1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Share your guitar G.A.S.!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Atshen, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Atshen

Mar 13, 2003
    Grim Cold Québec
    Acoustic, electric, nylon, whatever... Share your guitar G.A.S.!

Personally, I'm torn between these two:

Stumbo and ObsessiveArcher like this.
  2. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth

Jan 2, 2015
    heart of darkness
    I went through many many double-locking vibrato system guitars after I sold my B.C. Rich with the Original Floyd Rose, and finally came to the conclusion that I'd never find another that held the strings as well as that B.C. Rich did/does.
    So, I finally settled on fixed bridge, string-through:

I still GAS for one of these:

3. Atshen

Mar 13, 2003
    Grim Cold Québec
    My problem with trems (apart from the fact that many of them won't stay in tune) is that the pickups will catch the noise from the goddamn springs in the back...

That LTD is gorgeous, by the way!
    Killed_by_Death likes this.
  4. Killed_by_Death

Jan 2, 2015
    heart of darkness

My problem with vibrato bridges is that Leo Fender convinced everyone to call them "tremolos" :smug:
  5. twinjet

twinjet What does God need with a starship?

Sep 23, 2008
    I'd love an Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor-II, but I have no business owning a guitar over $50 in value.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  6. image.
    Gassing for a nice Tele forever, so I finally bought myself one.
    Got this off CL for a great price, played it for a few years and sold it to a buddy who can actually play for a small profit. It is a great guitar.
    Stumbo, Aberdumbie and Atshen like this.
  7. Atshen

Mar 13, 2003
    Grim Cold Québec
    Just checked the Joe Pass and it's really pretty!
    Stumbo and twinjet like this.
  8. Atshen

Mar 13, 2003
    Grim Cold Québec
    Wow! Teles are just so cool! That top looks great!
  9. Aberdumbie

Aberdumbie Gold Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2016
    South Carolina
    I JUST gassed up..... But thank you for the opportunity anyway!

Atshen and TinyE like this.
  10. bassdude51

bassdude51 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio
    If I could play a damn electric guitar, these 2 are at the top of my GAS list.

Off hand, they might look the same but we are seeing a 2 pickup Fender USA Telecaster and a 1 pickup Fender USA Esquire (not Squire). These 2 guitars are it! The only guitars worth owning! (Sorry for the dogma but it's true!

11. When it comes to Floyd Rose or any similar double locking system, you get what you pay for. The cheap ones may be ok for a while but the pivot points aren't well hardened, if at all, and wear quickly.

As far as spring noise, there are some coated springs that are supposed to help. I haven't tried them yet.
    Atshen and Killed_by_Death like this.
  12. Killed_by_Death

Jan 2, 2015
    heart of darkness
    All you have to do is stuff the springs with something, I think most use sponge

My problem with the cheap double-locking guitars is that the strings slip, either at the nut or at the bridge.
    I'm admittedly rough on them, pulling up on the bar, and the Original Floyd & the Ibanez Original Edge were the only ones that could stand up to it.
    Atshen likes this.
  13. woodyng2

woodyng2 Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Oregon Coast
    I am semi-lousy at guitar playing,(mostly a rhythm strummer),but i’d really like one of the new Danelectro 12 strings. They have one of the easiest-playing necks i’ve tried.
    Atshen likes this.
  14. micguy

May 17, 2011
    I don't/can't play 6 string guitar. This is one gas thread I'll have to pass.
    Atshen, Fender_Bender and Chrome Dome like this.
  15. I want guitar to sound always like this.
  16. James Collins

James Collins

Mar 25, 2017
    Augusta, GA
    That is the main guitar I want.

But I always have a sweetspot for this one even though I have absolutely no need for it.
  17. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    I'd love to get an 80s Yamaha SBG 2000.
  18. meatwad

Apr 9, 2008
    Smallville, USA
    Right here, baby...
    Atshen likes this.
  19. About the closet thing to a Guitar that I want. Might build something similar out of warmoth parts some day. Basically a piccolo bass type setup on a tiny Guitar sized instrument.

Marleaux piccolo bass.
    Atshen likes this.
  20. I'm really happy with my gold 2000 Ibanez RG570. It makes me want to play it.
    But I oftentimes wish I had a really nice Stratocaster. :cool:
    Also would like to get a nylon string with a rounded body and a cutaway. This one is a Takamine but still not sure which brand I'd get. Would need to go try a bunch to be sure.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Stumbo and Atshen like this.