1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT 7 Pro arriving tomorrow !!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ncognito, Jan 7, 2010.

1. So how much is Ampeg paying you for the TB hype creation?:eyebrow:

You had one before they were even on the site!:eyebrow:

Anyhow, it worked, cuz I'm buying one!:D

2. I look forward to your review as well.

3. lol

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    At last year's Winter NAMM Show, I heard a lot of manufacturers talking about looking to "fill the void" that was going to be left in the market when Ampeg went under.

I'm not thinking that is going to happen. :D

But, LOUD is going to have to show that they can sustain this level of play...

Tom.

5. CrazyJayYeah13!

CrazyJayYeah13!

May 27, 2008
    Never heard of a SVT Pro. It any good or cheap? I am a beginner with Laney Amp and a Ampeg 15 inch speaker combo. Never played the Ampeg Combo. Is the SVAT Pro a combo? I paid 300 for the Ampeg Combo. Later, Crazy Jay Sixty years olde and learning bass guitar! Yeah! Never liked Led Zeppelin, No Hendrix, No Cream, No Rush, I liked KISS, Nugent, AC/DC The Rolling Stones and The Beatles,. What about YOU?

6. BigMac5

BigMac5

Nov 26, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    :eek:

7. D.I.X.bass

D.I.X.bass

Jan 19, 2010
    anyone using ampeg b5r head? likes dilikes

8. Guess what arrived today...

Snapshot_20100119_5.

9. 0175westwood29

0175westwood29

Sep 16, 2007
    :D so it really is light then!

dnt think you can hold any of the other pro heads with one hand!

just waiting for the review now.

andy

10. Well just for a frame of reference, I'm bout 6'8" and my hand is nearly 9 1/2 inches long! haha

This thing is kinda light, I expected it to be much lighter, but its compact, certainly not gb or mb sized, but for the role its going to be used for its perfect. Its beautiful tho, can fit nicely on vertically stacked 2x10s, 1x12s, etc, and has plenty of power.

I will be posting a review sometime this weekend, I expected the head to ship and be here around friday, my gears 450 miles south :crying:

So far so good!:smug:

11. sedan_dad

sedan_dad

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    So what is a "orP 7 TVS" anyways?

12. A very rare and dangerous bass amp, its tone is considered so heavenly that the very notes it reproduces can steal your soul... its quite astonishing really

13. Lemme guess... um....

.... a puppy?

* send it back man they sent you a backwards one. Ampeg QC still not up to scratch :rollno:

14. Dan S

Dan S

Mar 3, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

15. Are the new SVT 7 and 8 PROs being made in Washington along with the Heritage line?

16. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    no. only the heritage line is being made in america currently.

17. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Great looking product. I know this is tough to answer, but does it sound true to its' power rating? I once played a 6 Pro that sounded amazing tonewise, but seemed subjectively not as loud as its' power rating led me to expect. This looks to be the perfect size for my taste (like a Walkabout) and has features I dig. If the tone is really as good and tweakable as early reviews suggest, then high Vs for 'Peg!

18. goldenglory18

goldenglory18 Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Amateur. Take my advice for its resale value.
    A razor?

19. 0175westwood29

0175westwood29

Sep 16, 2007
    yeh i think peg lied about the power rating on the 6 pro, def not 1000w at 4 ohms, the lm2 at about 12 seems to be just as loud, thru the same cab!

looking forward to hearing what the 7 pro like

andy

20. bunny10

bunny10

Mar 11, 2006
    Has anyone compared the sound of the svt-7 to the svt-3. I am interested to hear if there is any similarity between the 2