1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which Fender to keep? Having trouble deciding..See pics

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FishDub, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Keep the fiesta P ..

FishDub and dmt like this.
  2. SonnyBassPlayer

SonnyBassPlayer

Nov 29, 2013
    Italy
    Keep the Fender and in case you want to sell it in the future, you'll be able to get both a CV Precision and a CV Jazz for the selling price.

FishDub likes this.
  3. MYLOWFREQ

MYLOWFREQ Supporting Member

May 13, 2011
    New York
    Keep whichever is lighter.

FishDub and Groove Doctor like this.
  4. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    I'd keep the PJ, then sell the Squier with it's original pickup and keep the upgrade pickup just in case you feel like swapping the one in the Fender.

FishDub likes this.
  5. Oobly

Oobly

Jun 19, 2008
    The more I read, the more I realise you have two great instruments. Both will probably appreciate in value (both sentimental and monetary) over time, unlike most amps. My reasoning for keeping the Squier still stands, but I really think you should try to raise the funds somehow other than selling either of these.

andruca and FishDub like this.
  6. descendent22

descendent22

Jul 29, 2015
    Connecticut
    Is the person with OP joking? I hope they’re joking cause that’s simply strait up dumb to ask. Let’s see, a mid 80’s Jazz Special that are getting more and more uncommon or a typical Squier? ***?! You keep the Jazz special OBVIOUSLY without a second thought. But why not keep both? I mean keep buying more. A Squier over a 85 Jazz bass special? Do you know anything about instruments? The Squier is NOT hard to find at all. There’s so MANY of them in that color and that model. You’ll spend a lot more money trying to buy a Jazz special someday when you want one again.this is common sense

7. gwangi

gwangi Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Forbidden Valley
    Heck that's a real easy decision, keep the Fender Jazz bass special for sure!!!!

FishDub likes this.
  8. LowRick

LowRick

Mar 24, 2019
    Garrelsweer
    Keep the one with TORT!!!

FishDub likes this.
  9. Your gonna get more for that jazz bass special but have a feeling your gonna have to wait a minute with either bass to get what they are worth. Less time with the jazz bass special maybe since it isn’t the power and has the painted neck.

FishDub likes this.
  10. BigBear77

BigBear77 Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2017
    Keep the Jazz special. Swap pups put the ‘58 in the Jazz

FishDub likes this.
  11. FishDub

FishDub Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    Dude I almost didn't even respond to this because its just so laughable, but I changed my mind. First off, maybe if you actually read all of the people that chose the Squier over the Jazz you would then realize how good they actually are...and I challenge you find a CV 60s P in Fiesta red. You obviously never played a good one. Second, its not a dumb question as you can see from all of the people that consider this a tough decision. Third, perhaps do a bit of research before accusing someone of a "dumb" question or lacking common sense because its comically obvious you don't have a clue what you are talking about....

12. I'd keep the Jazz Special.

FishDub likes this.
  13. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    I would keep the P-Bass myself. I have a CV P-Bass and it is not my main one but a very good backup for sure.

FishDub likes this.
  14. bhendrix

bhendrix

May 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    You'll get more $ selling the Jazz Special and be able to hopefully fund the amp you want without going into debt. As far as folks opinions on Squier, I pretty much felt the same way UNTIL I found a Vintage Modified Precision that is perfectly perfect! Came with Fralin Pbass pup, Labella flats and is light and comfy. This is now one bass I'll never sale - it covers ALL the bases for me - just a pleasure to play and a tone machine!

Keep the P! ;)

FishDub likes this.
  15. I don't agree with the tone the guy used but he has somewhat of a point. The Squier is more or less a commodity and it is highly unlikely it will increase in value. The Fender is potentially an investment that down the road could pay for one year of college of one of your kids (I am exaggerating). So from a monetary point the Fender is the keeper and there is no competition.

FishDub likes this.
  16. I’d keep the one that will be harder to find if I wanted to buy another one down the road.

Minimalist and FishDub like this.
  17. sonic 7

sonic 7

Aug 10, 2011
    Queens, N.Y.C.
    Leave the gun , take the cannolis. I mean keep the J bass.

FishDub likes this.
  18. JBS, a more versatile bass.

19. Chu

Chu

May 26, 2014
    Comodoro Rivadavia
    Keep the Squier...sell me the JBS!!:drool:

FishDub likes this.
  20. Oobly

Oobly

Jun 19, 2008
    I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. These CIC CV Squiers are great instruments, definitely worth more than the price and since the switch of manufacture to Indonesia, they're not as good any more. People who buy them tend not to sell them again. They're well-regarded, hard to find second-hand and now you can't buy them new any more, so IMHO they'll start going up in value.

FishDub likes this.