Pick My First Sadowsky! - Poll

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BigMikeW, Jun 1, 2005.

1. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    OK I think I am going to get a Vintage 5 Metro.

Having a tough time picking a color. This will be just the first of several over the next 12 months (probably 3 - 4 in that time). What would be a good first one?

Here is a list to choose from:

Option #1: Black/Maple - I would get a black or silver pearloid pickguard to replace the stanard black.

Option #2 - Tobacco Burst/Maple - I would probably get a white pearloid pickguard or maybe tort.

Option #3 - Sonic Blue/Maple

Option #4 and #5 - Trans Red or Trans Blue - Comes with White Pearloid pickguard from Sadowsky

Looking for some honest input on these three.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

My Sadowsky is bassic (sic) black, 'nuff said. Yeah, it shows every fingerprint and slight abrasion, but that doesn't matter to me.

My second choice would be trans red or blue.

If you're looking for something different, then go with the sonic blue. I love that color, but it's the most uncommon of the bunch IME.
  3. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I went with Oly White/Tort and I think it looks great, my second choice (and the only one on your list) would be tobacco burst with a mint pickguard.
  4. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Transparent blue would be my choice, followed by '59 Burst.

5. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I'm a fan of trans or burst finishes. When you've got such a nice piece of wood, it seems like such a shame to cover it up. Let people know you've got a quality piece of wood there! :cool:
  6. Sonic Blue because it's just cool (and good for that 50's/60's look). But that trans red is gorgeous! The trans colors look great on a nice piece of ash!
  7. Synthia

Jun 8, 2003
    I'll go with the tabaco sunburst with tortoise pick guard! i really looks nice! after that would be black/ maple! It looks cool you dont have to change the pickguard. :bassist:

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

So Swamp Ash / Maple it is well thats my favorite wood combo ! :hyper: . I would go with either the 59 burst with a pearliod gard or the trans red with pearliod gard. Either way your going to end up with a top notch hard rockin bass. All the best with your pick ! :hyper: :bassist:
  9. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    I like the look of red Sadowskys.

10. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I think the trans red or blue look the best too me. I also like the look of black w/ a black PG too.
  11. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Here's mine and I think it's purdy.......
  12. MCT

Apr 11, 2005
    Sonic blue. Looks so cool.
  13. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Trans red or trans blue.
    My first Metro (RV5) was/is Oly Wht with tort p/g and my second is (RV4) basic black with black p/g. My NYC's were "pretty" ones with nice tops.
    I would love to see that trans blue in a MV5 though.........

Mike, who do you play with/for or used to play with/for????
  14. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Not a fan of the Blue Mica. Plus, I am definitely going with the Ash/Maple. Just more bite and growl than Alder/Rosewood.
  15. You forgot Black with pearloid white.
  16. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    1. #1 - black
    2. #4 - trans red

17. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    I have worked with a bunch of Regional acts (bands or artists that had some financial support but never quite made it). That and I have done "ghosting" sessions for a bunch of Regional bands and artists. Ghosting is being paid to do a session and not getting credits. That is what Huey McDonald did but on a bigger scale and with bigger artists (Bon Jovi).

Before that I was the guitar tech for Vivian Campbell, Riverdogs, Dave Mustaine (for a short period), Vixen and some others.

Man, am I showing my age? LOL

Currently I am working with a female country artist who has a development deal and we will probably be in the studio late this year to pump out some demo stuff. hopefully, she will get signed to a full deal next year.

Thanks for asking.

What does everyone else do/play with. I would love to hear about it.

All the best,
  18. toad

Jun 26, 2002
    That black on black is hot. That's my vote.
  19. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Hey Mike,

I would choose either the trans red or blue. My thinking is that not only are the both very pretty in a traditional and understated way, but if you're going to spend the money to get a nice bass, I wanna SEE wood...not just a poly shell. I like being able to tell its nice wood, not just a chunk o' sumthin' coated in plastic.

Since you asked...I play reggae, and if you check my profile, you can see all my stuff.