1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SPECTOR® Club - Part 69

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Oct 3, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. connected2aj

connected2aj

Jun 5, 2008
    Passaic County, NJ
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Godlyke, Hartke, & Hipshot

I fell in love with this color when I saw my buddy Alan from Life of Agony's walnut NS-4 with black hardware & an ebony fingerboard. Awesome bass, almost bought it from him.
    That's what I'll do when I get my NS-5.

2. Hey Guys!

Some questions about this sale here (German craiglist type of Portal):
    http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeig...einberger-design/147697118-74-7968?ref=search

Question 1: is that pricing reasonable? Somewhere around 550$.
    Question 2: the seller writes that this bass has active EMGs built in. To me they look like 35DC, am I right? That ups the value quite a bit to me.
    Question 3: Is that EMG preamp the stock preamp for an NS 94?

3. Betrayer_Bass

Betrayer_Bass Profanity Fish.

Sep 24, 2011
    Oslo, Norway
    Endorsing: Spector basses, Winspear Picks, Spector Formula 603 strings
    Looks great! And I know it sounds great :)

4. iceboxbass

iceboxbass Living the Dream! Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Sooo COOL! Missing Walt & the show already :crying:
    I've been thinking about Orange rigs lately:cool: Welcome to our family!:hyper: Can't wait to see what Spector comes out with for a Coda P. :cool:
    That'll be okay by me. :) Hoping its a single Split P pickup...not the P/J setup...
    NOW you're coming out with this news?!?! I know...the whole sworn to secrecy thing...;)
    :hyper:
    You're welcome C :D:cool: Glad to see someone use that name. Especially someone that's cool and bada#@:bassist::bassist::bassist:
    Wow! That quilting really is popping! :cool:
    Right on!:bassist:
    :hyper: :cool:
    Mmmm...delicious! :cool::bassist:

5. iceboxbass

iceboxbass Living the Dream! Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Here's what this bass came with, usually the preamp was the active 9V BTC, pickups passive EMG HZ's...I can't tell in the picture.

NS-94™
    Ned Steinberger updated the NS-Body™ Design. It has narrower horns than the traditional NS-Body™

Made in Korea
    34" Scale - 24 Frets
    Neck-thru construction
    Dot neck inlays
    Passive Pickups
    Active EQ - 9v
    Black SPECTOR® hardware without branding.
    Modified headstock shape unique to this model
    1995-1998

$550 is a fair price in good to excellent condition. Good luck!:):bassist:

6. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    Hello #69

476986a7-ee45-431a-90d8-fc44cf0e1c31_zpsbbf6b461.

7. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

Dec 23, 2006
    SoCal
    In with the family...
    3fullfrontSpectors.

8. I think the circuit was a BTS. BTC implies stacked pots for the tone controls, which I don't see.
    The pickups only say EMG on them, so they've definitely had the HZs swapped out. As for what they are? Your guess is as good as mine. lol EMG offers so many pickup options in their soapbar housings. I've put 40Js in my ReBop, others are running 40P5, or 40DC, or even 40CS.

I agree with you, Ice. That price is pretty good for that bass. :)

9. mancefine

mancefine

Jul 7, 2013
    Endorsing Artist: Orange Amplifiers and Spector Basses
    Yes, the P-bass will have standard p-pickups, not the split p/j. I'm not sure of the exact dimensions of the neck, but I know it will not be the standard jazz neck and will be heftier like my euro 4. It will have an active/passive switch, volume, treble, bass.

10. mancefine

mancefine

Jul 7, 2013
    Endorsing Artist: Orange Amplifiers and Spector Basses
  11. superdick2112

superdick2112 Mile High Bassist Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    The Centennial State
    I've said it before & I'll say it again -
    the perfect badass strap for a badass bass.........:bassist:

12. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    Thanks dude. They are like peanut butter & jelly :D

13. yeldarb69 (Brad)

yeldarb69 (Brad) Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    There is an orange coda on the evil auction site for what seems to be a pretty good price.I do believe if my money wasn't already spent on a bass on here,it would be coming to PA.Just thought i would pass it along in case anyone would be interested.

14. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    I get to head out in another hour to a place called Turtleheads so we can set up for a show tonight, going to bring Scarlet the Black Cherry NS2 and my fretless bass....anyone else have a show this weekend?

15. johnsonabq

johnsonabq Watch out where the huskies go... Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    Yup! Doing my first gig with Brownie tonight!

16. puremetal33

puremetal33 ...beware the Hammer of Thor

Apr 8, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Jealous of all you guys with gigs this weekend! I'll be pretending I'm Steve Harris in my apartment all weekend :bassist:

17. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    That's cool, Brownie needs to be introduced to the public...have some fun brother!
    I'm actually tired and wish I could be home playing Steve Harris but as soon as the crowd gets fired up I should hit it!!! lol

18. No shows for me until the end of the month. Hallowe'en bash. :)

Did you say Turtleheads?? Did the venue's owner at least take a few years to think of that before settling on it? lol

19. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    I don't think he thinks about things, but he has cool t-shirts with a lot of different slogans and he is good at business. The place has a Jimmy Buffet vibe and feels like it needs to be next to the lake with boats, we play out in a patio area that has a roof that rolls open which is kind of cool...the stage is small and cramped but above it there is a collection of all the ladies panties hung in the rafters! lol

20. vin088xk1

vin088xk1 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2011
    florida
    Posted the spectorcore in the classifieds yesterday, moving to fund an amp purchase, will work a deal with a club member, possible part trade, pm for club price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.