1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

School bans tag

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by guy n. cognito, Oct 18, 2006.

1. EmmSee

EmmSee

May 23, 2004
    Boston, MA
    i thought you meant the Tag body spray...

wow, banning the game of tag, the sad thing is... i believe it.

PC Police!

2. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    I am all for this banned. This one time I remember in school I saw a fat kid running to cafeteria to get in front of everyone in lunch line. Well you know the story; because he was fat he ran out of breath and felt down. He didn’t hurt himself or anything but his pride was dead. Right now I am trying to ban lunch in our schools. Who is with me?

3. 69nites

69nites

Jul 11, 2006
    Chicago
    I blame this all on Dr. Phil.....

4. Same.

5. I also thought this was in reference to the body spray - the real case is even more ridiculous, though.

I honestly can't express how idiotic I find this to be.

6. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
  7. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I say let's just ban fat kids.........

:bag:

I don't think OHSA can regulate a device that protects one's pride, but they'll try.

8. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    They did in some schools. They banned dodgeball because "kids who aren't good at dodgeball do not get picked for a team and their pride hurt".

9. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    "Now children, take out your safety pencils and a circle of paper."

Graeme

10. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    The paper must be safety-grade, too - a kid can still get a papercut with circular copy paper. The only solution is extra-thick, circular construction paper - who could possibly be hurt by construction paper?

Then again, if someone makes a paper airplane... I think the kids need googles, too. :meh:

And what if someone eats the paper and chokes on it? Oh no... maybe we should ban paper and start using our imaginations instead!

But then again, our imaginations are dangerous... just look at Columbine or any other recent school shooting. Perhaps we should ban imagination too... and go back to a teaching method that prohibits thinking outside of the pre-determined box. :D

11. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    Oh my god... when will people finally accept that every single person is different? So what - some people find it harder to win at tag (or touch as we called it, but that's probably politically incorrect now :rollno:) than others... well that's what drives people to win at the damn game! If people didn't feel bad about themselves then they wouldn't put in the extra effort to feel good about themselves... that's what causes us to strive to improve ourselves; the thought of being better than everyone else. if they make that illegal, and I'm sure sooner or later it will be illegal to be better than someone else, then I'm just going to sell everything and move to the desert far away from everyone and everything else...

argh!

12. I'm all for banning Tag and Axe in schools, because teen boys are dumb enough to believe the ads and spray their whole bodies with that foul-smelling stuff.

As for banning the game, well, you shouldn't blame the school. The only reason they're doing it is to cover their asses from the modern parent's rampant litigiousness.

13. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Idiots

But, it's partially if not completely the result of a society where you can sue your neighbour because the grass in his garden is too long.

"Oh you dropped coffee on my leg! Lawsuit!"

:rollno: :rollno:

14. they did that at one of my schools a few years back, the kids bassically had a rebellion, meaning a huge game of tag, they couldn't punish all of us

edit: Adding in the other stuff in this thread that has been done at my schools:

tag body spray and axe are outlawed in the lockerrooms (you might spray it in someones face)
    at the school that banned tag (the game), sports balls were also banned. this didn't work well, so instead they planted trees in the feild to make it impossible for us to play football
    they banned oragammi when a kid folded paper into "ninja stars" and threw them at people
    I have been told multiple times to "think inside the box" the teachers who tell me that are the ones I ignore for the rest of the time

not in this thread:
    one of my teachers banned speaking anything other than english in the class room because kids were insulting each other in korean and she couldn't interfeere because she couldn't understand

15. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Out of spite I will transform a particle accelerator into a child accelerator. Colliding children at relativistic speeds as a form of protest!

16. they banned balls? how can you ban balls.

17. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    I'm just waiting for the day when some kid gets stabbed in the throat with a pencil, and they decide to ban all pens and pencils in school.

18. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I'd buy that kid a drink (assuming he was now legally old enough).

I can't stand it when people pick on fat people who accept they have a problem and are often quite down about it. I fight for those kids :scowl:

19. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Cool... I'll take that drink... :D

I mean what? I am not fat... I am big bones!

20. My school banned Pokemon/Digimon/Yu Gi Oh game cards when I was at 4th grade.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021