Is it wrong to put fender decals on a warmoth neck??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flea claypool, Aug 5, 2009.

1. I love Jass Bazz! :hyper:

2. yeeeee! customize that head however you want. I'd say make your own decal though man, why stick the most common name in bass on your headstock when you can slap whatever you want on? Macgyver that bitch!

3. like THAT! thats a legit headstock man, you're fckin punk.

4. Yes it might, but I don't see Fenders shares plummeting if he goes ahead with it. On the Flip side I'm sure some **** could copyright a cancer cure (I am aware that there's something along the lines of an international agreement where this is not possible which is very reasonable, but just for the sake of an example) and I and hopefully alot of others would go out of their way to help people break that copyright to help themselves and others. Obviously this case is far removed from that kinda thing but I think people's attitudes toward intellectual property should be a little more in line with whats reasonable, not what's legitimate, as with pretty much anything else to be honest.

Personally if it's practically a Fender bass then I wouldn't go all out on the decal. Or at least have a Fender decal with some mention of Warmoth (maybe a tiny little logo at the tip or something). To be quite honest I don't care that much, it's your bass do what you want with it, short of perhaps causing rather alot of personal harm to someone with it which I'm lead to believe you Irish people are quite fond of... unless they really deserve it :p

5. i am going to get a decal made for the headstock of my precision copy which i frankensteined by defretting and replacing just about everything on it.

the decal is going to be Phender. stylized to look quite like the fender logo.

6. Mongo Slade

Mongo Slade Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2005
    Northern New Jersey
    Why stop at Fender? Warmoth neck? I'd put a Sadowsky sticker on it. :D

Peace

7. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    If I ever decide to get a real Fender, I'm totally gonna put an SX decal on it, that'll show 'em! :cool:

8. Be careful! People will torch you for copyright infringement! :bag:

Copyright is different from Trademark :)

9. That's gonna be phreakin phabulous!

10. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

May 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
    fstock2.gif

11. Here's an example of a custom decal that looks Fenderish. Yes, I know, it's one of them fad gee-tars, sorry.

Attached Files:

12. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Phuggin' A, Bubba.

13. BassScum

BassScum

May 1, 2008
    So Cal
    That's a good one. If it could only blend in a little better.

14. now I want a "Fecker" Bass :)

15. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

May 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
    yes it has actually , I put a few top coats on and it melted in a bit .

16. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I agree. If you want a decal, get some decal material and design your own - create it and install it.

17. Fecker brings one thing to mind: feckin' whisky.

Too many long nights to count...

18. PWV

PWV Gold Supporting Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Tacoma
  19. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

That's very cool!!! Great idea!

20. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Well then I'm an offender of this but for those who won't like it, I say TFB!

I have:
    1993 MIA Fender Jazz body ('62RI)
    with a All-Parts ("Licensed by Fender") neck on her (bound and blocked)
    I even have high-dollar Fender Custom Shop 60's pups in her.

Yup, I bought a Fender logo and put it on the headstock!!!

The way I see it is that the Body is Fender and the pups are expensive Fender (aftermarket) and All-Parts even pays Fender fees to Fender to have "Licensed by Fender" on the neck heal.

That's plenty of justification in my book. And besides, it's my bass, right? and I would NEVER try to pass it off as a factory made Fender to anyone.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 22, 2021