1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jule Amps Monique part 5

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chef, Nov 27, 2013.

1. maisbass

maisbass Supporting Member Supporting Member

May 5, 2010
    NYC
    ok so I got the message that Jule didn't want to reveal any more info until Namm LOL. But today is Namm!! Who from TB is there? Where are the pics of Simone??? I need a fix LOL!!!!!

2. nalapit13

nalapit13 official player and catcher of bass Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    Here they are, live and in the wild!!!

79142F72-0690-4010-907D-8AB1ADEA52F2.

juledude, Agosix, GBass001 and 9 others like this.
  3. allenhumble

allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    Did you get to play it? Thoughts?

juledude likes this.
  4. nalapit13

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    I played it and chatted with Jule for about an hour. He and his creations are pure magic.

5. allenhumble

allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    How does it compare to monique?

juledude likes this.
  6. nalapit13

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    While i could physically hear the Simone, namm isn’t the place for comparing it to a Monique. Too much background noise and chaos going on. Plus i was playing through a completely different rig than my ears are use to. So to compare it to a Monique wouldn’t be fair of me to do under the circumstances.

juledude likes this.
  7. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Did you play the bass with the roasted ash neck in the pic? Asking for a friend...;^}

juledude likes this.
  8. nalapit13

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    Yes sir!! It’s a Marco bass.

juledude likes this.
  9. Passinwind

Dec 3, 2003
    Cool, it's one of my favorite Marco show basses this year. I actually had it here at my house for a few weeks last summer, working on the onboard electronics. So I guess in a sense Jule and I got to collaborate at NAMM again this year after all, even though I didn't go. Yel_wink.

Really looking forward to seeing how Simone evolves.

juledude, BurningSkies and nalapit13 like this.
  10. nalapit13

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    The Simone is very useful, portable and just awesome. I myself was more interested in the power amp to power my Monique. But the Simone is quite awesome.

juledude likes this.
  11. Passinwind

Dec 3, 2003
    I'm sure!

juledude likes this.
  12. allenhumble

allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    How was the amp?

juledude likes this.
  13. nalapit13

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    It was great. Can’t wait til he starts making them!

juledude, allenhumble and Valveman like this.
  14. maisbass

May 5, 2010
    NYC
    Any more info on the pedal? Inputs outputs, knobs, etc?

juledude likes this.
  15. nalapit13

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ

Jule posted a pic a few pages back with all the knobs labeled i believe. Other than my pic with the input, output and DI, there are no secrets to report. It is as advertised and it is spectacular!!

juledude and allenhumble like this.
  16. maisbass

May 5, 2010
    NYC
    You can’t see the labels on all of the knobs of the pic that Jule posted.

17. nalapit13

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    I don’t remember what they all were, other than the 3 band EQ that had the white knobs. One knob was drive. One was sense(sensitivity). That’s all i remember.

juledude and maisbass like this.
  18. maisbass

May 5, 2010
    NYC
    I finally looked at the pic on my computer. Much better LOL. Impossible for me to see on my phone haha. So we have line, direct, sense, drive, low, mid, high. :)

Hey @juledude anyway you can fit in a 2nd line out on Simone for us IEM bassists that still use rigs on stage as well? Otherwise would need to use a Buffered line split after the fact to do so such as the JHS. Thanks.

juledude likes this.
  19. juledude

juledude Creator of the Monique Preamplifer and Bass Amps. Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 10, 2006
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Owner and creator Jule Amps. Creator of the Monique Bass Preamplifier
    I apologize in advance for the lack of brevity.

Same controls as Monique plus the new "drive" control. Same 3 band EQ as Monique (with an extra bit of fun - see below), same Line Output Level Control, Same Balanced DI level out as Monique (using the exact same Cinemag Transformer as Monique). Also added a Mute Switch since it seems to be a requirement in this pedalish world.

The one Sensitivity Control of Monique is, in Simone, broken out into two things, a footswitch and a potentiometer. This is in contrast to the one push/pull Sensitivity knob we all know on Monique. For now it is called "Sense."

The footswitch duplicates the push pull action of the Sensitivity Control of Monique. The control now called Sense on Simone duplicates the sweep of the Sensitivity knob on Monique.

The Drive control gives us a way to take Simone into more aggressive tones and characteristics than Monique is intended to deliver. Still musical, but overdrive. I do understand a segment of the Monique crowd will find this added feature out of the realm of Monique-ness. I was in that crowd prior to the NAMM show in Anaheim last week. The acceptance, the smiles associated with the capabilities of this new Drive control were inspiring. Folks had more fun with it than I had imagined.

Another Simone feature (hinted to above) is the ability to use the EQ knobs as individual Drive elements. by that I mean that if I want to just put a bit of crunch in the highs I can now do that. Same goes for the mids and the lows. This is new for Simone.

I am full of gratitude for gifts I received from many people at NAMM this week. First Skip Fantry (String-Man extraordinaire) for sharing his booth with me. Ryan and David of TrickFish for the loan of their awe inspiring 2x10 cab. Paul Sips for a whole lot of things. Darryl Anders for smiling when I turned up the mids. Steve Lawson for being Steve Lawson. Tom Bowlus for coming by and bringing his whole crew. And for all the good people who came by and played or just chatted. And oh!, Thank you to Ron Tarsan for all the good ideas that will become Simone. ;-)

Most of all I am grateful to The Fabulous M for making it all seem sensible.

20. juledude

juledude Creator of the Monique Preamplifer and Bass Amps. Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 10, 2006
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Owner and creator Jule Amps. Creator of the Monique Bass Preamplifier
    Yup. Your buffered line splitter would be best.

maisbass likes this.