Dingwall Owners Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FroggyOne2, Jan 7, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Jack Deth

Jack Deth

May 7, 2020
    Missouri
    Just pulled the trigger on a new Ferrari Green NG3-5. It’ll keep my Mopar NG3-6 company, and no doubt my wife angry (angrier actually).

2. Spooge

Spooge Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2014
    Missouri
  3. yo dude, quick q as someone who just ordered an NG6. Why the additional NG5? Probably obvious, but just curious. :)

4. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    It’s a Dingwall Owners Addiction Problem...

It’s hard to just have one

D.O.A.P...... pronounced, “Dope”

Omg, so that’s how this Saturday begins huh? Sorry in advance. :facepalm::bag:

5. Jack Deth

Jack Deth

May 7, 2020
    Missouri
    I want to string it F#BEAD, while leaving the 6 string in standard B-C.

seedokebass likes this.
  6. singlemalt

singlemalt Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2007
    White Salmon, WA
    “This bass? Honey, I’ve had this bass for years!”

7. Anyone got a wiring diagram for adding the 2x rotary switch in to the older (4 knob) combustion’s? I can’t seem to find diagrams anywhere. Thanks!

8. madmaskbass

madmaskbass

Apr 29, 2008
    Australia
    Hey guys, Well I am excited and also a bit shocked to say that I am joining the Dingwall world with a NG3 6 string in Black.

I have been a lover of the idea and looks of Dingwall basses for a long time but I must admit that with the rise of the Dingwall/Darkglass ultra processed distortion tones in the genre I, like many, Pigeonholed the instrument and If i am quite honest come to not like that sound when i hear it. That being said I am a huge huge Nolly fan and respect completely what he does for the genre and love his complexity in playing and textures in bass production.

So...Why then have I paid top dollar (including import fees) to Australia for one.....
    As I said I love the look and idea of these basses for a long time but the tipping poing has been watching Zach Riser and this:

The convincing P like tone and that parallel Stringray type tone is incredible, mixed with the beauty that the massive maple neck and fanned frets I have been more and more interested. Watching all Zachs videos and his gorgeous AB always made me want that bass.
    I wanted a black bass and 6 with the 3 pickups and I found one for sale in Australia and I was hours off having the money ready and it was sold after I had already pulled the trigger in my head...so from then on the hunt began. Found one in Ireland of all places with decent shipping and price so it's on its way.

I have never played one before so a big leap of faith but i feel it will be a good one. I must admit though that if I bond with the bass it will go through a fair bit of mods to make it my own including: Full black Hardware, 6 way mod and most likely preamp change. If I really really love it then I would love to go back to a maple headstock with recessed tuning pegs like the AB. I love modding and building basses so this is normal for me...

Anyway will update on arrival. Pretty keen I now have to say goodbye to some of my musch loved collection to make room that aren't being used as I still have a Wal 6 on order in a few years so getting rid of a few 5's that collect dust.

9. Wretched Banana

Wretched Banana

Mar 7, 2020
    MA, US
    Jumping in with an NG3 5er in Ferrari Green. It’ll be a few more months until it gets to me. This thing looks ridiculous and I’m loving it, can’t wait to take it to totally inappropriate gigs.

10. Just looked on the Bass Direct website and the delivery for D-roc Standard 5 string's has been updated to May/June.

The excitement is back :)

11. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    We're well into May at this point. I'm hoping, hooopppiinnngg that means I hear a delivery date somewhat soon on my Z. I'm SO FLIPPIN' EXCITED FOR IT, but, oddly, I haven't touched any bass in about 4 months due to taking on new instruments (primarily drums). Gotta work in some woodshed time on bass so I can have a heap of fun once it arrives.

12. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Contact tech @ dingwall dot com

it should be pretty quick and easy if I remember correctly I did it with a OBP-2 on a different bass and it literally puts the switch in-between the pickups and the preamp in.

jonesn4bass likes this.
  13. hoopchala

hoopchala

Jun 1, 2016
    When did you place your order? I placed mine in July 2020...

14. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Nov 2019

15. hoopchala

hoopchala

Jun 1, 2016
    Thanks, and apparently I'll have to double down on meditation and mindfulness for another 6 months! Ugh...

16. Just for your consideration- I placed my order via Fretnation in January and the estimated delivery was April/May. So maybe not another 6 months, I hope.

17. johnsonabq

johnsonabq Watch out where the huskies go... Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    Just out of curiosity...
    Has anyone converted a D-Bird/D-Roc Standard to active by adding a preamp?

seedokebass likes this.
  18. seedokebass

seedokebass

Mar 21, 2009
    Minnesota
    I've been thinking about it but no clue what I'd go to. I keep thinking I'd want to try a Spector or Aguilar, maybe Sadowsky. Or Warwick, that might be cool.

Low End Lobster's review with an East Preamp was interesting though not exactly my cup of tea over speakers. Might be a different ballgame in person.

19. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    I think you’d be doing some heavy routing.

BurningSkies likes this.
  20. Yep, pretty small cavity in a D Bird. d bird wiring.jpg
    I dig it passive myself.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021