1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Zon Club Part 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jan 10, 2014.

Tags:
  1. RodRy

RodRy

Jul 1, 2018
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Hmm, maybe that's a bit too frequent? I don't know any of the specifics of your history with them, and in my industry I've seen cases where frequent contact leads to a feeling from the provider that, "nothing's ever good enough for this person." Not saying that's what's happening, but it seems like weekly calls and emails are probably pushing a bit hard.

I certainly hope you are granted your instrument in the very near future, and it's everything you dreamed of!

2. gwangi

gwangi Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Forbidden Valley
    In all honesty maybe MRGITTLEMAN should have his deposit given back too him!!!!

3. mrgittleman

mrgittleman

Dec 23, 2003
    NYC
    As I stated in prior threads Joe has told me all deposits are nonrefundable. I have tried two strategies one of not contacting and just waiting and the other of being a pest. Neither works.

RodRy likes this.
  4. RodRy

RodRy

Jul 1, 2018
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Well, you've covered all the basses. ;)
    Maybe camp out in Joe's lawn? Or maybe not.

5. HeavyJazz

HeavyJazz "My arms are too short to box w/ God." J.R. Cash Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    There should be some sort of agreement clause for all long build times, of any brand, that if X number of days go by and the product isn't actively being packaged for shipment then the depositor is refunded in full. Unless they agree to a revised cutoff date.

Seems reasonable to me.

6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

Got my fingers crossed for you, best of luck. As you noted, mrgittleman has been waiting 4 years. Angus said he's been waiting significantly more than that.

And there's Rumblefisher, still waiting after placing an order in February 2017 (don't recall if it's been mentioned here or not):
    Zon basses - is everything OK ?

No need to list everyone waiting or who has waited 2+ years. My only point is transparency: long waits can happen. I'm not here to bash Zon. Again, my custom headless Sonus is an amazing bass. Turnaround time was 9 months, just one month late, which is reasonable for a highly customized build. Communication wasn't nearly as good as I experienced when ordering customized Sadowsky, Nordstrand, and Martin Keith basses, but on two occasions I was e-mailed progress pics.

LowEndGroover and mrgittleman like this.
  7. drumsnbass

drumsnbass Bassic User

Dec 13, 2004
    Phoenix AZ area
    So just some minor feedback on my Zon Custom Fretless eight four string.

I honestly think this is the very best Fretless I have ever tried. And while I wanted a 5 string in the end I’m very happy with the four. I seriously believe this is the last fretless I’ll ever buy.

Lots of work ahead of me!

Impermanence, Fuzzbass and kesslari like this.
  8. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    @drumsnbass welcome to the dark composite side...
    My Zon fretless (custom) replaced another Zon fretless, and has been my go-to bass since it was delivered in 2011.
    No GAS for another fretless (or, really, for another bass).

Impermanence and drumsnbass like this.
  9. drumsnbass

drumsnbass Bassic User

Dec 13, 2004
    Phoenix AZ area
    I can actually understand that. If I can get my skills up it could be my go-to as well. The neck is like the perfect shape, and very easy to play!

10. drumsnbass

drumsnbass Bassic User

Dec 13, 2004
    Phoenix AZ area
    I just put some T-I JF344 String’s on my Zon. It came with unknown origin but comfortable roundwounds.

holy isht!

these really are incredible! With the rounds I could never fully intonate the bass against a strobe tuner. Always off a tad. Now — dead on!

not only will these improve my playing, but they feel incredible!

RodRy, kesslari and Fuzzbass like this.
  11. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    I felt the same way when I finally decided to put a set of TI JFs on my fretless Martin Keith Elfin 5. That bass really sings like a great fretless should.

kesslari likes this.
  12. kesslari

Dec 21, 2007
    Can you post a sound clip? Color me curious...

13. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

I'm mostly a rounds guy, but the rule is to keep flats on at least one P-bass. (Or any bass. And it's not really a rule).

Anyway... TI flats became my favorite, and even though I keep trying other brands (that have ranged from meh to good), TI flats remain my favorite.

I won't put flats on my Zon because it's one of my rock basses, but I'm sure TIs would sound great on it.

RodRy likes this.
  14. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Soitenly!

These are all stream of unconsciousness recordings, ideas for possible future hit songs of mine. :laugh: They are mostly pretty atmospheric in nature (some deadly, poison atmosphere, some say :D). Bass Noodles 1373 and 1433 Copyright © Jeffrey P. Scott 2016 All rights reserved.

Bass Noodle 1543 Copyright © Jeffrey P. Scott 2018 All rights reserved.

Attached Files:

drumsnbass and kesslari like this.
  15. kesslari

Dec 21, 2007
    @Jeff Scott nice noodles! Tasty! Thanks for sharing - sounds great.

Jeff Scott likes this.
  16. RodRy

RodRy

Jul 1, 2018
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Just imagine how it will sound with all 8 strings!
    :thumbsup:

drumsnbass likes this.
  17. Hello, I'm new to TB and also recently became Zon owner. Still giving out numbers?

Mine: 2017 Sonus with Redwood Top and Barts
    As most of you seem to know, the tone of a Zon is amazing. This has replaced my GGi4 w/ EMG HBs as favorite to play.

Happy 2020 everyone!

Attached Files:

HeavyJazz, RodRy, Fuzzbass and 2 others like this.
  18. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I'm not the "numbers guy," but welcome to the club! :hyper: :thumbsup: :cool:

Johnny Pbingo likes this.
  19. greykatz

greykatz Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2018
    Pics please!! :)

20. greykatz

greykatz Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2018
    Oops, saw one, sorry...you COULD post a few more!! Thx!

RodRy likes this.