1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

P bass pickup swap

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Mediocrity Man, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Mediocrity Man

Mediocrity Man Master of Mediocrity

Apr 11, 2014
    Stillwater, New Jersey
    So I'm going to swap out the Dimarzio pups in my CIJ P bass for Bill Lawrence standard wound. Is there anything else I need or anything I should consider before dropping it off with my Tech?

2. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone. Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Should be a very simple procedure for anyone that knows how to use a screwdriver and a soldering iron.

3. Mediocrity Man

Mediocrity Man Master of Mediocrity

Apr 11, 2014
    Stillwater, New Jersey
    Oh, I'm not talking about my tech. He's a pro all the way. I was thinking of pots and caps.

I guess he'll let me know.

4. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Unless you feel the need to try something different, your existing wiring harness should work just fine. Your tech may want to suggest changes. But there's nothing that absolutely needs to be done.

Mediocrity Man likes this.
  5. ctmullins

ctmullins fueled by beer and coconut Gold Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2008
    MS Gulf Coast
    I'm highly opinionated and extremely self-assured
    BL USA (fake), or Wilde (real)? I just wired up my pair of Wilde P46s, and they have six wires total, three per shell. Wiring diagram is here: http://www.wildepickups.com/uploads/pbasswiring.jpg. They sound awesome!

If you’re using BL USA, then I can’t help you.