Chick VS Chick w/Bass: Six Shooter

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by The Deej, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

2. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Central Valley
    my Grandpa always said...leave them wanting more....lol

3. Definitely not Chick with bass but nice playing anyway. An unusual blend of jazz and blues. Any influences there beside BP?

4. Thor

Not sure what BP refers to... oh, ahh, Andy Pyle. Blodwyn pig.

It was just the first pickup jam to warm the guys up. Never met the drummer before. Apparently he last picked up the sticks in 1987. Never played an electronic set before.

For me, Just havin' fun. Destressing and I thought a pure and natural blues in A (or D actually) would loosen up the sax player.

Just a pickup jam at a local store every Tuesday, different guys each time.

Influences? I grew up with Casady, Lesh, Bruce, some of the other cats you see in my profile. I always dug Andy Pyle's sound as well as Glenn Cornick's. I like a lot of guys. You somehow draw something from each along the way, you know how it is.

Anyway, as we are all friends here, I figured CWB would like a snapshot of Thor's musical noodlings. I got to see drummer's color coded purple pipes and the refin bass so turnaround is good.

5. BassGen

BassGen

Mar 15, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Good by me Thor, not that you need my permission. This is more like a club where friendships are forged anyway

6. Thor

As a fellow Geddy player, you know what a sweet bass that is. It's blue, I had it painted Lake Placid Blue nitro. Pups are Fralin hum cancelling. Nice smooth sound. ;)

Anyway, on another topic, I was dreaming up how to rig up a double wooden spoon thwacker using an old orchestra stand as a base, a waterproof motor, some springs, a camshaft, variable speed control, stainless parts and whatnot. Probably need some duct tape as well. :p

7. THand

THand

Jun 9, 2008
    Makes perfect sense to me. I'm really sick of seeing beautiful people thinking they don't measure up to some make-believe standard, and develop all sorts of problems...and all of it begins with TV.

8. THand

THand

Jun 9, 2008
    I have 2010 Hwy One, but that sounds sweet...I really like LPB, too. Haven't had a chance to listen to the clips yet. I love folks posting OT stuff. It makes it more human, and I like getting to know more about the regulars in here. Kinda fun going thru life with everyone, IMO:)

9. THand

THand

Jun 9, 2008
    She had me at "Whooa, where'd the pic go",lol.;)

10. Tat2dHeart

Tat2dHeart Only two strings away from an attitude problem.

I'm jealous. Next trip that way, I wanna play through that Bassman, m'kay?

11. Tat2dHeart

Apparently weird plastic surgery is the name of the game if you want to be gorgeous and wanted. I'm to the point in my life where you either love me for me (curves and all) or you're simply not worth my time. Yeah, it makes my dating life a little slower and shopping for clothes a lot harder, but I'm a whole lot happier than when I was stressed out about whether or not I was pretty enough to be wanted.

12. Tat2dHeart

He's a man of mystery, darlin'. Part of his job is to keep that mystery alive so you always want more of him. And from what I can see, it's working! ;)

13. BassGen

BassGen

Mar 15, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    I had put my Geddy aside after I bought my Jetglo Ric. I was basically forcing myself to play something different. Well last time the band was over I pulled out my Geddy again. I hadn't been ignoring it. As a converted guitar player the Geddy neck was thin and fast and was immediately comfortable. My P has a huge neck and I wasn't as comfortable with it. Same for the 4003 Ric. Neck felt big and unwieldly to me so I decided I just needed to keep at it and learn how to handle it.

But as for the Geddy....

Comfortable.

Plays great.

Growls Low Loud and Proud.

Sounds awesome, feels great.

Mine is all stock (as in my profile pic). It is one sweet bass for sure!

14. THand

THand

Jun 9, 2008
    +10000

15. Tat2dHeart

HAHAHAHA!!!!!! They have made "being late" an art form. There was at least 15 full minutes of booing when the rumor went through the building that there weren't enough people in the venue to justify them playing at all. That was followed by the entire arena singing Bon Jovi to the stage crew (Livin' on a Prayer).

IMHO - Dizzy Reed stole the show. When he was introduced, he left his piano bench perch that was hidden in the corner and came out to dance onstage in the center spotlight. In the rest of the darkness, they wheeled out this amazing baby grand piano and he played the most beautiful instrumental version of Baba O'Riley I've ever heard.

After that - Tommy Stinson. He didn't solo like all the rest of the band, but he rocked the stage when he was on it.

It was DJ Absha's debut in the states with Gnr - and he was, quite frankly, much better than I expected. He solo'd The Wall. And Ron Thal solo'd The Pink Panther. It was an interesting night with a better set than I thought they'd have. I was a LOT fearful that it would be mostly stuff from Chinese Democracy, but they played a LOT of old GnR. They closed the show with Paradise City, which turned into a 15 minute shredfest.

16. Consider it done, your "Tat-ness"!

17. Tat2dHeart

I want the recipe for those cake flavored jello shots.

18. Tat2dHeart

Awww....you're so sweet. My next trip to Pitt will be a road trip. I'm driving and I'll bring the bass family. You can play Dingwall - after all, turn about is fair play.

Oh yeah - friendly reminder - do you have a tab of that walking bass line we were playing with in the store? I can't remember all of it but I LIKED it. It reminded me of some song my mom used to play on piano when I was little.

19. THand

THand

Jun 9, 2008
    Paradise City is one of the best songs ever

20. WackoStu

WackoStu

Dec 6, 2010
    Sturtevant WI
    FM, Thanks for the heads up on TB'er lavmonga and his headstock decal skills. I told him the image seen in my head, and he came up with this:

poseidon.jpg

It's perfect and will look awesome on the C.A.R. headstock!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.