1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

source audio c4

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by drewphishes, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Quatschmacher

Quatschmacher

May 16, 2007
    And remember this: you can hook TRS patch cables between output 2 of the first SA pedal and input 2 of the next SA pedal in your chain and the editor signal gets passed to to next pedals too. The signal is sent on the ring so you can still use the patch cables to pass normal audio between pedals. A friend of mine sold his one series pedals as he’d totally not realised you could do that and thought editing was a pain! I didn’t realise he didn’t know, but it came up in a recent conversation and I could hear him slapping his forehead as I pointed this out to him.

equill likes this.
  2. Quatschmacher

Quatschmacher

May 16, 2007
    Use monophonic pitch 1 without changing the octave setting. Set the “filtering” knob in the voice to near noon. I’d never even thought about not pitching it down before!

jasonmitsch, Andy V. and Jason Hollar like this.
  3. jkazam

jkazam Supporting Member

May 25, 2007
    I'm surprised SA hasn't released a multifunction pedal. Their effects are all top notch, in no small part because of the community. Having them all + EQ and Comp +/- an expression pedal in a single box would be sick.

Standalone and Gsnorgathon like this.
  4. Gsnorgathon

Gsnorgathon

Jan 15, 2020
    :thumbsup:

5. ilansgroove

ilansgroove

Jan 24, 2012
    paris, france
    im actually using the Keith mcmillen soft step 2

best midi foot control I’ve ever seen

GMC likes this.
  6. equill

equill

Nov 25, 2010
    Madrid
    The subject's come up here at least once.
    It's a wonderful prospect, but (short version) it doesn't look economically viable. However, between the pass-through functionality and the Neuro Hub, you can get something pretty close, with the added mix-and-match joy of combining exactly the things you want (to pay for).

Andy V., jkazam and fivestringgecko like this.
  7. It's a "BYOM" ecosystem. (Build your own multi-fx). :D

5sg.

8. I just tried this and it sounds really good but not quite the same as the -1 octave. For any of my analog Octave tones I also add a +7 with a mild distortion and then turn it down to the point I barely hear it, and it just beefs up the overall sound so much.

Jason Hollar likes this.
  9. ghorvers

ghorvers

Dec 22, 2005
    Interesting. Looking forward to more on this topic. The end result might just be a nice new preset for the community.

10. Jason Hollar

Jason Hollar Jazz & Cocktails Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Central Pa
    Yes - I’ve found there’s a few “5 sting” presets sprinkled in that allow the synthy / filtery goodness without the octave down glitchiness. Yes dear sorcerers - please give us more 5 string patches!

11. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    It should be easy to modify the "Octave" in the Voice section for any patches so that it just stays in the original pitch. Be the sorcerer you want to see in the world!

jasonmitsch and Jason Hollar like this.
  12. TheDialog

TheDialog Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Baltimore
    Can everyone share their top 6?

JackMinion and Jason Hollar like this.
  13. The beta firmware for the hub worked. My gear works as desired and doesn't cut out. I can even leave it on, go to lunch, come back and have it work. That wasn't the case before.

Andy V. likes this.
  14. ghorvers

ghorvers

Dec 22, 2005
    Everyone will have different favourites depending on their needs. You can sort the community patches on popularity to get a general idea. And the featured artist pages contain some exceptional ones.

15. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    This is really interesting to me. I used to have this problem (Hub freezing) and the short and maybe unfair simplification is that SA kind of threw up their hands and blamed other pedals in my MIDI chain. When I rearranged my MIDI chain that did mostly seem to fix the problem, which indicated that the Hub was not able to properly handle something coming from elsewhere in the chain. But it doesn't answer the question of whether something else was sending some messages that didn't conform to the MIDI standard or if the Hub had some bugs that needed to be worked out even if all the MIDI it was receiving was fine.

More to the point, though, you contacted SA and they let you use this beta firmware? It's not available otherwise?

jasonmitsch likes this.
  16. Quatschmacher

Quatschmacher

May 16, 2007
    The Hub does struggle with bigger streams of messages. Between it and the FI I’m in a bind. The FI seems to handle and pass larger data streams but does not pass CC6 on any channel so if I have it first, I lose some functionality downstream (unless I choose to not use CC6 for anything). If I put the Hub first then messages pass on all CCs but I run the risk of locking it up if I try to send it too many data.

jasonmitsch likes this.
  17. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    It has taken Jesse many years to fully grasp some of the hidden nuances of multi-pedal MIDI systems. It is the sort of thing that one does not get from reading the specs and/or building up a few units. With thousands of Hubs in the field, we now know much more than we did. Having a micro with a large buffer that is dedicated to monitoring, analyzing, and parsing the MIDI data would be ideal. The Hub hardware was not created this way. Jesse assumed that there would be consistency in the way that each manufacturer constructed the data stream. As it turns out, there is all kinds of inconsistencies.....some that stay inside the MIDI spec and some that do not.

Recently he invested some time to improve performance using only firmware updates. It seems this has helped significantly in cases where its needed. Rather than doing an official release (and potentially breaking things that are working) he has sent it to the few people who contact us and need help. You are welcome to get access to this. We will put it out widely when we are more confident.

That should explain things.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  18. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    Well whatever happened I'm glad you got it figured out. I may be contacting the company to give the firmware a spin.

19. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    Dave and Niko both have access to it.

20. lizardking837

lizardking837

Jan 28, 2009
    I've had my C4 for a weeks and im really enjoying it. But I do have a few questions.

1) I'm currently running my pedal in my effects loop and directly in front of my delay. Is there anything I can do globally to make sure that I'm not giving the pedal too hot of an input signal and keeping the output volume in check across a few different presets?

2) I recently watched Zach Risers hour long tutorial for programming the C4. Are there any other resources similar to his or explaining working with the pedal for a beginner?

Thank you in advance. Any advice is appreciated.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 18, 2021