1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sansamp Bass Driver DI troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by deepestend, Oct 26, 2017.

1. deepestend

deepestend Commercial User

Feb 21, 2003
    Brooklyn via Austin and NOLA
    Guitar/Bass Builder and Social Media at Sadowsky
    I'm trying to fix a sansamp DI for someone at work. During a show, it just stopped working for him. We can get it to pass a signal with the battery in, but not with the power cord and the LED isn't going on at all. I opened it up and used a multimeter to confirm that it's getting 9V from the adapter... also from the battery.

Other than that, I'm not sure what to check. I'm working on getting the board out of the box, but that is tough due to the construction. I have reflowed all of the solder in the meantime and can confirm that it's not a cold or cracked joint.

Any other ideas?

2. mattattack187

mattattack187 Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Ellsworth, ME
  3. tech21nyc

tech21nyc Commercial User

Aug 17, 2010
    Manufacturer: Tech 21
    It sounds like the unit may have been damaged by using an incorrect power supply and a component may have been damaged. It's best to contact us for a return authorization so the unit cab be repaired. It's not an easy repair for the average person.

ddnidd1 likes this.
  4. Ivan StP

Ivan StP

Jun 9, 2020
    Did you find the solution? I have the same problem. Yesterday it's just gone to bypass with no LED and no switching reaction.

5. deepestend

deepestend Commercial User

Feb 21, 2003
    Brooklyn via Austin and NOLA
    Guitar/Bass Builder and Social Media at Sadowsky
    I couldn't figure out the issue. I reflowed everything and did what I could, but it was an issue beyond my abilities.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 18, 2021