1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gig Footwear?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by IamGroot, Mar 14, 2019 at 2:42 AM.

1. mdlewis

mdlewis

Jan 1, 2005
    Boston Metro
    Used to be biker boots, than cowboy boots and now these.
    IMG_3274.

bombpop14 and hrodbert696 like this.
  2. arbiterusa

arbiterusa

Sep 24, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Really good sneakers for most gigs; my really good dress shoes for formal stuff. I have found as I age, footwear gets really important. Great thread.

3. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I have a pair of those! Boot height. They look awesome.

I wear all kinds of different things at different gigs, but I've been leaning away from sneakers lately and more towards Beatle boots or similar - things with a more narrow toe. It's a little more tiring on the feet by the end of the night, but looks sharper and a narrow toe is helpful for tapdancing on pedalboards.

4. 3bc

3bc Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Chicago Burbs
  5. xnewyorka

xnewyorka Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2006
    NYC Area
    Van's used to make styles like that back in the day. Not sure if they still do.

6. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

I play bass, so I wear bass...

[​IMG]

7. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Sometimes I wear my Crocs:

[​IMG]

8. Fun fact, these are the number 1 selling sneakers year after year.

TheReceder likes this.
  9. noahw1

noahw1

Jul 22, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    New Balance 990v4s. Super comfortable, supportive, and great for standing for long periods of time.

10. packhowitzer

packhowitzer 155mm of pure destruction

Apr 20, 2011
    Atlanta
    upload_2019-3-14_20-39-27.

11. dan1952

dan1952 Commercial User

Jun 27, 2012
    Anderson IN
    Artist Endorsement with Supro Huntington Basses / Owner, Dan's Music, Inc..
    New Balance running shoes for everything, with Nikken magnets at all times. Black for formal wear, various colors for other clothes. Just got a pair of chukka boots that I wear to church, Very comfortable, and they look good. Our church is very informal.

12. 2112

Apr 30, 2005
    Typically socks & sandals.

no-wear16. 125625938_socks-with-sandals-750x500.

Fxpmusic and TheReceder like this.
  13. Fxpmusic

Fxpmusic

Jul 5, 2013

Thread winner! I’d fall of a stage a die in front a crowd on something like that! I have a hard time walking with sneakers.

catcauphonic likes this.
  14. Jscriv

Jscriv

Feb 3, 2017
    I wear vans. Or vans. Sometimes boots if it's winter time

15. Mainly the more classic styles adidas makes for gigs. I’ve had about every color combination. Lately it’s been gray and white like these ones. I have a pair that I only wear for gigs.
    192DE865-0C18-484B-954E-1BF4E3B8931C.

Funny thing is even for more dressed up stuff like going to church Or when I was playing jazz gigs Id wear the brown leather superstars lol.
    DC22122A-7865-45F3-B78D-5F222C758B03.

16. Richard Martin

Richard Martin Estimator Extraordinaire Supporting Member

May 13, 2015
    Greenville, NC
    I have worn these boots to every show for the last 3 years. In our band the drummer is the only guy allowed on stage without boots on and he wears black Chucks. We try to portray a professional image and that is kinda hard to do if you're wearing shorts, green socks and sandles. IMG_20190314_211334584.

17. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    Get flack for 'em but they are comfortable and polish up real nice, side zip, steel toes. Below was a a mud-pit with severe mosquito infestation, put the mosquito "hat" on during teardown as-shown.
    MosquitoShoes.

Was concerned about flack of not wearing "proper footwear" but this guy wear full boots too:
    BillySheehan LiveShoes.

If we do a show at a gun range/hunting event OR freezing-cold rodeo gig outdoors about 2 weeks ago, snake boots stay on. Got matching camo pants and shirt for the gun range/hunting events.
    HLSR 2019 WineGardenFxd.

Attached Files:

18. Tnavis

Tnavis

Feb 25, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Well, if I'm wearing shorts on stage, Chuck Taylor's. Otherwise, for my original gigs, it's usually a pair of tactical boots. They're comfortable and water resistant. For "Sunday best" style gigs, i have a pair of nice dress shoes that i'll wear.

19. Orange high top Chuck Taylors, black J&M penny loafers, or black Chelseas with a shine for more formal gigs.

20. Juststanley

Juststanley Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Tejas
    boxers or briefs? tampons or pads? jeez !