Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. BigDrew

BigDrew

Jun 1, 2016
    LI-NY
  2. BigDrew

BigDrew

Jun 1, 2016
    LI-NY
    Seriously, how did I wait so long to buy one? I'm playing a 3 band Stingray, a Stingray Classic and my beloved Jazz and they all sound wicked. The J with Contour on really sounds great!

3. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Beautious, Clyde! That Rumble Stage 800 woth 210 extension will handle any venue you take it to. @Clyde_Simpleton, you are now member #1256 in the Fender Rumble Club. Congratulations and welcome. I know you've been considering this acquisition for quite some time, so you probably know what to expect. But be sure to familiarize yourself with the Stage & Studio Links, Videos, and TONE App Support sections of the Rumble Club Wiki page, linked in my signature, for info about your very versatile amp. Also, see the Rumble LT25, Studio 40 & Stage 800 club sub-thread for discussions on these extra special bass modeling amps.

Hail and well met, Mr. Simpleton! Tell us of your bass experience and Rumble journey. Then may we all merrily. . . .

Rumble On!

bhendrix likes this.
  4. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Ok, Drew! Glad you figured out that Apple stuff. @BigDrew, you are now member #1257 in the Fender Rumble Club. Congratulations and welcome. We usually prefer to see your Rumbles, literally, "outside the box" but we'll make an exception this time. Yes, it's amazing what the little Rumble 40 can do!

Introduce yourself, Biggie, and let us get to know you. For we all love to . . . .

Rumble On!

bhendrix likes this.
  5. wctesla

wctesla

Jul 8, 2018
    I got my 40 about three days ago, really liking it for both bass practice and some standard electric guitar, I simply move the eq a bit and turn on my zoom multi pedal for verb or what ever...sounds great, I am playing (attempting) some jazz guitar, both bass and treble electric and the 40 is good for both, to my humble ears...sorry no pic but between this one, my lt25 rumble and my other larger head and cab (as yet unnamed) I am covered (oh, and the 4 or 5 smallish guitar amps, never too many you know)...:bassist:

EatS1stBassist and Ronzo like this.
  6. tb4sbp

tb4sbp

May 9, 2017
    North East
    I have had both the 40 and the studio 40
    both are amazing amps
    Great for practice and small gigs

The Rumble series have all great to me
    I have had the pleasure of owning:
    Rumble 25, 40, studio 40 and currently the stage 800

EatS1stBassist, Ronzo and wctesla like this.
  7. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    The Blackstars sound OK, but I couldn’t really live with the practice amp features, more specifically the weird way they implemented the «AUX in» function. I ended up selling mine, and going back to Rumbles. Haven’t looked back.

8. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Yeah. I'm always willing to look at other stuff that comes out, but reviews/demos tell me I'm right where I wanna be with the Rumbles. For example, I looked at the Orange 50W, but from what I learned, they're too mid range-y for me. AFA Blackstar, no one in my area had one to try and I didn't feel like tying up the $$ to buy one and send/take it back.

Miles_ONeal likes this.
  9. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    I hear that. The only reason I got a Blackstar was that my Rumble 40 had given up the ghost, and the shop I got it from had gone belly-up so I couldn’t get a replacement.

I got the Blackstar because I got a good deal on it, didn’t enjoy it that much, and sold it within a month and got a Studio 40 instead, which I’m very happy with.

Three months ago, I thought I’d rifle the old Rumble 40 for parts and chuck the rest away. I started dismantling it, but after some thought I put it together again and plugged a bass into it. Lo and behold, it worked! Played it for an hour without problems. I now keep it as a backup amp. Apparently this Rumble refused to die!

10. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Perhaps it had a touch of "what's going around" and needed to recover.;)

Ronzo likes this.
  11. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Possibly, though it did get sick before the pandemic. I suspect something was loose somewhere, and taking it apart and putting it back together fixed it.

Ronzo likes this.
  12. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Just so it works.:thumbsup:

Ronzo and JakobT like this.
  13. As of today, I am a proud owner of a Fender Bumble 500 V3. Sounds great, IMO. :thumbsup:

I had borrowed a friend of mine's 100 with the 12" speaker and thought it sounded very bloated and thumpy, like a cheap home stereo subwoofer. Not this one. Nope, this had tone for days! Maybe even WEEKS! :eek:

Pulverizor and jmhaslip like this.
  14. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Indeed. And if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. But if it is, well...:)

Ronzo and John Stephen like this.
  15. TheMaartian

TheMaartian Always forward. Never straight.

Sep 23, 2014
    Flagstaff, AZ
    My first job out of college was Asst. Crew Chief on the Neutrino Beam Line at the Fermilab in '78. My crew chief was to show me the ropes. Okey dokey.

We worked midnights, and he brought stuff in with him to work on during quiet times. One time, he brought in his stereo receiver which was dead in the water. He had it opened up, upside down on his work bench to 2 (two; that's TWO) nights, probing all over the amp, with no success.

Then he checked the fuse. Blown.

I got a really good laugh out of it. He made me promise not to tell anyone.

Just broke that promise. 42 years later.

Why now? Well, 42, you know. It's the answer to everything!

Glad your 40's rumblin' again!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  16. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Maybe we should call it the Rumble 42. :)

bhendrix and SoulReflection like this.
  17. TheMaartian

TheMaartian Always forward. Never straight.

Sep 23, 2014
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Spillin' the beans on v4 Rumbles!

bhendrix, JakobT and SoulReflection like this.
  18. I love my Rumble! I've been gigging with it for almost a year now. I just made a video about some settings that get pretty close to some more well-known sounds.

19. bhendrix

bhendrix

May 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Great video - I really enjoyed it! The production and sound quality is very good and you've got a great personality and seem very comfortable in front of the camera. Thanks for sharing!

andare, pschwei37, CallMeAl and 3 others like this.
  20. John Stephen

John Stephen Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2018
    SF Bay Area
    I agree with bhendrix, that is a very nicely done video.

droo46 likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021