Dingwall Owners Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FroggyOne2, Jan 7, 2008.

Tags:
  1. PaulS

PaulS

Jan 19, 2016
    New Jersey
    Yes

AB Nate likes this.
  2. Jack Deth

Jack Deth

May 7, 2020
    Missouri
    AB Nate and J R Knots like this.
  3. singlemalt

singlemalt Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2007
    White Salmon, WA
    The color shift is so hard to photograph, you did great.

Congrats!

PaulS and J R Knots like this.
  4. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    sweet. Thanks.

“ Urgh… me learn to make picture pretty with little bot-ton thingy”

“next make fire”
    B91172A5-DEA3-469E-8B43-BEF5F29A0F1D.png

5. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    AB Nate likes this.
  6. madmaskbass

madmaskbass

Apr 29, 2008
    Australia
    Finally got all the shadow chrome off this beauty! Super happy looks awesome and there is a feel improvement. The saddles are longer than the Dingwall ones which means that the angle of the saddles is less and it feels flatter. It is only a perception thing but it is an improvement. The fit and finish is excellent as usual with hipshot. To fit this bridge as it should be fitted does require one of the two mounting holes to be fitted to the bass at the back of the saddle but there is another hole that isn't recessed that lines up with the original screw placement. At this stage I have just mounted it to this but if necessary i will change it and drill the back hole. Looks so so much better though and because it cost so much coin I am going to say there is a noticeable tonal difference as well. If I was totally honest I do think it feels just a bit snappier and that is great for me.

216324163_359503968893266_2360252380381803462_n.jpg 216710942_367004334778735_8402123405002265775_n.jpg 216785837_514619166425678_840138357139806775_n.jpg

Next up is 6 way switch, Canadian knobs and then I am going to attempt to make some custom wooden pickguards to make it truly mine. Bloody love this bass

7. NaH

NaH Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2010
    That was NICE. I love the cat condo as a cable holder.

PaulS likes this.
  8. IvanBassist

IvanBassist Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Münster, Germany
    Endorsing Artist: Mesa Boogie, Tech 21, G&L
    Sweet!!

9. IvanBassist

Jun 8, 2008
    Münster, Germany
    Nice! Congratulations!! D-Rocs are awesome! Incredible balance on a strap

PaulS likes this.
  10. NaH

NaH Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2010
    The FROZEN tundra

Sodbuster likes this.
  11. Sodbuster

Sodbuster Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2015
    The Frozen Tundra
    Exactly!

12. TheLowDown33

TheLowDown33 Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    NJ
    Hah, thanks! It proved indispensable for cable management that day.

13. KentClarkOnBass

KentClarkOnBass Supporting Member

This sentence right here explains about 80% of the discussions on TalkBass. :roflmao: Looks great, @madmaskbass , there's nothing like taking something great and making it unique and totally your own. :thumbsup:

14. JarodGrieco

JarodGrieco Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Just wanted to show off my ABZ5 and new rig. It sounds as good as it looks with this back drop :D

12E884C4-356F-45EE-922B-4C8324D1DEA9_1_105_c.jpeg

pravus, PaulS, TTA and 16 others like this.
  15. TTA

TTA

Jun 10, 2021
    8D0E7AFF-D870-49CC-9E9F-2571CAF13F66.png A469DC51-CA7A-42DE-A22A-12067DD6E855.jpeg Ordered my first dingwall. Found on reverb. I just called the shop and bought it for a good 500$ less than listed. With a little luck i will have it this week. I am already looking at a 3 pickup kit (cause they look intimidating) and a 6 way rotary selector (so i can also do the bridge and neck pickup in series)

I was going to play it safe with my first gut reaction to get a natural ash combustion, but in the end i figured i had to go all in on the green. Really excited to give it a try. Pretty sure i will be living in series mode given the sound recordings i have heard.

first question: any advice on a hard case?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  16. IvanBassist

Jun 8, 2008
    Münster, Germany
    Congratulations!!

TTA likes this.
  17. NaH

NaH Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I like the SKB-44PRO cases well enough - but you'll need to pound out an indentation for the bottom strap pin in order for it to fit properly. I think that would apply to a lot of cases. This one is fitted for Jazz/Precision but fits the long scales. Sheldon has specifically recommended against open (just a square on the bottom) cases.

18. Andyman001

Andyman001 moderation must be taken with a grain of salt

Feb 11, 2010
    S/E Idaho
    AB Nate likes this.
  19. Waltsdog

Waltsdog

Feb 21, 2009
    Ottawa, ON
    Congrats on the new bass, you should get a really nice and protective soft case with it. If you really have to have a hard case I'd just go with one of these and not worry about fit:
    ATA Roto Electric Bass Case w/TSA lock | SKB Music / ProAV

20. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Nice! Happy to have you in the family.

For cases many if not most of the 'standard' SKB, Gator rotos will work. I've had an SKB Freedom & a Gator ATA that have both been fine. Do note that you'll want to pack a bit of something above the horn or at the end/headstock because there's enough room for it to slip a bit in the case. Not really much of a problem unless someone else is handling your gear. I usually pack my cotton (neck) & microfiber (body) cleaning cloths in those places.

On the pickup thing...start with the two and see how you like it...you might be surprised. Another thing you can do, is move the 'middle' pickup to the neck slot and see how you like that before doing a full 3 pickup kit.

TTA likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021