1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT 7 Pro arriving tomorrow !!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ncognito, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Jheake

Jheake

Jan 21, 2010
    Gilbert az
    SO would the new neo 210 go great with this thing or what?

i used to play an svt 4pro with a couple bxt 410s with warwicks and loved that tone.

ohh first post btw

2. Ok, I just reunited with my cabs and hooked this bad boy up and I cannot believe how great this thing sounds, it nailed "my" tone the second I fired her up. Im playing it through an Ampeg PR-410HLF and I could not be more impressed, to me it sounds like an SVT3 on steroids, however I'm not YET convinced that its power ratings are totally accurate, but I'm being cautious with my cab right now as its only rated for 650watts so we'll see.

I'm going to fiddle around with this badboy some more and have a total review by this time next week!

3. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Thanks
    Woould be great if you could A/B it to some other amp with the same cabinet

4. No problem, I have been A/Bing it with my SWR 350x while cycling between various settings and basses. The SVT-7 is far and above my favorite, it makes my Hot Rod Jazz sing with that cabinet. It is a darker, fatter sound than the SWR which feels lifeless, almost sterile (which was the reason I purchased it). The 7 to me is beefier but ready to give me any sound I want, the SWR is feeling more and more like a one trick pony. Those are my initial thoughts comparing the 2 heads, I will post a more detailed review one I get a better feel for the 7 and what it can do.

5. pedulla1

pedulla1

May 14, 2005
    NYC
    Wouldn't be the first time Ampeg overstated their power. LOL. My old GK 400rb was louder than my SVT3 Pro.

6. Jheake

Jheake

Jan 21, 2010
    Gilbert az
    quick question(s), i looked at the manual for the svt 7 and didnt see any 1/4 inch jacks for speakers on the back of the head.

my assumption is that the 1/4 are built into the neutrik quick connects is that true?

as in you just connect the 1/4 inch jack into the middle of the neutriks?

thakns in advance for the reply, jon

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    btw, crank the gain and use your ears instead of relying on the lights or typical gain settings on other amps, and those underpowered ampegs all of a sudden become pretty darn powered.

8. I just checked for you, and yes there is a 1/4 in the middle of the speakons.

9. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    I played the orP 7 TVS @ NAMM! Through Ampeg's new oeN stenibaC~

Ampeg1.

10. Jheake

Jheake

Jan 21, 2010
    Gilbert az
    thanks big mike, i just orded one! 10 long buisness days....

i think im gonna put the new swr golight 410 underneath it when they become available =) total weight between head and cab = like 80 lbs. thats less than one ampeg normal 410!!

my back is already feeling better!!! :bassist:

11. Dan S

Dan S

Mar 3, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I just ordered mine.... it's gonna be a looooong couple-o-days until it arrives!

12. justmeinmsp

justmeinmsp

Dec 3, 2008
    Just got my 7 today, this thing is awsome so far.

13. RoboChrist

RoboChrist Guest

Jul 8, 2009
    I love how they installed the heavy duty pull bars on the rack ears...

Removable rack ears too. :D

14. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Endorsed by K.B. Guitars, Nordstrand Audio Pickups, Von York Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps.
    Is the

15. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Yes. :smug:

16. Dan S

Dan S

Mar 3, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Got mine today.... I'm liking it so far but I won't be able to crank it up for a while since I don't have any gigs in the near future. :crying:

I also realized today that this is the first brand new amp I've owned!

17. Phantasm

Phantasm I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

Sep 16, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Okay, between the fact that I haven't read a bad thing about the amp, the fact that the MicroVR was actually a very good sounding amp when I got to play it, and the fact that what little video footage I saw on the amp was promising I've ordered one. I just couldn't stand it anymore!

I'm using a GK MB2-500. Let's see if the Ampeg SVT-7pro can unseat it from the top of my amp. Lots of gigs coming up for it to prove it's mettle...

Now I've just got to be patient and let it come in.

18. Thunderhead

Thunderhead

Apr 5, 2008
    Indiana
    I knew it! :p

This thread is giving me GAS.

Someone needs to post something negative about this amp's build quality/reliability soon or my poor tax check may be in mortal danger.

19. I'm still working up a total review with mine, giving it some more time so the "freshness" of the amp wears off with me. So far its hands down the amp for life, but my only complaint is the fan is kinda loud...

20. ^^ Weird. Ncognito said the fan was hardly noticable.