1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Modulus Mob

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rockstarbassist, Feb 28, 2007.

1. GeoffGould

GeoffGould Commercial User

Jan 10, 2004
    San Francisco
    owner of G. Gould Basses
    The harder you hit, the higher the action has to be, period. Different strokes.

2. genseric

genseric

Oct 27, 2019
    Chaumont, France
    I will be in the Modulus club in a few days! So happy to have soon my first Modulus! :)

elgecko, Stantor, CEJ and 4 others like this.
  3. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
  4. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Man she is a beauty.

Fred312b likes this.
  5. CEJ

CEJ Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2017
    NJ
  6. CEJ

CEJ Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2017
    NJ
  7. Fred312b

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    It’s on Reverb- not mine

CEJ likes this.
  8. Al Axe

Al Axe

Nov 18, 2019
    Nice find

Attached Files:

• 0010.jpg
      0010.jpg
      File size:
      195.3 KB
      Views:
    Fred312b and iriegnome like this.
  9. Fred312b

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Where’s the rest of it? :D

iriegnome likes this.
  10. Sgt007

Sgt007

Oct 4, 2007
    Spicewood, TX
    Niiiiiiiiice!

You are going to love it - I'm particularly fond of that color hahaha!

iriegnome likes this.
  11. genseric

genseric

Oct 27, 2019
    Chaumont, France
    I see you have it with 2 pick ups!

Fred312b likes this.
  12. DeathDancer

DeathDancer

Oct 10, 2005
    Hey all, looking for someone who can help manage the Mob numbers. Life has been a rollercoaster last couple years and since the app closed down I haven't had a lot of time to browse TB. Message me if interested. I'll try and go back through the posts for anyone that wanted a number.

Fred312b likes this.
  13. DeathDancer

DeathDancer

Oct 10, 2005
    Dm me, sorry for the delay.

Fred312b likes this.
  14. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Question for the group... Anyone remember Anderson Page? I used to talk to him quite a bit starting in about 1999 when I bought my first Modulus direct from the company. Always had some good Modulus conversations with him. Would be cool to find him on FB or even here.

15. GeoffGould

GeoffGould Commercial User

Jan 10, 2004
    San Francisco
    owner of G. Gould Basses
    He used to work for me after I left Modulus. He lives in Marin, works in the City, last time I heard. When he worked for me he was known as Page. But when he moved over to Modulus, someone else was using the same name!

16. So a while back I bought an ABM bridge to replace my Schaller roller bridge on the TBX. Yesterday I went to swap them finally and the screw holes just barely do not line up. Is this common? I’m not gonna make new holes.

That being said, I finally swapped pickups (EMG P in the neck and a EMG-X J in the bridge, put on some res-o-lite tuners and some DR Lo-Riders (nickel)

Fred312b likes this.
  17. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    I'm pretty sure Anderson was the guy at Modulus who helped me out when I needed a neck rebuilt circa 2008. (I don't know if he was literally the guy who did the work, but he was the only person there I corresponded with about the work.)

Fred312b and iriegnome like this.
  18. pnutz

pnutz Supporting Member

IMG_1101.jpeg
    here's a close-up pic of one of my schaller bridges. when i install these bridges, i use the hole where the 'A' string feeds thru as my center. if you may notice, the three holes that are used to mount the screws to the body are about 4mm off-center and to the left. i learned that the hard way when i installed my first schaller bridge years ago using existing holes in the bass body and, afterwards when strung up, noticed the strings were not lining up properly. live and learn.

so, bottom line, if you did want to swap out bridges from schaller to abm, yeah, you'd need to drill new holes about 4mm to the right so that the abm will sit center on the bass.

bassmike2010, Bob_Ross and Fred312b like this.
  19. I think it’s the bridge you sold me. Really nice bridge. No biggie though, I will put it in the file and use it for another project some day

Fred312b likes this.