1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Rumble V3 100 speaker up-grade ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Davyo, Oct 11, 2016.

1. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    Nice. I may have to get the Beta 12A. I hope it sounds better than the basslite I installed. I've already installed the sound barrier foam in the cab. It sounds nice and tight.

2. The Beta 12A sounds very similar to the S2012 across the entire range. What is it about the S2012 that you want to address with a new driver? Something about the bass... upper mids...? Did you retune the cabinet for optimum results?

3. BassBeginer64

BassBeginer64 Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Riverside Ca
    I went with the Beta from Eminence's advice when upgrading, stated either speaker would work better than the OEM speaker, i was not worried about weight.
    I did the 100 Rumble with the Beta and a 75 watt Rumble with the Neo, both sounded great - the Beta had some more fuller volume - guessing extra 25 watts and just a bit more sensitivity over the Neo lite - to me these were just practice amps not gig cabs.
    Sad part they are all sold now - went to some happy T/B members.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  4. BassBeginer64

Aug 6, 2018
    Riverside Ca
    Wanna really blow your mind, upgrade a rumble 25 watt,The wife was complaining she can hear me in the driveway when playing, never farted out once when the Eminence American Standard Alpha-8A was installed.

Miles_ONeal and wctesla like this.
  5. wctesla

wctesla

Jul 8, 2018
    I might have to try that with my LT25...I have been playing it through the headphone out into the aux in on my Behringer head into the Beta 12A2 in my makeshift vented cab and it sounds pretty darned good at even medium volumes (no seeming excess noise or anything). I get the new Rumble 100 tomorrow, anxious to play with it...:bassist:

6. BassBeginer64

Aug 6, 2018
    Riverside Ca
    Any one get wild and try to put a horn in Rumble 100 yet, never knew about the threaded Betas that you could attach a HF Driver, darn expensive tweeter..... plus L pad and Crossover required, but still would be a fun project cab.
    Oh P.M. me I have an extra BASELITE12- Never used - but modded for a Rumble install that I never got to do - I'll give ya deal on it shipped.
    // Beta 12 CX: BETA-12CX - Loudspeakers | Eminence Speaker
    // PSD:2013-8: PSD:2013-8 - Drivers | Eminence Speaker

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    LoveJackBruce and dralionux like this.
  7. BTW - False alarm, there was no glue. Once I applied a bit of force with a paint scraper the unbolted speaker popped off.

8. Those beta CX drivers are cool in concept. I don't know of too many people using them or a similar driver in practice, though. I'm tracking the core concept - it's kinda like coaxial drivers that you see in car audio - it'll give a better "single point source" response that can be a lot easier to work out dispersion and stuff off axis (and a boatload of stuff that I'm also not aware of, I'm sure). It also allows you to get a more full frequency response in the same/similar footprint without having to make extra holes. Let us know how it turns out :)

That can happen, sometimes. Maybe the paint either on the baffle or speaker wasn't fully "cured" when they bolted them together and they just stuck.

9. Miles_ONeal

Miles_ONeal Wrangler of Raucous Thunder Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    Has anyone tried more than one of the above recommended speakers? If so, what were the differences? Thanks.

(I mainly play EADG basses, but will soon have a BEAD bass online.)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  10. BassBeginer64

Aug 6, 2018
    Riverside Ca
    its a cost vs weight, beta is less cost than the neo

Miles_ONeal likes this.
  11. Miles_ONeal

Miles_ONeal Wrangler of Raucous Thunder Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    Thanks, what I'm looking for is how they sound and otherwise perform. I saw the prices and specs.

12. jmcgliss

jmcgliss

Apr 30, 2007
    Chicago
    I've used my Rumble 100 with the Beta 12A at loud rehearsals with a 4-piece for several months. Just started using my POG octaver on a few songs as well. There is a pronounced volume boost from the better efficiency rating. I feel I can play more dynamically. It's holding up well and a good match for the Chi-Sonic pickups.

13. BeckerFan

BeckerFan Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2017
    I hope someone will (i) see this and (ii) be kind enough to offer an opinion and / or advice.

My Rumble 100 is fine with one possible exception [I can't be sure it's the amp because I am a complete know-nothing when it comes to the technical points raised in this thread]. Anyway, I've had a series of Fender P and PJ basses that all have or had a "muffling" problem on the D string from as low as F up to C. An American-made Geddy Lee I sent back to Sweetwater had the same problem. I concluded it had to be a Fender problem but I'm having a similar [but not as bad] problem with the used Marleaux Votan I've had for about 10 days.

I've EQ'ed the amp every which way and done the same kind of experimenting with the active preamp in the bass. I can't make the problem go away [it's actually G-C, most noticeable at A&B, on the Votan]. The guitar really shines through the amp in every other way, e.g. great clear low growl on the E string, A string is fine all the way up and the G string is as bright and articulate was I want it to be.

The amp is the common denominator here. Any thoughts? Thanks.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 12, 2021