Do you hang your basses up on your wall?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by soong, Sep 4, 2021.

1. steimlem

steimlem

Apr 30, 2020
    i tried hanging up 3 guitars/basses on my walls very recently. the hangers were very sturdy. i could tug and they wouldn't budge.. but still..every day i felt uneasy about them hanging. not only that but i found i actually used them less when they were on the wall rather than a multi floor stand. repurposed them as hat hangers and a wreath hanger and went back to using my floor stand. always wanted to try the wall hangers and glad i got it out of my system, but they're not for me. different strokes

Schizo Sapiens and DwaynieAD like this.
  2. I'll give you this one. I definitely spend too much time admiring my wall art and not enough playing

ShawnG likes this.
  3. Here's mine

Attached Files:

MMiller28 likes this.
  4. Pep

Pep Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    Yes,I have 4 hanging and 8 in cases.

5. villegastx

villegastx

Jul 22, 2016
    garland texas
    You even have a guard cat onsite. You are really taking this zhit seriously ‍⬛

postalflunkie likes this.
  6. DECEMBER

DECEMBER

Jul 14, 2021
    Just make sure you screw it into a stud. I musta got a cheap studfinder, cuz the first hanger I put up for the bass, it said there was a stud there, but it started pulling out after a couple months, so I took it off and checked again and the studfinder now showed the stud about 2 inches from where the screws were. So now they're both definitely in the studs, you can feel it when the screw is going in, and these guitars aren't gonna be falling off this time. I pulled on the hangers pretty damn hard and they're solid.

ctmullins likes this.
  7. Here's mine -
    The-Wall 05-20 - 1.jpg

StevieMac and DrThumpenstein like this.
  8. DrThumpenstein

DrThumpenstein Living for the groove Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2015
    St Louis, MO
    Looks like it’s a tossup between the Martins and the parrots

9. Marko 1

Marko 1 Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    Eight guitars and basses hanging in the man cave. Floor space is taken with other important stuff I can't hang up.

10. Marko 1

Marko 1 Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    The couple hangers I couldn't screw into studs, I used those bolts with those butterfly nuts that open up behind the drywall, and those work real well. :)

DECEMBER likes this.
  11. mikeoso

mikeoso Acoustic Curmudgeon

Feb 14, 2014
    eastern Iowa
    If we just go on numbers, the birds win.
    newamazon16.jpg

TerribleTim68 and DrThumpenstein like this.
  12. HeavyJazz

HeavyJazz Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    The Taylor is always out, hanging on the wall in the livingroom, but otherwise I generally rotate having 3 electrics accessible by the home rig. Unless I'm working on a tune with the EUB, then things start getting a bit crowded.

21.03.31b.jpg

13. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    My ‘72 Jazz hangs proudly on the wall!

D4B916BF-C0BB-4294-BDB0-0A0D90E57203.jpeg

shredace and DrThumpenstein like this.
  14. Dr Cryptosis

Dr Cryptosis

Dec 19, 2020
    My basses hang on the wall just fine but I do find it a bit more challenging to hang my dual 18” and 4-10” speaker cabinets on the wall not to mention my Traynor 300 head. I guess its not just about saving space. Lol.

15. ShawnG

ShawnG Gold Supporting Member

May 2, 2020
    Ft Worth, TX
    Nice collection!

16. PrairieThunder13

PrairieThunder13

Dec 21, 2015
    Tell me about that modded out 4001, it's crazy cool

17. Mebsuta

Mebsuta

Mar 16, 2014
    Mine are all leaning against the wall in the hallway. The chain reaction when they all fell down sounded better than I do. I would hang them up, but I don't want to put holes in the wall and it would make my house look like a hipster dive.

18. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Sure do. The only time they get put in the case is when they're leaving the house. IMG_1638 (3).JPG

DrThumpenstein likes this.
  19. dougazbass

dougazbass Supporting Member

May 6, 2011
    Mesa, AZ
    There used to be a place in Phoenix off of Osborne, I think call "The Guitar Tree". In the front yard was this tree full of cheap guitars.
    I bought a real nice Hilgen Basso Grande Amp/Cab there. Cool piece.

20. GTHintz

GTHintz

Jan 9, 2018
    California
    Mine are in the cases tucked away in the corner. I keep my number 1 on the outside as I'm always wanting to play that 1 vs the other 2. If I had a nice place to hang them I would in a heartbeat though.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 2, 2021