1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

XLNT SUPER CHEAP bass overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by johnk_10, Oct 28, 2013.

1. DagoMaino

DagoMaino

Feb 1, 2013
    I have other people tell me that theirs does not do this (I actually returned the first one I got and got another from a different Amazon seller)... Like I said, I haven't checked into it too much to try to see why, mine does this...

2. jacksonev94

jacksonev94 Supporting Member

May 12, 2012
    Lynchburg, VA
    Pulled the trigger on this one, can't wait to hear it through my Ashdown LB!

3. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    I'm thinking of giving the joyo sweet baby a try while my tube ddive is being repaired

4. The price was a bit too hard to resist. I placed my order.

5. huckleberry1

huckleberry1

Jul 1, 2013
    Mesquite, Texas
    student
    :hyper:mine will be her in a couple of days, $32 shipped...

6. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    Where did u find it for 32 shipped?

7. huckleberry1

huckleberry1

Jul 1, 2013
    Mesquite, Texas
    student
    $31.99 + $1 shipping= E-Bay

8. Sir Sly Ry

Sir Sly Ry

May 21, 2013
    I kind of want this but it sounds like it can get too aggressive pretty quickly, for an overdrive? I think I want both and overdrive and a fuzz, since they do different things. This seems like it gets into distortion mode pretty quickly. Hence I'm considering a different overdrive, even though it will be wayyyyy more expensive.

9. stonehenge

stonehenge

Apr 8, 2011
    Duvall WA
    I just ordered one of these too! Google "joyo ultimate drive controversy" for some interesting reading!

10. Camaro

Camaro

Sep 25, 2013
    Germany, NRW
    You talked me into it, johnk! I just ordered one as well.
    I hope its good for Sludge, Groove Metal and stuff like that.

Will report back, as soon as I get mine.

11. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    I will be doing a shoot out of the ultimate drive, amptweaker bass tightdrive, markbass mini dist, behringer bdi all the dirt i have on hand except fuzz

12. liveburning274

liveburning274

Mar 25, 2008
    Peoria, IL
    Awesome! Upload the test if you can. But this will be a helpful shootout for all of us.

13. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    Will throw my custom tube drive into the mix as well it runs a 9au7

14. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Wow
    Nice find; very entertaining.

15. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Mine just came in the mail. BTW, hats off to USPS...the company that sold it is in Cali, and I got it within 2 days. Not only that, but they did a crap packing job on it and it still arrived undamaged.

So the pedal...LOVE IT! Very easy to get a sound quickly, and as John said, no low end loss that I could hear. Plus it's got a tremendous range. Won't quite do fuzz, but honestly, it's so close to the sound that I use on my Team Awesome Fuzz Machine that I may forego the TAFM and just use the Joyo. Won't know for sure until I have another gig (tomorrow), but I think I could get by without it (EDIT: changed my mind about that, I think...not quite as heavy as the TAFM on the high notes...still will try it in its place, though).

Anyway, call me a happy camper. Time to velcro it up and stick it on the board!

16. avvie

avvie

Oct 12, 2010
    Maui, HI
    I am saddened....mine bit the Big One last night :( Just ordered another. I'd rather have an actual Fulltone OCD but I just can't swing that even at used prices.

17. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL

How'd it bite the dust?

18. avvie

avvie

Oct 12, 2010
    Maui, HI
    Went to click it on and sound disappeared. Band stopped playing and a rapid pulse beat was coming from cabinet. Light on pedal would not illuminate. Unplugged pedalboard, straight to amp, everything fine. Removed Joyo from pedalboard, everyhing fine. Conclusion: Joyo pedal dead.

19. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Qu├ębec
    I just pulled the trigger on one......:)