Chick VS Chick w/Bass: Six Shooter

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by The Deej, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WackoStu

WackoStu

Dec 6, 2010
    Sturtevant WI
    Your videos are always welcome, and yes, we are all friends here. Thats what makes this work.

2. Tat2dHeart

Tat2dHeart Only two strings away from an attitude problem.

Stu - THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!

3. WackoStu

WackoStu

Dec 6, 2010
    Sturtevant WI
    This sounds sooo sweet. Like a cross between zep style blues with some sweet 60's jazz. ALl yoou guys were feeling it, and it shows.

4. THand

THand

Jun 9, 2008
    That's pretty cool!

5. WackoStu

WackoStu

Dec 6, 2010
    Sturtevant WI
    I know, right. It's like he could see past the empty spaces in my head to the small good idea section and copied it.

6. WackoStu

WackoStu

Dec 6, 2010
    Sturtevant WI
    I think so too, and worth every penny.

7. I love the Lake Placid blue. I wish my Geddy was this color. Who did you have paint it? I wouldn't mind doing this to mine if the price was reasonable.

8. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Thanks man. Those guys are good, and the warm up was free and easy. Working with a good horn player is always a lot of fun, opens up a whole new groove in the sound.

BassGen,I also have my original Geddy in black poly. I did add a hipshot detuner to that as well. I bought it from Pickles in CA. Has the pup cover and Seymour Duncan Antiquity II's. They have a lot of bottom.

I bought a second one from Cheezwiz and tricked it out. It has replacement knobs and a push pull series parallel swith on a pullout knob on the volume.

I liked to black one so much that I bought another to mod. Those 2 cover 90% of my needs. I have small hands so the P Bass neck is like a Louisville Slugger to me.

9. Big O? Did your wife give you that nickname? :D

10. Thor

Mine was done by Noll Guitars locally. It wasn't that cheap. All the poly removed and 10 coats of thin nitro plus top coat. There is a guy in Somerville MA named Krishna who is more reasonable, The Guitar Garage. The Guitar Garage

He has done nice work for a lot of the MA guys I know. Does a good job.

11. Dingwall? Oooo Baby!!! Of course you will have to help me explain "Dingwall lust" to Jackie in person.

I'll get that tab ready for you. I just have to sit down with my bass and tab paper and make it happen. Is there any key in particular that you want me to write it in?

12. When you say 'double' is that to thwack two people at once, or is it to give one person a double thwack...like one on each cheek? :p

13. WOW!!!!!

14. :smug:

15. You're welcome. Very cool. :)

16. Tat2dHeart

Tat2dHeart Only two strings away from an attitude problem.

I think we were starting it in G and from there to C, then D. Maybe. I think? So...yeah...that will work. If that's what we were really doing. Once I have it in whatever we were doing, then I can transpose it to whatever else I want it in.

When it comes to Dingwall lust, there's really no explaining it. Just tell her that it's got a REALLY REALLY super-high WP-Factor, then clue her in to what WP really is. I've never met a woman who didn't appreciate anything that generated a high WP-Factor, even if they called it something else.

17. Um...insatiable is the word that keeps coming to mind here...you could give a little more and still be wanted. :p

18. Thor

Figured you'd be the first to comment on that, Cheeky Monkey. I was envisioning a single user double impact thwacker. One for each sweet spot. That leaves another participant free to wreak havoc elsewhere. :bag:

19. Grrr.....there's only so much teasing I can take before I have to take matters into my own hands. :D

Want to go stalk....um, I mean, on vacation with me? I've been think somewhere like, oh, I don't know, maybe Cali....and since we're on that coast, well, a trip to Seattle....

20. BassGen

BassGen

Mar 15, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Serious? Sorry but I have to ask. I change stations if it comes on my radio. For a lot of reasons too.

This list is not the reasons but just some personal notes.

1) The GnR version is a cover.
    2) Axl's voice, on this song in particular to me (my opinion, yours may vary) is like fingernails on a chalkboard.
    3) There like 2 verses and then they repeat the chorus 873 times to fill out the song.

(Well OK, I always thought Axl's voice was nasty but I admit that is my opinion)

Then there's that second issue I have which is his utter contempt for his fans. The "late" issue? That's not cute and it's not nice. It's Axl never really gave a S*** that people were paying to see him.

My respect for him? 0

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.