1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Atomic Amplifire Bass Box at NAMM

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jimfist, Jan 20, 2019.

1. jimfist

jimfist "Cling tenaciously to my buttocks!"

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
    from Studio Devil's Facebook page...and it's ABOUT TIME! (yay)

"Ever wondered what Virtual Bass Amp with some extra dynamics and EQ processing, a selectable drive effect, and an impulse modeler would be like, all packed into a portable stomp box? Well, this is it...

Introducing Bass Box, coming soon from Atomic Amps...and we are bringing units to the NAMM show this week. Going to be a fun time showing it to people and getting some excitement over one of our best selling bass amp modeling effects algorithms, and much more, all inside the box!

If you are going to NAMM, stop by Booth #3749 and check it out!"

upload_2019-1-20_23-26-57.png

equill, sporad, gregmon79 and 7 others like this.
  2. samurai1993

samurai1993

Jun 6, 2010
    Chile
    I logged to post the same, guess you won haha

Sounds like a great idea. Even if it's a little old software, their VST still sounds great, and this pedal pack almost everything I could need + new algorithms. Real winner here.

jimfist likes this.
  3. jimfist

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
    When I owned the original Amplifire 3 button, I beat up on Atomic a little bit for not supplying bassists any love. It's taken about 3 years, but they've finally thrown in with this box. For $299, I almost feel obligated to support the product. They've crammed a lot of features in this box, I can definitely use it in my rig, and enjoy supporting local (USA) companies when I can.

gregmon79, ccouch7 and BrentSimons like this.
  4. jimfist

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Anyone interested should follow the Studio Devil Guitar Amp Technology FaceBook page, as well as their presence on "other gear forums". From what's been described, this pedal looks really great...including an EQ mode that is a model of the API 550b EQ.

ccouch7 and BrentSimons like this.
  5. jimfist

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
    more eye candy from the Studio Devil FB page...

50500494_10155791370011922_3092667707737243648_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fbos1-1.jpg

6. GBBSbassist

GBBSbassist I actually play more guitar... Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Chicago
    Very cool. A buddy of mine uses the Ampli-firebox for guitar and it's incredible. I can't imagine them dropping the ball on bass. Should be nice.

BrentSimons and jimfist like this.
  7. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    Wellington, NZ
    Cool. Another Amp-In-A-Box option. Cheers.

BrentSimons likes this.
  8. TheLowDown33

TheLowDown33 Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    NJ
    I would love to see the full spec on this. If you could use the same PC capabilities, this is a bit of a game changer for me

9. jimfist

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
    My thoughts exactly. Their other stomp pedal - the Amplifire-box - has a PC editor that exposes other effects, features and parameters not shown on the front panel (IR loading, etc.). I'd be shocked if the same weren't true for the Bass Box, too. More info will surely be released during NAMM, so looking forward to those details.

Regardless, this box is currently on top of my GAS list.

ppiluk, pbass6811 and BrentSimons like this.
  10. Azure Skies

Azure Skies Commercial User

Mar 21, 2012
    Toronto
    Businessman and EE Importer/Exporter Broughton Audio
    It looks nice. Too bad they didn't google the name to see if it was taken.

11. jimfist

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Yes, very interesting indeed! Are you at NAMM? Maybe make a point of this to them.

upload_2019-1-23_12-16-0.png

Evil_Druid, BrentSimons and Nunovsky like this.
  12. ChubbyJerk

ChubbyJerk Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    To be fair, it took 3 attempts at google searches for me to get one that came up with your pedal on the first page. And when I did get it on a couple searches, it was never at the top of the list.

I think the terms, even when stuck together in that specific order, are just so generic that there's a lot out there that is either named "bass box" or referred to with those terms.

This is not intended to disparage or diminish; I'm just saying, it's a very common combination of words. It's kinda like EHX's new "Mono Bass Synth" pedal...descriptive, but not distinctive.

13. jimfist

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I'd guess Atomic still has time to do something about the name if it becomes a legal issue. Whatever they can do to keep production on schedule.

upload_2019-1-23_19-44-44.png

14. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    My guitar player uses the Ampli-Firebox. It's part of his live rig and he digs it. I'm interested.

15. pbass6811

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    Well, I thought I was going to sign up for news and updates but, apparently, I'm now on the waiting list, LOL! I read the page, but above the signup portion is something about news and updates. Oh well, I'm still very interested.

The fact that my guitar player has the guitar version and really digs it has me excited! I sold my Helix, returned the HX Stomp I bought, and Kemper was never on my list. From reading the Fractal forum, I'm not sure they could care less about bass, so, I was thinking that I might buy another Helix down the road. Thankfully, I spent 7.4 minutes on TB today and now I have 14 different options to look at! Bless you, TB!

16. Wissen

Wissen Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Central PA
    I just hope that, about 8 months from now, when these start popping up in the classifieds here as second-hand gear, I'm in a band where I can justify snagging one of these beauties.

jimfist, BrentSimons and BassikLee like this.
  17. pbass6811

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    Hey. Anyone get any eyes/ears on this yet? We needs some info...

@tombowlus -Can you help a brotha' out?! Please and thank you! I think it's booth #3749

:D

jimfist likes this.
  18. Grahams Groove

Grahams Groove If it feels heavy, it's heavy. Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Boulder, CO
    Unless you are the owner of Fulltone - in which case you feel you have the rights to the term "Bass Drive" and defend it rigorously. Because, of course, that's such a descriptive and unique name for a drive pedal that is geared specifically toward bass :rollno:

Sorry - back to the real discussion...

jimfist and cataract like this.
  19. Every year at NAMM something stands out as a must buy for me...this year this is that thing! I can't wait to check out the manual, hopefully, it will be posted soon!

gregmon79, pbass6811 and jimfist like this.
  20. JKos

JKos

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    Did anyone try it out at NAMM?

- John