1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

XLNT SUPER CHEAP bass overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by johnk_10, Oct 28, 2013.

1. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    :)

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Good point, Zac!

3. DagoMaino

DagoMaino

Feb 1, 2013
    I just got my replacement and I ave the same odd signal boost issue...??? It's going into a parallel loop anyway so I just went ahead and modified the look and will throw it on my board...
    [​IMG]

4. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    That looks cool :cool:

5. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    Signal boost issue?

6. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    I'd be interested to hear your opinions on the Joyo vs. the VT vs. whatever other OD pedals you have kicking around.

7. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    Jimmym i would love to see a pic of your board man, i don't believe i've ever saw it and you're one of the most helpfull guys here

8. adamsmatthewj

adamsmatthewj

May 4, 2013
    There's no getting around the fact that the demon graphics are CHEESY lol! I'm just leaving it be, find slight humor in using a demon-drive with my worship band

9. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    Any of you guys tried any other joyo effects? This is the only one i've tried

10. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Thx bro...this is my most recent pic. Got rid of the Morley for a Loopmaster Micro AB, though. It'll change here and there based on what I need and what I feel like lugging, but this is the most recent version of it:

PedalaSummer2013_zps39c78a78.

11. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    ^ sweet looking board man!!! What are the 2 in the bottom left corner? And that reddi!!!! Drool......

12. seang15

seang15

Aug 28, 2008
    Cary NC
    Funny Jimmy, in Sept. 2008 you posted this:

"I haven't tried the Linden, but it's just the Baxandall tone controls like what's on a B-15. There's no reason it would sound tubey on its own. It will certainly manipulate an amp's EQ like a B-15, but that's it. But the VT does awesome recreations of B-15 tones. You can even make it imitate mic'ed tones pretty well. Pedal of the future."

I see your board, and you now have the Linden, but not the VT Pedal! How times change things, eh? What made you give up the VT Pedal for the Linden?

Thanks,
    Sean

13. That looks awesome. Did you take pics of the process of doing this, or just the end result of the work?

14. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Good point, but I understand people wanting to avoid any such images.

15. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    The silver one is a Greedtone OD clone that JohnK made and then added a switch to give me two different high rolloffs. Love it! And the one next to it is a Team Awesome Fuzz Machine.

16. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Good question, Sean. The noticeable compression when I use my tube amps was the big reason, plus I only have a VT Deluxe now and I wanted a smaller board. I still like it very much otherwise, but I decided that with a REDDI and Ampeg tube amps, I just didn't need it like I used to.

And the Linden is an EQ only for my upright.

17. DagoMaino

DagoMaino

Feb 1, 2013
    The pedal boosts my signal when it is bypassed... it's advertised as a true bypass on Amazon, but it obviously is not. It doesn't color the tone at all just boosts it by about 3db... haven't dug into it further to see why this is happening because I'm putting it in a parallel loop anyway... it still sounds good though.

18. I LOVE my little Joyo Ultimate Drive! I have it on as my primary sound for one of my bands. I also got a Joyo Analog Delay after being so impressed with the UD, it is another definite keeper. The construction is really rugged too, you can step on them with confidence :bassist:

19. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    that sucks.....does this occur with all the Joyo OD pedals?

20. adamsmatthewj

adamsmatthewj

May 4, 2013

I have not had this problem with it but I would assume there can be many variables when you're talking about a pedal this affordable since it's probably VERY mass manufactured