1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please post your most trivial first world problem here

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by gln1955, Jul 16, 2019.

1. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    A few recent threads have me thinking there is no "problem" too trivial to pass up ranting on.

Let's just get them off our chests right now.

Sympathetic ears await...

2. Our office's glass windows face South and on hot days the AC can't keep up and it gets to 76° in here! I wear cargo shorts and a t-shirt! (Cargo shorts are accepted in the office!)

3. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    9 out of 10 people that use our office kitchen stop the microwave with time remaining

4. Goatrope

Goatrope Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Sarasota Florida
    I’m struggling to find a way to change or synchronize my LG appliances to play their cycle complete songs in harmony.:help:

5. nbsipics

nbsipics Very Unorthodox Behavior Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    They caught that alligator in a Chicago lagoon last night. I liked that alligator...

Mr_Moo, Artman, Mosfed and 27 others like this.
  6. ELG60

ELG60 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Mid-Florida
    The flats on a Jazz bass I recently acquired are stiffer and heavier than the TI's and EB Cobalts which I normally use, but they were new, the seller said, and it rubs me the wrong way to replace them.

They cause undue hand fatigue though, so it limits my practice time with that bass.

7. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    Remembering passwords.......

8. bassdude51

bassdude51 "You never even called me by my name." Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio
    My 18 year old Toyota truck is starting to give me problems! I'd buy a new one but I want a manual transmission and they are all automatics now and I don't like the TV screen that all new vehicles have.

[​IMG]

Mr_Moo, Keger Jupit, JCooper and 30 others like this.
  9. AC has the electric bill extra high and I was extra mad because GAS

10. Winslow

Winslow

Sep 25, 2011
    I have an overabundance of possible TB avatar material to work with. Having to choose just one can be mildly frustrating for nearly 10 seconds.

design, PWRL, littlebooner and 9 others like this.
  11. Ooh, I hate that!

matante, rollie 55, Herrick and 4 others like this.
  12. The new reclining club chairs at the local movie theater are just too comfortable for me.

13. red_rhino

red_rhino Gold Supporting Member

Sometimes I struggle for upwards of 15 seconds trying to decide which bass I'm going to noodle on today. It's very debilitating. (Minor side-rant: Big Pharma has not developed a medication for this affliction.)

14. interp

interp Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Garmisch, Germany
    There is a tiny finish ding in the back of my boutique bass’s neck. Sometimes I can feel it with my thumb.

15. micguy

micguy

May 17, 2011
    I also have enough nice basses that I sometimes have difficulty picking which one to use on a gig. Maybe we need a support group. Oh, wait, we're here.

16. Bruiser Stone

Bruiser Stone Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2017
    Tennessee
    The pool at my hotel this week is STILL CLOSED even after my last visit, so I brought my trunks for no reason.
    I feel so empty.

17. dr doofie

dr doofie

Jul 6, 2017
    A flat ocean on my bodyboarding days off.

JCooper, Dabndug, nbsipics and 2 others like this.
  18. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
    I purchased a new cell phone cover last week because I liked the paisley design. (Why I had to purchase a phone is a whole nother 1WP)

When the cover arrived I noticed the sides were white instead of a continuation of the paisley design.

You ask "why is this a problem?"

My wife's phone cover is white too so she started mistaking my phone for her phone and texting from my phone.

This lead to my next problem: I wanted to keep my paisley cover so how was I going to cover the white sides?

Fortunately I found a black Sharpie oil-based ink marker where the ink would stick to plastic.

FYI: I also picked up a white one as well. This one has more of a pen based tip.

These are awesome because the ink sticks to metal, smooth plastic, glass, vinyl, rubber and leather.

So now I can permanently label all kinds of stuff that I couldn't before.

FTR: Here's a pic of the offending cover. I hope u like it too:

19. dr doofie

dr doofie

Jul 6, 2017
    Forgetting them I guess is more my peeve

20. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
    You don't need big pharma, you need some CBD!:cool: