1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Builder from Hell

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by BASS SUCKS, Mar 23, 2009.

1. ironrat

ironrat

Sep 24, 2008
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I love the flogging they are giving him on his forum!

The videos are good stuff!

2. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    I think he's respectable because he knows what he's selling, and he knows that his tools and skills are not top notch, but is willing to accept it and improve on it.

This guy, on the other hand...

3. The BEST part is the dog hair trapped UNDER the screws that hold down the pickup rings.

4. Punisher Bass

Punisher Bass

Dec 24, 2008
    St Louis MO
    I'm speechless. Not only at the ego and attitude of the "builder", but that anyone with half a brain would actually buy one of these things. He should be ashamed of himself and offer every one of his customers (if he even really has any) a refund and written apology.

5. ErebusBass

ErebusBass

Feb 20, 2008
    Madison, WI
    That video was so funny.

6. I especially like that hes pawning off Vigiers Cheese guitar as his own....

has anyone checked out his other Ebay listing?...."cobra skin custom boots"..i wonder if he made those for live use too, maybe for cowboys who want every note possible to be heard and not muddled up like regular tonal cowboy boots:D

7. The youtube reviews (all 13 of them) are awesome

8. frozilla

frozilla

Dec 21, 2008
    Walrus, New York
    ALSO also really wants to be Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez
    To be blunt, that **** is ridiculous.

9. The Salvador Dali painting pic on pg 23 is epic

10. I think that is the most epic thread in the history of the internet. I love it.

11. andrew_b

andrew_b

Jan 21, 2009
    australia
  12. BASS SUCKS

BASS SUCKS

Feb 3, 2009
    Haha wow, that one goes up to 69 pages...!

13. vbasscustom

vbasscustom

Sep 8, 2008
    and i really like the missing pickup in the ebay page on the "swiss cheese" guitar

14. Bocete

Bocete My E string is 36 1/4" long

Sep 30, 2006
    I was happy when someone contacted his famous american pickup maker for some info. The maker responded, paraphrased: "The guy hasn't sold anything in months, and you'd better stay away from him".

15. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    I bought a guitar once that looked okay, nothing on the outside was a problem but it made no sound when plugged in. When I pulled the pick guard there was a note the read "by now you know your screwed". The electronics were a total mess, I thought the note was a nice touch though lol

Todd :)

16. troyus

troyus

Apr 9, 2008
    San Diego, CA.
    They're renowned for their "raw character."

17. Bardley

Bardley

Nov 16, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    +1

And he doesn't go around saying a Wishbass will blow away any custom instrument out there... :rollno::rollno::rollno::scowl:

18. cessna928

cessna928

Mar 1, 2009
    Kentucky USA
    I just watched all the youtube vids of it... yikes. I really hope noone got tricked into thinking that was better than any custom.

19. It looks like they enjoy a freedom of speech not afforded on Talkbass on that forum! :p

20. N8116B

N8116B

Jan 14, 2008
    Earth
    This reminds of a guitar I saw a guy build in HS shop class.