1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Show me your compact pedalboard setup

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by garmenteros, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Corigan

Corigan Addicted to Shaking Walls Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2021
    Outside of Atlanta, GA
    Imagine trying to diagnose a buzz in the signal.

chupacerveza and krdp_nsk like this.
  2. Cheap? It’s all comparable... if you need a custom length or are trying to Tetris your board / solderless packs for 5 cables is about 100 aud and custom length ebs or equivalent is about 8-10 for one... sure it’s cheaper than a darkglass pedal at 350aud but it’s not 2$ or anything when it starts to add up!

3. Ahahahah, my cheekbones already hurt from laughter:woot::roflmao::laugh:

But still, I am firmly convinced that sincere creativity is outside of politics!

4. By the way, yesterday I learned about such a program (Zoom Effect Manager), I will try it now..

I even found an option to make it so that in MS-60B use 6 effects in a chain (!!!BUT IT IS NECESSARY TO REMEMBER: EVERYTHING IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND FEAR!!!)

Zoom Effect Manager is a program for managing the list of effects in pedals and effect processors for guitars and basses Zoom MS-50g, MS-60B, MS-70CDR, G1on, G1Xon, B1on and B1Xon.

The program changes the original utilities for updating the firmware, only the list of effects changes, the firmware of the pedals remains original. It turns out to flash any effect from the MS-50g, MS-60B, MS-70CDR, G1on, G1Xon, B1on and B1Xon pedals into any of them.

ATTENTION! DO NOT INTERRUPT THE FIRMWARE PROCESS, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS CAN DAMAGE THE PEDAL FIRMWARE!

System requirements: Windows 7 or newer
    Current version: 1.1.1
    Download: Zoom Effect Manager - 1.1.1.zip

Giraffe likes this.
  5. MYLOWFREQ

MYLOWFREQ Supporting Member

May 13, 2011
    Updated board:

20210225_175648.jpg 20210225_175505.jpg

6. Peaveylover

Peaveylover Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2019
    I really like this one. The Boss Limiter is amazing. I stupidly sold mine, but definitely want another one. Nothing smoothed out and punched up my sound like that pedal.

MYLOWFREQ likes this.
  7. MYLOWFREQ

MYLOWFREQ Supporting Member

May 13, 2011
    Thanks! And I put the "Enhance" knob on a footswitch w/ a dedicated LED, so I leave the limiter always on, and hit the "Enhance" switch for slapping etc.

kranahan, Mk90 and Peaveylover like this.
  8. Peaveylover

Dec 6, 2019
    Super cool.

9. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. jobu3

jobu3 ¿Huevos?! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    C7BF7479-41EC-4DE2-A394-598D7F8ACBCE.jpeg
    This is my OD board that I take everywhere. One OD or the other is always on in if not both for a cool cascade effect. My big board follows as appropriate and necessary for synth and/or modulation.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  11. NerdyOcean

NerdyOcean Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2020
    North Carolina
    It is a very sensitive amp like overdrive. Great because it is really versitile, small, and sounds great. I posted something about it a while back. Let me see if I can find it. I get enough questions about it that I really need to do a thread with sound samples/videos.

EDIT: found it!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    The Diaper Geni and cnltb like this.
  12. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Agreed! ;)

13. That massive collection is Mosfed's, not mine. I gleebed the pic from an old Pedal Breeder thread.

Anyway, this is the *ahem* compact pedalboard thread. Compact is subjective though...

14. Peaveylover

Dec 6, 2019
    I like this idea. I am doing the same thing. small dirt board and small mod board. COmbine when necessary.

jobu3 likes this.
  15. Board update. Decided to put the looper on since I’m not gigging for the time being. Was short a cable for the cioks but was able to eventually get it all going using the shure factory power supply and the cioks together, it’ll do until I can get some more cioks cables. Princess Stinker Puddin the cat hanging out as usual. One spot is just for backup purposes and trying extra pedals. I just pulled it out because all my extra patch cables were tangled up in it. Gotta have the “tone brush”
    9D42D43B-0251-4D10-A843-3E01CCD6F91B.jpeg 29FA9265-2E52-4543-99C0-0393904138DF.jpeg 624F0D5B-969F-4037-8CE3-0E755DDEE769.jpeg 729B6935-7C5A-45BA-875E-6F0D8D32719A.jpeg

16. @Nephilymbass betting Princess Stinker Puddin was a lot of help.

FB_IMG_1608311660522.jpg Blue Box Benny sez hi.

Nephilymbass likes this.
  17. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Northumberland, UK
    Is the board in the bottom left a photo?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  18. As mentioned in another subsequent post to the one you quoted, those boards are not mine. I was simply making a point that patch cables are not cheap — at least not quality ones, and certainly not if you have a lot of pedals and a lot of boards.

rice-and-chessboard-picture.jpg It adds up quickly...

19. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Northumberland, UK
    Oh I saw, I was just assuming you might have more info on the photo seeing as you originally saw it in situ. You're right about patch cables. I used to balk at the cost of the solderless kits where it's sort of £200 in one go, but then you add it all up and they often come out cheaper. Pleased I only need 2 patch cables!

20. jeep

jeep

Jan 26, 2021
    Baton Rouge, La.
    20210210_185500.jpg keepin it simple

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 19, 2021