1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Guitar Center used site

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by rizzo9247, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
  2. derekeugene

derekeugene Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2008
    Kansas City
    Brio, porterbass and RobTheRiot like this.
  3. RobTheRiot

RobTheRiot

Aug 31, 2016
    las Vegas, nv
    Wow, that is pretty tempting!! If the electronics are functional, that can be a cool project and brought back to life without too much cost or effort I would think.
    Looks like it was modded, obviously, but it doesn’t look (at least from what I can see) like it was really abused - just some poor choices were made! Ha!
    I hope someone on here gets it, I’d really like to see what can be done with it!

4. J.D. Detroit

J.D. Detroit

Nov 12, 2015
    Detroit
    Somebody snagged the RD. What was the price out of curiosity?
    Anyone from here able to grab it?

pudgychef likes this.
  5. derekeugene

derekeugene Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2008
    Kansas City
    It was $550. I think it had been in a GC before for $850, I remember another defretted RD from a while ago. It would have been sweet, but a gamble for sure.

J.D. Detroit likes this.
  6. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    porterbass likes this.
  7. porterbass

porterbass

Jul 11, 2013
    Chicago
    I almost bought it yesterday out of curiosity. It has to have issues. Good price, stack knob, and nice looking...and no one is keeping it. I've purchased other guitars from GC that were listed in Excellent condition that had serious issues. I tell them when I return it, and the listing doesn't get adjusted. Just keeps getting bought and returned for a while. Crazy.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  8. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish Supporting Member

Tried calling them, no one picked up. Also tried calling another store a few times today, no one picked up. Wonder if something is up...

9. dave79

Probably the storm now that I think about it

TolerancEJ likes this.
  10. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Just picked up a USA Geddy Lee for $999 on GC's site. I felt that was a pretty good price!

RobTheRiot, R&B, ivlucas and 3 others like this.
  11. Awesome! Make sure to post your NBD whenever it arrives.

Lammchop93 likes this.
  12. RobTheRiot

RobTheRiot

Aug 31, 2016
    las Vegas, nv
    Just want to thank this thread and @derekeugene again for introducing me to the Washburn Force 8, and leading me to get what appears to be a steal of a deal from GC!!
    I was a bit nervous because it was listed in “good” condition, plus I’ve heard plenty of horror stories about GC’s awful packing of basses.
    It finally showed up yesterday, was packed well, and is in relatively great shape!! Obviously used, some minor scratches and a few doinks, but over all is clean!!
    The only surprise, which couldn’t be seen in dark photos, is it has a Kahler tremolo bridge!! I need to get a bar for it, but I’m actually excited about that, i’ve never had one. In meantime it feels amazing, just like my workhorse ‘84 Ibanez, and I can see this getting a lot of work!!
    I’ll link to NBD thread here once I have a little time w/ bass and write one.

Just wanted to say thanks again!! I love this site and community for cool things like this; never heard of these basses before, now 2 weeks later I have an amazing instrument for $200 shipped!
    Awesome!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    Duder, J.D. Detroit, Fred312b and 7 others like this.
  13. dave79

Bah hah ha, that bridge in used condition is worth what you paid for the bass by itself, that's awesome!

porterbass, mindwell and RobTheRiot like this.
  14. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Looks like Dimarzio pickup as well. Great score.

RobTheRiot likes this.
  15. Duder likes this.