1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Source Audio Sorcerers Society (S.A.S.S) Part 3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, Feb 19, 2014.

1. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Custom color DA is the way to go...I did sparkle orange...and if I do a Micro-ghost definitely the hot pink.

IMG_5802.

gregmon79, shaggy45 and Robertron like this.
  2. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    I was going to but Idk how it sounds in a standard signal path. My signal is frequency split and then sent into both inputs so all of my presets reflect that.
    I could post a screenshot with the parameters and a sound clip though.

gregmon79 likes this.
  3. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    I was the same way. I held off on getting a tremolo because it's something I'd only be able to use for textural sound design. Now I get to experiment with all of these wave shapes and trigger the tremolo via envelope.

AlvarHanso and BurningSkies like this.
  4. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    SA pedal idea: Island of Misfit Toys: a toolbox of modulation related effects blocks that you can creatively edit in a host of ways, build and layer patches, etc. ;)

DeltaPhoenix and gregmon79 like this.
  5. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    Like pulling all of the Gemini/Lunar/Mercury effect engines and laying them out on comprehensive page like the C4's editor with feedback loops and LFO options?

We need to chill Lmao

DeltaPhoenix, gregmon79 and shaggy45 like this.
  6. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Exactly. It would be an epic cannibalization of half their line. What could go wrong.

Ryan L., DeltaPhoenix and gregmon79 like this.
  7. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    I have a theory that they're moving into a second phase of this "One Series" line anyway. The One Series is a little old by now and

The C4 can do more than the Hub, which is technically a rehoused Soundblox2 Hub anyway, can even handle and its been said that the upcoming Multiwave One Series unit will also be too capable for the Hub to handle.

I wouldn't be surprised if next year we see a new hub and new drive and Modulation pedals from them. They revamp their line every few years and I think that time is coming up.

gregmon79 and BurningSkies like this.
  8. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I'd have to agree there. The only reason I got the Hub was to change presets.

IronSpatula likes this.
  9. FWIW the Aftershock does very nicely as a bass pre-amp one of my presets is an emulation of the settings of a Joyo California Sound that I used for fretless bass. Got the right voicing, saturation and EQ settings. The Aftershock paired with a quality DI would be a potent tool for stage or studio.

thabassmon and Robertron like this.
  10. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I will say this, again, that one SVT preset is killer. I love playing through that thing. It sounds like a really sweet tube head driven sound with some slightly flavored Ampeg texture. Really dig it. I'll have to check out more presets on the AS this weekend. I've been overwhelmed with the C4 still. Well, not overwhelmed, maybe swallowed up is a more accurate description haha

bassbrad likes this.
  11. Which one is that? I think I remember seeing more than one, when scrolling through the presets.

12. Every time I get into the C4 it is at least 2 hours and the journey never ends where I had intended, I love it!! I have to set up a recording frame because i almost always compose music to go with the sounds then spend a day or two on production. The C4 is making me money $$.

13. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    It’s called SVT inspired fat tube.

14. Thanks! I found it in the meantime. The other one was an emulation of the Amplitube SVT emulation. :)

But yes, the SVT inspired fat tube is bunches of fun. I'm slowly coming to terms with this pedal. My initial reaction was to quickly get rid of it again and return to the safe haven of one box with three or four knobs and less possibilities. Takes some time to deal with the pressure of the opportunities that come with it (especially since I'll have to find my favorite presets for bass AND guitar. Speaking of which…I really like the Klone engine for the fabled "transparent" guitar overdrive).

15. Just wondering: If I wanted to use a DA DMC Micro to control 2 SA pedals, how are they connected? Daisy chained in some way? I read somewhere that the Micro can control up to 3 devices by itself.

16. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Do a search in this thread. A few of us were just discussing this earlier. Long story short, you need an additional DMC unit or Hub if you want to control 2 SA pedals

17. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    So I asked in the Spectrum thread and I will ask here because someone may have experienced the same thing. When I am on the neuro desktop app and try to sample the Spectrum presets when I click on the preset it says pedal not supported. It is a Spectrum Preset trying to load onto a Spectrum Pedal. Anyone else have this happen? The firmware is the latest version.

18. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    It’s a known issue they are still working on. It’s the same on the app. When you try to burn a spectrum preset into the C4, the app crashes. I would assume this is a similar problem. I think. Maybe I’m totally wrong? But I’m sure they’ll work it out in the coming days.

19. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Thanks gregmon79 Just wanted to be sure they knew about it. In my case the app does not crash it just won't let you preview the preset . Once it said pedal not supported I stopped but I suppose I could try burning the preset to the pedal list and see what happens .

20. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    To me it sounds like a spectrum preset issue. Whether or not you’re tying to burn it to a C4 or spectrum, I have no idea if that makes a difference. But it sure seems like it could be a universal thing if a One series pedal can be interchangeable between presets. If that makes sense?