1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Mutron Club : only quacks allowed...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mosfed, May 25, 2014.

1. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    If you ever want to add simple, smooth, funky LFO to that mix, try a Jacques Trinity Wah.

Matt Dean likes this.
  2. FilterFunk

Mar 31, 2010
    One more thing about the Battery Buddy that came with the Micro-Tron III:

I don't need it to power music gear at all, but I thought I'd keep it in case of a power outage. Here's how I tested the Battery Buddy:

I charged the Battery Buddy to full (all four lights lit up). Then, I let my phone go down to zero, or very near zero, charge. It took the Battery Buddy about two hours and fifteen minutes to fully charge my phone, and the Battery Buddy still had all four lights lit up.

This is purely FYI; you can decide whether or not it applies to your needs. I'm pretty happy with my BB, though; it's a keeper!

back4more likes this.
  3. giosuerosati

giosuerosati

Oct 9, 2017
    anyone selling one of these or thinking of selling? desperately trying to get my hands on one to no avail!

Thanks!
    Josh

4. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    What are you looking for a Microtron III?

5. giosuerosati

giosuerosati

Oct 9, 2017
    Looking for a Microtron III, yes.

davel66 likes this.
  6. They are sold out and when i talked to them the other day they mentioned they dont even have an idea when they will make more. i dont understand the reason exactly i would think they would keep making them until demand was slowing down but....they did say they had a couple laying around so if you can get ahold of them by phone you can still snag one. Im seeing some pop up on ebay here and there but they want double what they cost new

7. bass4more

bass4more Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Oakland, CA
    So, tried my Micro-Tron III with my Mesa Walkabout today and now I am getting a loud pop when I engage the pedal. No pop with my other amps, however. And the pop does not occur when I switch the Walkabout from passive to active mode. Not sure what's going on here. Need to experiment a bit more, but I thought I'd note my experience for the good of the order.

8. It is a known problem at mufx apparently there are a few out there that have this problem.

9. bass4more

bass4more Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Oakland, CA
    Yeah, I have been following the thread and read the other reports about pops. I have had the pedal since release and haven't had the problem, except now and only with this particular amp.

10. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Not sure how you have it powered but try it on an isolated outlet.

SlapinDaBass likes this.
  11. MicrotronIII

MicrotronIII

Aug 30, 2017
  12. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    How do they compare?

back4more likes this.
  13. Those microtrons are almost gone ....COME ON OCTAVIDER!

Jonny5bass likes this.
  14. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    FilterFunk likes this.
  15. FilterFunk

Mar 31, 2010
    This is the one that intrigues me most right now. Looking forward to your thoughts on it.

vivaknoxvegas likes this.
  16. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    It says "modified" but I guess he means modernized, because when I have asked Matt at NoiseKick, he says it's pretty much a clone.

17. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    It probably uses the same PCB everyone is using. It's not a perfect sounding clone IMHO.

vivaknoxvegas likes this.
  18. yodasfro

yodasfro

Aug 31, 2015
    CT
    Mine(two of them) pop I even sent them back to be tested they said all was fine? Guess what they still pop.

19. This is a problem from my understanding they haven’t figured out yet. Have you triedto plug it in by itself maybe with a different amp maybe in another place lol im courious if bu some wierd chance that solves the problem that maybe it does not like certain setups/locations. It works fine for me.

20. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    The one I have has no popping Issue but it is connected to Isolated power supply