1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Craigslist Bass player wanted ad

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Wademeister63, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    These kids are just too cute, dontcha think?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/muc/1083269758.html

We are a new band, wanting to be a full time band.

That includes doing it as a profession not just a hobby, and giving it everything we have.

We want to play something that is raw, fun, and marketable.

All 3 of us are either 17 or 18 so it would be cool if you were the same age of older.

Also no combo bass amps, only full bass rigs.
    Tube is prefered, but if you have a really good solid state bass head it will do.
    Ampeg, Aguilar, Mesa, and other top of the line bass stuff is preferred.

We all use top of the line stuff( Orange, Egnater, SJC custom drums, Madison) so please do the same.

Before all the Craigslist cry baby's start crying about me forgetting there precious GK. Im sorry we have standards and GK is completely not in them.

2. They haven't cut their teeth playing music yet. Its not as easy as it sounds, and they obviously don't have a grip on what makes a good tone. Apparently mommy and daddy have dumped loads of money into their gear.

3. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Man sounds like a great gig! Those guys are going places.

4. Dang it! Thats why I never broke out and became a rockstar! My GK equipment is keeping me down.

And all three of them are 17 or 18? Are they unsure? A band of orphans with foggy bloodlines? Screw it, I'll go sell all my Ampeg stuff and My Rick since its not up to par and go join the band. Gotta get work somehow

5. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    wow... 17 year old kids who are into music sure are different these days. "raw, fun and marketable?". I'm relatively certain that "chicks" and "beer" were my reasons at that age...

what a bunch of maroons.

6. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    I blame the Disney channel.

7. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    wait till they graduate high school and people stop showing up to their shows.

I wonder if I have to wear girl pants, tight black shirts and have moppy half died flippy flip hair for this gig.

8. CDRhom

CDRhom William Murderface's Bass Tech Gold Supporting Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Fort Worth, TX
    +1

9. Safari

Safari

Feb 6, 2009
    Atlanta
    AHHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

10. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    The Jonas Brothers are the devil.

11. RexNFX79

RexNFX79

Jan 12, 2009
    TENNESSEE
    Anytime that I've ever called about an open position in a band and all the guy wanted to talk about was what kind of gear everyone had, I took it upon myself to see my way out. I don't care if a guy is using pawn shop junk if he's got tone and he can play. These kids are idiots.

12. HogieWan

HogieWan

Feb 4, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    yep - a good player is a good player. But what is really annoying is that gui****s and drummers are trying to tell the bass player what sounds good for him

13. Yeah, this seems obvious to musicians, but these guys are justa bunch of kids. It's exactly what I would expect from a garage band

14. +1 HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!Girl pants! Hahahahahha ....!!!!

15. crijan

crijan Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2005
    Dallas, Texas
    Endorsing: JH Audio IEMs
    Allowances must have gone up over the years. When I was 17 I could barely afford a used Crate combo amp, much less a tube Ampeg!

16. rtav

rtav Millionaire Stuntman, Half-Jackalope

Dec 12, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Wouldn't life be so easy if I could be a teenager again and KNOW EVERYTHING.... :confused: :confused:

Sounds like they want to hire a music store...

They are interested in finding someone their own age (read: "as clueless as we are") and who has spent + $1,000 on their rig (read: "it's all about branding.")

Well, you have to have priorities....

oh to know everything again... :bawl:

17. RobertPaulson

RobertPaulson

Dec 11, 2008
    Des Moines
    no kidding, i had a samick and a peavey 1x15 combo when I was that age. It wasn't until i got out of college and decided having a nice rig was worth more than paying off student loans that I got decent stuff.

18. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ

And all this time I thought I suck because of serious shortage of practice time. Now I find out it because of my gear. I have not one, but TWO G-K amps!!! :eek: I guess should sell one so I can suddenly become twice as good. Ahhh hell, I may as well sell both so I can instantly be four times the player I am now!

"For Sale: Amps" forum, here I come!!!!!

:eyebrow:

19. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    Oh, to be that young and that sure of myself again.....

20. Well c'mon, everybody knows that to not suck you need an SVT and vintage P bass!