The official "Show your basses" thread part 19!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Oct 2, 2013.

1. bassmike2010

bassmike2010

May 28, 2010
    Houston
    High end quality Still Made In America. Congrats.

2. Attached Files:

3. If you can only have one, that's a pretty nice one to have!

4. Thanks, Rod. Bought it used in 2015 from the original owner. Came with the OHSC, case candy and the Fender T hex wrench; so I've no complaints.

5. Do you know what year the bass was made?

MovinTarget and bluesguy62 like this.
  6. rfclef

rfclef

Jan 19, 2007
    Gervais, Oregon
    One bass? Well... I guess it takes all kinds...
    Sweet bass... I just made the jump to a 5er... love it, but my fingers and brain are not entirely adapted yet...

7. Thanks, that's all I can afford. About getting used to the 5-string, try ignoring that big ole B string for now. Play the bass as if it only has 4 strings. Get used to the extra width of the neck/fretboard first. That's the most important step. After a while, you'll find yourself unconsciously reaching for a note or two when you want to go lower. That's how I did it when I first started playing a 5-string in 2006. Hope this helps.

8. bassmike2010

bassmike2010

May 28, 2010
    Houston
    Only seems logical since he gave us 5 digits on each hand. The brain will adapt. In time you'll find yourself utilizing the higher octave on the B to get stronger dynamics in your playing style.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    MovinTarget and bluesguy62 like this.
  9. WillyW

WillyW l’art pour l’art, fonction de baise

Dec 10, 2019
    DEDB253-B-A383-4-C8-B-B93-F-60246-DC8-D764.jpg

10. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Were you holding the camera with the other foot?

Asking for a podiatrist.

donhank, bassmike2010, gg22 and 7 others like this.
  11. rfclef

rfclef

Jan 19, 2007
    Gervais, Oregon
    Thanks. I am getting there... I'll bore you with how natural the neck and bass feels later..

12. Thanks for asking, Rod. It's fairly new, as I'm only the 2nd owner. Did take it apart once, and the year was stamped on either the neck heel or pocket. But I forgot to take a pic. Anyway, I'm attaching pics of the headstock and serial number. Cheers :)

Attached Files:

MovinTarget and Spidey2112 like this.
  13. From the web:
    US12 + 6 digits 2012

Awesome bass my brother

MovinTarget and Spidey2112 like this.
  14. Thank you so much, Rob. I really appreciate the information :)

15. WillyW

WillyW l’art pour l’art, fonction de baise

Dec 10, 2019
    sometimes it so hard to take pictures without feet in them

34-BA4602-CF50-423-D-B9-F5-6-D56-A3643-EDB.jpg

16. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Aaaannnndddd, there goes dessert.

17. BassGuyFL

BassGuyFL Formerly known as RichardCranium

Mar 9, 2009
    Boynton Bch FL
    This is my latest lineup:
    Ibanez SR2405W
    Musicman Stingray Special 5HH
    Sterling by Musicman Ray 34ca
    Fender Precision P5 with a Hipshot bridge
    Roscoe Century Standard Plus PJ5 with Nordstrand pickups and preamp.

The Ibanez is the newest addition and it’s gonna challenge the Blue ‘Ray for the number 1 spot! The Roscoe gets some use too now that it’s re-wired with the full Nordy electronics. The Fender gets out once in a while but it’s mostly used for practice. The SBMM really doesn’t see much use but it’s cool to have.

53B8EE06-6E9F-4013-ACFD-94F69EF6CFBE.jpeg

18. bassclef112

bassclef112 Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2003
    New York City, NY
    This is my '95 T-Bass from the first run (ser #0XX) made by Status for Trace Elliot.
    At the time Trace was dominating the bass amp market, everybody who was anybody was using them, and they decided they wanted their own J bass built to spec with the best that vintage and modern had to offer.
    Alder body, one piece maple neck/rosewood fb (later versions had multi piece necks) with an early '60's profile, Status Hyperactive pickups, active preamp and a micro switch that bypasses the pre and sends the pickups direct to the jack.
    The Trace caveat was a headstock that was shaped to put the tuners right into your hand, no reaching. Rob Green said it took some heavy geometry but he did it. It took a lot of wood getting carved out! It is a sweet solution but not very practical to build. These were boutique basses at the time.
    It plays great and these pickups are really hot and very versatile. I like it best with flats.
    I got this bass in 2007 and it was NOS - never sold! The frets had patina between the strings. I believe it hung in some small music store until they went out of business, were bought up and this hit ebay. It came with the original flight case.
    Fr_CU.jpg
    Fr_Hdstk-1.jpg

19. Kev1955

Kev1955

Dec 12, 2012
    Cleaned out my closets, Basses left. 1 Short Scale, 1 Long Scale, 1 Acoustic
    Basses.JPG

Nunovsky, Basic Lee, gigetto and 11 others like this.
  20. Pagorn Suebwong

Pagorn Suebwong

Jan 21, 2017
    SEA
    Self.
    This Bass may be custom handmade.

Kev1955 likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 6, 2021