Line 6 HX Stomp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by been_effected, Oct 4, 2018.

1. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Nice!!! Thanks for all the legwork you’re doing!!

old_skool likes this.
  2. Floral Toess

Floral Toess

Nov 9, 2015
    Brisbane
  3. Thank you for adding those and for the work you have done. The info you have posted has made a big diffrence in my settings.

MascisMan likes this.
  4. Floral Toess

Floral Toess

Nov 9, 2015
    Brisbane
    My pleasure, glad you guys are diggin the site!

The Diaper Geni likes this.
  5. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Floral Toess likes this.
  6. Puni

Puni

Jun 12, 2007
    Madrid
  7. ok I have a routing question.

I use my stomp with path A as clean path (with a sans) and path B with all my effects, coming together at the end.

is there any way I can still do this, but split the outputs, one with an added cab sim on it, one without?

i want to add a cab sim to an out so i can send it to our desk for IEMs and one without a sim to send to my amp.

i know the possibilities for the stomp are nearly endless, but am i asking a little too much from it ?

8. Poke

Poke Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Cypress, TX
    I haven't actually done this myself, so I might be wrong. But, I think the end of your signal path would need to be the mixer for A&B, Send block for your amp, then cab sim, then output.

9. Naigewron

Naigewron

Jan 5, 2018
    Norway
    Nope. One split only, so this won't work sadly.

If there was a way to use the dual cab block and leave one side empty/blank, that would be a great solution. Someone should suggest that on Ideascale.

10. Karl Kaminski

Karl Kaminski Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    use a send block: main out get amp+cab, send out gets DI

(I believe you could make use of the FXLoop send)

hbabels, JKos and Poke like this.
  11. JKos

JKos Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    Exactly.

12. hbabels

hbabels Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yeah a send block before the IR block would work for you this.

13. BOOM!! that is perfect thank you! that has made my day... and saved my wallet from buying a pre with cab sim , which would defeat the point of scaling down my board with the stomp.

hbabels likes this.
  14. Naigewron

Naigewron

Jan 5, 2018
    Norway
    Wait, I didn't follow this... How are you setting this up? Do you still get a signal if you just place a block after a send? I always figured a send block routed your entire signal to the send output, like a standard FX send on an amp.

Aplogies for apparently giving the wrong info above. Two years of deep editing presets and this thing still has surprises for me.

15. Poke

Poke Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Cypress, TX
    The Dry Thru parameter adjusts the level that passes through the Send block.

Naigewron likes this.
  16. Naigewron

Naigewron

Jan 5, 2018
    Norway
    That's awesome! I've only used the Send/Return combo block, so this was news to me. I'm sure I can find some use for this information :)

MascisMan and Poke like this.
  17. Karl Kaminski

Karl Kaminski Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    @Naigewron as Poke says. so if I understand the OP he'd put a [Send] block after FX, and before AMP+Cab

In — [FX] — [Send] —[AMP] — [CAB] — MainOut gets cab amp
    — — — — SendOut gets FX only

the routing possibilities are amazing!

18. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    It took me a while to reorient my approach with the HX FX. Instead of asking what can it do, I started to ask, what do I want to achieve? So far, no matter what I have dreamed up, The HX has revealed a way to deliver.

EdO., Naigewron and Poke like this.
  19. Naigewron

Naigewron

Jan 5, 2018
    Norway
    Yeah, every time I tell myself I'd really like to ditch the HX Stomp from my live board and go with individual pedals, I take a closer look at what the Stomp actually allows me to do with just 2-3 main presets. It's still right there on my board.

MascisMan likes this.
  20. yea, even after a lockdowns worth of playing and tinkering on it, I still feel like I have only just scratched the surface of its possibilities, absolute game changer

EdO. likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021