Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stoner/Doom Bassists Thread Part 28: Chicken Pot Pie

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Lazarus.Bird, Sep 27, 2012.

1. mmmmm chicken "pot" pie..... oh that's right i'm vegetarian woopstee!

2. Register_To_Disable

3. Corey Y

Corey Y

Jun 3, 2010
    Salinas, CA
    Make it Turkey Whiskey Cake and we've got a deal.

4. dunwichamps

dunwichamps Commercial User

Jul 23, 2012
    Owner: Dunwich Amps
    none of my favourite things ha.

5. Tractorr

Tractorr

Aug 23, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Another picture from last night's Pentagram show for the thread

Attached Files:

6. swspiers

swspiers Gold Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Jacksonville, NC
    Wow man. Like someone remembered. Must be some skankweed in PA....

7. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    If you don't like at least one of those three things you might get excommunicated.

8. change-jug

change-jug

Oct 11, 2008
    Buffalo,NY
    holy sh!t. This is the first time I`ve come across the new thread and it`s NOT 22 pages in already! Oh joy!!

On AK-47s. I bought a MAK-90(Chinese,semi auto AK) the 2nd week I had a job(senior in high school). It`s a tough old beast. It`s almost 14 years old and still rock solid and dependable. It doesn`t have that cool under folding stock and it has a longer barrel(20 or 22` instead of the normal 18 inch) with a bi-pod welded to it. I think it was the company`s attempt to make a RPK type rifle off the same frame as their carbine.

9. dunwichamps

Jul 23, 2012
  10. Corey Y

Corey Y

Jun 3, 2010
    Salinas, CA
    Hey Nick, should I email you directly about that DI for a quote?

11. Toastfuzz

Toastfuzz

Jul 20, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Well... cheaperthandirt.com has 500 rounds of the cheapest garbage .223 is $129 currently, 500 rounds of the cheapest garbage 7.62x39 is $112. .223 is a really common hunting rifle round, so I'd expect that locally, in a zombie apocalypse scenario, .223 would be more common to scavenge for. 9mm would be the most common, and I currently want a 9mm just for that reason. I have .223/5.56, .45 auto, and .357 mag/.38 special covered now.

I'm not a fanboi, I chose an AR but still highly respect the AK. Given what you said though you outta look into AR's. On the flipside, the AK would be more reliable with less maintenance and upkeep. I was thinking of going AK for that reason, but then realized that my AR cleaning kit is the size of a pop can, and if soldiers can clean their rifles daily in the field, no reason I can't clean mine.

I'd be more confident that I could hit a man-sized target at 200 yards in a single shot with the AR over the AK. I have no doubt I'd nail it within 3 shots of the AK, but the accuracy of the AR is pretty menacing.

12. swspiers

swspiers Gold Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Jacksonville, NC
    Hey Corey, and anyone else...

I've got a Hartke Bass Attack sitting around and gathering dust. $50 shipped is pretty painless for a decent pre-amp/DI pedal.

13. dunwichamps

Jul 23, 2012
    sure u know my email?

14. Toastfuzz

Toastfuzz

Jul 20, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Well see yinz all tomorrow, hittin the road for the night

15. Corey Y

Corey Y

Jun 3, 2010
    Salinas, CA
    I thought I had it saved in my gmail, but I think maybe I only pm'd you on stonerrocklives. Can you shoot me a private with your addy?

16. dunwichamps

Jul 23, 2012
  17. Corey Y

Corey Y

Jun 3, 2010
    Salinas, CA
    Black helicopters have been dispatched. Start putting tinfoil over all your windows.

18. dunwichamps

Jul 23, 2012
    its been public for a while now, **** I won like 9 trillion bucks from Nigeria and apparently im very honourable fellow in several Asian countries.

19. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh