1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Whats up with kids today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MadMan118, Mar 10, 2013.

1. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    Back in the old days I was a kid in (the late '60s) I don't remember adults being allowed or attempting to beat kids with baseball bats for any reason, either. Maybe it is a question of where as well as when.

2. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Oct 20, 2007
    Sometimes, bad kids happen to good parents.

3. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010
    I'm 18. Parents are the problem with my generation. They let their kids get away with way too much, so they turn into disrespectful punks. If I was out of line as a kid I got spanked and/or locked in my bedroom. I like to think that I've turned out alright.

OP, just look forward to having him take your order at McDonald's in the near future.

4. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    Heres the deal with kids today, They are all to aware that an adult cant touch there punk ass because if we do were going to jail and be stigmatised as some sort of child abuser. We only have ourselves to blame for this so deal with it. When I was a kid if I got to full of myself the old man would knock me back down to reality but quick, It probably did me more good than harm in retrospect.

5. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Inactive

Aug 15, 2010
    Oh gimme a break. Just like some guys online like to pretend they're tough guys, the opposite end of the spectrum is also represented in any thread ; guys who like to paint themselves as being holier-than-though, better than everybody, the epitome of taking the high road no matter the situation.

Please...

Some people are reasonable, therefore they can be reasoned with. Others can't be reasoned with. You can blame that on their upbringing, the company they keep, whatever. 99% of the time, the same defiant a-holes wouldn't do the same actions unless they have a girl or a posse to impress. Stupidity, insecurity, and the desperate need for attention/validation is a terrible combination.

In a situation like this, dealing with morons like that isn't something that can usually be done with words, with a positive outcome.

I give everybody a chance to show me that they're the good guy, but not everybody is one (even though everybody thinks they're the good guy no matter what). When there's a blatant display that shows they are a rotten POS that is negatively affecting you, your property, or your family, that's when action should be taken because words won't work.

But hey... if you want to look cool in front of other people (which is what those people I described about do - they try to look cool) by being moralistic, keep holding on to that idealistic mentality that words would get you an apology in a situation described in the OP.

The ONLY way that would've worked is if the OP happened to be a cop and had shown his badge. You would've seen a drastic change in behavior from these dolts.

6. I'm 17 now and that wouldn't fly if it was my car. I'm a minor and castle doctrine extends to your car in Florida. You're going to sit on my property, smoke, and then have the audacity to not remove yourself? As far as I can tell, the law here sees it the same way as if someone were leaning against your front door and dropping cigarette butts about.

I made a decision a while ago not to be a victim to people and whether that means calling the cops or simply starting the car and driving away (miscreants on the hood or not) I wouldn't let someone like that ruin my day.

7. BassDoc51

BassDoc51

Dec 20, 2011
    Fairborn, OH
    The kids that acted like that when I was growing up were the ones who were able to walk all over their parents. Quite a few of them are now either in jail or dead. I didn't have a snowball's chance with my Mom and Dad. I was scared of them. They didn't abuse me by any means, but neither would take my crap for two seconds. My Dad was a retired USMC Drill Sgt and my Mom was a bus driver and a bartender who could whip most men. I was no match for either one. Without their tough love, I would have probably been a punk in jail or dead too.

8. After that statement "make me" "Guys get off my car or I am driving away with you on it your choice"

9. how dare someone have a job!

10. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Great idea. If it ever happens to me, that's what I'll do (after I get my phone cam ready).

11. I remember an incident where a I was with a friend in a shopping centre, and he was swearing every second word (we were about 16 or so). A guy came over and asked my friend to tone down the language as he had two young children with him. My "friend", who was an idiot, just kept on using the same language, so the guy came over and back-handed him something fierce. He deserved what he got, and he learned a lesson from it. Using a baseball bat is way over the top, but I imagine such a situation doesn't actually happen in real life. I certainly hope it doesn't.

12. It would have been the hard way from the gate. I'm very anal with my car, and if I walk out and see some disrespectful piece of garbage sitting on it, I wouldn't be polite, to say the least.

A few years ago, about to pull into my driveway, my neighbor's wife jumped in front of me so I couldn't pull in. She then proceeded to lay across my hood. These were friends of mine. I got out of the car and verbally tore her a new a$$hole. My car wasn't cheap, and I worked hard to afford it. I'm not going to allow someone else to f**k with it.

13. Nortonrider has it nailed; it's parents! My son would never disrespect others things or other folks.

Before anyone says yeah right I don't know what he does out w/ friends ...he is a homebody. Cos so many his age (18) are disrespectful he keeps a distance. Hes also an awesomely individual young man, not a trend follower thank goodness.He likes to hang with me and my friends cos to him were cool lol They respect him & vice versa.

14. Your post reminds me of "Pulp Fiction", and John Travolta and Eric Stoltz talking about "f9999g with a man's auto-mobile". My car's old, and it's not expensive, but I've done nearly 200,000 kms in it without a dent. So I don't take kindly to anyone messing with it. It's true, you just "don't **** with a man's auto-mobile". ;)

15. NWB

NWB

Apr 30, 2008
    Kirkland, WA
    I wrote that you could beat a kid with a baseball bat?

Where did I write that?:confused:

16. If I was that punk and you backhanded me, when I got home and told my pops what happened he woulda whipped my @$$ with a belt and then my mom would have grounded me.

and I would have deserved all 3.

17. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

[​IMG]

18. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I would like to think you would have had the sense to do no such thing.

If you did so, I would like to think you would have been arrested. Classic case of when someone should NOT be carrying a firearm so they are not tempted to display it completely inappropriately. Deadly force is not something you threaten when someone sits on your car.

I lack the words to convey the depth of stupid in that thought.

And I own multiple firearms and hold a concealed carry permit.

19. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

"Kids What's The Matter With Kids these Days"

20. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE!

Mar 31, 2010
    This sounds like my 15-year-old nephew who lives with me. He has friends at school, and he goes to family gatherings, where he spends time with cousins around his age. Otherwise, he pretty much hangs out with my brother and me. And just like your son, he's been taught to never disrespect other folks or other's things. Doesn't mean he's perfect, but he's a good, happy, well-adjusted kid who would never think of putting his behind on someone else's car.