

EpicSoundtracks Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Oakland, CA
    Lollar Pickups, Dunlop Strings
    looks like someone beat me to it!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  3. RobTheRiot

RobTheRiot

Aug 31, 2016
    las Vegas, nv
    @derekeugene - I hope you weren’t planning on getting it still, but I saw your post about the Washburn Force 8 on Friday - never heard of them but did some research and sounds like a very well built bass, and cool looking - especially for that price. Had a gift card to spend and saw it was still there this morning so took a chance and ordered it! I love late 70’s early 80’s Japanese Basses, so hope this one is a winner (if not thankfully GC is easy w/ returns).
    Again, I hope I didn’t commit some fopaux, but I’m really excited to check this bass out!! Thanks for introducing me to a new model - I’ll post about it when I receive it!

derekeugene and R&B like this.
  4. R&B

R&B Both kinds of music: Rhythm AND Blues! Supporting Member

Washburns of that era are indeed cool and well made. That looked to be a steal!! Congrats.

SMG and RobTheRiot like this.
  5. derekeugene

derekeugene Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2008
    Kansas City
    Yeah, let us know how it is when you check it out. And no worries on snagging it, that's what this page is for! I was just saying it was hard to resist myself, and you just made that a lot easier!

6. trackerdan

trackerdan

Dec 17, 2010
    I have 2 GC's in my area, so that is not an issue. I bought a couple straps awhile back and they shipped them to the wrong store.

Also I was looking to buy the wine red and wheat Princeton Reverb reissue at GC and the "brand new" one they had on the floor was missing the foot pedal and manual. They knocked the price down + the extended payment plan and dropped shipped a new in the box one to my door.

Sometimes the help is a little green.

7. derekeugene

derekeugene Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2008
    Kansas City
  8. RobTheRiot

RobTheRiot

Aug 31, 2016
    las Vegas, nv
    Wow, that’s a great price for that GK700rb II... hard to pass at that price just to have a solid backup head!!
    (But, unfortunately I have to pass!)

9. RobTheRiot

RobTheRiot

Aug 31, 2016
    las Vegas, nv
    Just curious, how long does it usually take for GC to ship out Used Basses?
    I know I’m not patient when waiting for gear, but I paid for that 80’s Washburn bass on 12/24... they were closed 12/25, I know... but it’s almost end of business day on 28 and they still haven’t shipped.
    Now if them taking their time means it avoids some of the awful packing (or lack of packing) horror stories I’ve heard on here that’s fine, but 3 business days seems like more than enough time to get a bass sent.
    Unusual or am I just too anxious?

Thanks as always!!

10. Mammoth_Bass

Mammoth_Bass Check out my band Mammothor!! Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Sandown, NH
    I’ve had to wait upwards of 4 regular business days!!

TolerancEJ and RobTheRiot like this.
  11. RobTheRiot

RobTheRiot

Aug 31, 2016
    las Vegas, nv
    Wow... so nothing unusual with mine, sounds like I’m right in their normal operating time frame. (I’m usually quite patient, but when I know gear is on its way, time can’t go quickly enough! Ha!)

Thanks a lot for quick reply!!

12. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    Fred312b likes this.
  13. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
  14. porterbass

porterbass

Jul 11, 2013
    Chicago
    This one has been bought and returned/reappeared at least a couple of times. I'm not sure what is going on with it. Does seem like a good price and the stack knobs setup is cool.

Fred312b likes this.
  15. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Looks like it’s gone again, maybe this time it’ll stick...

16. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    TolerancEJ and KJMO like this.
  17. Note this is listed in “Fair Condition” GC’s definition of Fair is as follows: “This product is functional but shows signs of heavy use that could include, but not limited to; scratches, dings, dent, chips, and worn parts/controls.”

This is something you’re definitely going to want to check very closely before buying.

SMG likes this.