Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Problem was already sorted guys. I posted to reboot the router & amp right after that post & it solved the problem.

problem solved

2. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    He already got it going. All he had to do was reboot his router.

GonePlaid likes this.
  3. Killed_by_Death

:bored:

OldFunBass and GonePlaid like this.
  4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Okay, folks. I have hounded my sources, and have a few things to report.

First off, the 10" drivers in the Stage 800 combo are the same 16-ohm ceramic Eminence drivers used in the RB210 cab and 500 combo. The v3 410 cabinet uses an 8-ohm version of that same driver. The Studio uses the same OEM 10" 8-ohm driver used in the Rumble 40 combo.

Regarding the overall intent of the signal path of the Stage/Studio combos, they had this to say:

"The signal chain contained within the preset (FX, amp type, cab sim) is entirely processed PRE the FX LOOP, so they are present in the SEND but is NOT affected by MASTER. In fact, the FX SEND signals are nearly identical to the USB or XLR Line OUT, EXCEPT there is a user adjustable LEVEL setting in the settings menu for USB/Line Out (see page 57 of user manual). Note the XLR POST Line Out setting is summed to mono, when set to Stereo L & R they will be identical unless there is a true stereo effect present. I have done the experiment mentioned, connect Studio SEND to RETURN on a larger amp. This works fine, but you need to use the external amplifier MASTER volume (if present) as the MASTER on the Studio does not affect this signal path - as is the last element in the signal chain after FX RETURN and before speakers/phones.

The Stage/Studio tones are optimized to sound great with studio monitors (Flat response) and headphones, though ultimately the quality of the headphones will have some effect on the sound (as will the monitors). Both the Stage and Studio are also optimized (post FX SEND) when driving the main speakers of their respective cabinets for a similar experience (as that of the monitors, only louder). The forthcoming matching 210 cabinet (only a cosmetic change from blk/silver 210) has the same response as the Stage combo so is a perfect complement. Using other extension cabinets with Stage, or driving other systems from the SEND (or Line Outs) will impart the sonic imprint of those cabinets the same as any other cabinet pairing combination, which may or may not produce desirable results. All of the Rumble cabinets were designed to work and sound good together, and as such could be reasonably expected to work well as an extension cabinet for the Stage."

Hope this helps! Take care, Tom.

ricardol, jwindham, G-Dog and 10 others like this.
  5. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Paul was playing through a 50-watt silver faced Fender Bassman according to this Equipboard webpage.

The sticker on Paul's Hofner near the neck pickup is also from Fender and says, simply, BASSMAN according to this webpage.

:bassist:

6. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Sure fooled me! Now I'm even more impressed.

RedVee, Giffro, tombowlus and 2 others like this.
  7. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    That's the bottom line that makes sense to me!

Thank you, @tombowlus. Thank you, very much.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    RedVee, Giffro, tombowlus and 2 others like this.
  8. Inky13

Inky13

Nov 13, 2016
    Buffalo NY
    Scatabrain and GonePlaid like this.
  9. Jaycephas

Jaycephas Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Waxhaw, NC
    I’m loving my 500c more every time I play it. Practiced last night with my Sadowsky RV5 into my pedalboard (Aguilar TLC>Grizzly Bear>Broughton HP/LP) into the combo. It just made me smile, and cut through on every song. My back really loves the weight.

10. jayochs

jayochs

Apr 22, 2018
    i seriously love this rumble 800. it just sounds so much better and more professional than my old setup of the GK backline and the 4x15 cab. so much more awesome punch with my stingray and sounds amazing with the jazz's.

not too many youtube videos, so i'm going to have to do a gear review on this bad boy. just gotta lay down some good recordings.

jwindham, G-Dog, Giffro and 4 others like this.
  11. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    May the many blessings of Leo Fender rain down upon you brother @jayochs.
    :cool: Rumble On! :cool:

12. cbnutt

cbnutt

Jan 9, 2018
    Whats the story, details on the blonde rumble 200 ,s with the redish grill cloth , was it 250 made or so , and what was the year this was done ? Thanks . :) @Linnin

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    GonePlaid likes this.
  13. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    If you Google Blonde Rumble Amp, it'll tell you who has them.

cbnutt likes this.
  14. cbnutt

cbnutt

Jan 9, 2018
    I had said redish , but maybe more of a black grill cloth . curious about the year too , thanks .

GonePlaid likes this.
  15. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    As far as I know, it was last year, a limited run and L&M in Canada, at least, had some.

The one, perhaps limiting factor, was if there were/are any matching extension cabs available.

cbnutt and GonePlaid like this.
  16. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    I think "brown" was the new "Red/Black"...:)

GonePlaid and cbnutt like this.
  17. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    It's been raining for months it seems. South River way above flood stage, and roof on the shotgun shack I live in is leaking in three places. Time to play the blues! Broke out my 1976 Precision hot rod strung in what is now five year old GHS Precision flats for a spin. Perfect. Played through my new Studio 40 this morning/afternoon and my trusty Rumble 200 combo this afternoon/evening. I am blessed.
    :cool: Rumble On! :cool:

18. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    :woot: Woot! Thunder duet!! :woot:

Yo, @Linnin, how's about slaving the 200 to the Studio? Call it the "Stage 240"!?

:hyper:

GonePlaid likes this.
  19. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    I did that the first day I got it. In the V3 Rumble the effects return goes straight into the power amp wide open just like the auxiliary input. I had the volume down, but it surely will blow your roof clean off your shack ifffen ye aint careful! I tell you true, I do.

20. Killed_by_Death

Made that mistake with my Rumble, thru the Aux input. No volume control.
    I always assumed there'd be a vol. control using the Effects Return.

upload_2018-6-2_22-28-53.png

However, this diagram shows the Master being too early in the signal to have any control over the FX Return volume.

GonePlaid likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021